Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone notice their game looks like crap now?

I noticed recently (as did half of my LS) FFXI was looking really good. Contrast seemed to be very nice, all the colors seemed more vibrant, environments looked cleaner, and just the whole game looked alot better.

Now after this patch, not sure if it had something to do with windower, but things look washed up again, colors dont look as vibrant as they used to be...and I dunno it just doesnt look right to me, some others in my LS are noticing this also. Any input?

On another note, anyone have tips on tweeking your PC to get the most out of this game, even if its just a simple resolution or other trick?

I haven't seen what it looks like on my computer, but I was on my sister's comp today and ran her taru to Boyahda tree for a party while she was cleaning osmething up, everything looked kinda weird. I dunno if it's because i'm used to WoW graphics now or maybe something really is wrong.

Banned.

BG Level

I think its your imagination. I havn't noticed anything.

The last update increased the brightness of in game text (names on people, in your PT box, compass, that sort of thing. With this one they turned it back down, it seems even darker than before although it could just be cause of the contrast with how bright it was over the last week.

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

yup noticed it too... game showed virtually no pixels whatsoever after the update (much like WoW's "edges", but with ffxi's high poly count) then after the "fix" it all looked normal again :/ I thought my radeon was screwing with me.. but apparently not. lol.

GIMME BACK THEMS NICE GRAPHICS!!!

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Looks exactly the same to me.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Can't tell any difference from last month to now lol. You gotta be smoking something or your PC is fucked up.

E. Body
    BG Level

The text looks exactly the same as it did 3 years ago. WTF are people talking about? I demand pics.

maybe a test for 360?

to make my earlier post more specific, ON PS2 they did stuff with the brightness of text, made it bright then dark again. The difference was extremely obvious, if it affected you, you would know for sure unless you're legally blind.

I haven't noticed graphical changes on any other aspect.

I think it was a ps2 thing only, right? I remember Russta or someone mentioning it only happened to ps2.

E. Body
    BG Level

I play on PS2 and still call bullshit. Maybe its a US PS2 onry thing?

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Looks the same to me.

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I would believe the 360 test. I am dead serious though... my graphics got better/smoother and I was like "WTH!? Gotta get some sleep this can't be right..." and then when I woke up, same thing... then after the "fix"... bye bye nice graphics ;_;
    And for some reason I was stupid enough not to take pictures <.<; I can't believe I didn't do that... /slap <me>

EDIT!:
    I found a pic of this... this was the only thing that I took a screen of during that time... only cause while being on my mule, all objects graphs went crazy... well, see for yourselves. (never happened before... happened twice during the time when I had the good graphics, haven't happened since. no changes in card drivers or anything.)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...screwscopy.jpg

yup noticed it too... game showed virtually no pixels whatsoever after the update (much like WoW's "edges", but with ffxi's high poly count) then after the "fix" it all looked normal again :/ I thought my radeon was screwing with me.. but apparently not. lol.
    Yup exactly what I meant...75% of my LS noticed it also.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

A number of us noticed it on my LS today as well. Seems to be a PS2 only thing, though I'd heard of some PC people noticing it as well.

When they did the update that added Diabolos, the brightened the fonts and generally the game looked a lot better. When I logged on today after the fix, it looks even worse than it did before.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

I miss my bright colors ; ;

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Not related to patch, but anyone know how you cause that graphic glitch?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5.../moreColor.jpg

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

by the looks of those two pics, its a graphics card issue, not saying your cards are going bad, but they could have done something for the xbox360 that affects graphic cards in a way they are not supposed to work causing the scewed graphics like that

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Surealistic
    by the looks of those two pics, its a graphics card issue, not saying your cards are going bad, but they could have done something for the xbox360 that affects graphic cards in a way they are not supposed to work causing the scewed graphics like that
    exactly my point.
    as my game went just as heywire as the above posters (see my picture at page 1), I assume they tested 360 compability, and somehow that wasn't 100% compitable with our graphic cards... this does however point towards that we are right.. they DID in fact boost the graphics just a notch, for a short while. those who didn't notice just might've not payed attention, or it didn't affect their games any. lol... I hope the graphics will be back (except for that glitch..)