BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

CoP opinion thread.

Sometimes I wonder what sort of masochistic tendency is inherent in my psyche that causes me to click on the Allakazham "Reply to Thread" link.

Anyway, the moronic posters on Allakazham created a thread about how wonderful CoP is and how it is a success as an expansion. Please, feel free to go there and rain on their parades, since I doubt the bulk of the posters actually managed to make it past the Promies...

General Allakazham stupidity.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Lots of new NM/HNMs that drop some awesome stuff, and more ways to get some of the older stuff (Abjurations).
    O rly?

The 3 wyrms are very exciting and generally kickass to look at.
    Yes I enjoy looking at others fighting NMs, and looking at NMs with no real reward.

Then there's the missions. They can be so frustrating, but at the same time the most fun.
    I had alot more fun when I didn't need a new set of gear for each mission.

Now we have a ton of people who have completed the whole storyline, have those freaking awesome rings and do Limbus with other folks, kill Jailers, and sit there, dead, cursing Absolute Virtue for being so freakin impossible.
    Yes! Killing bugged jailers with shitty drop rates is just so much fun I'm gonna orgasm.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Yes! Killing bugged jailers with shitty drop rates is just so much fun I'm gonna orgasm.
    Orly?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

the missions were a lot of fun :l

yeah, having to buy level capped gear sucked, but the missions were all actually a lot more fun and enjoyable to do than the zilart missions.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Going to Allakhazam is like laughing at a retarded kid in real life.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Going to Allakhazam is like laughing at a retarded kid in real life.
    Just read where the Alla Admin has to ask people to stop calling the SE officers. That was a good use of my lunch break.

Lots of new NM/HNMs that drop some awesome stuff, and more ways to get some of the older stuff (Abjurations).
    O rly?

[quote:2d7c7]The 3 wyrms are very exciting and generally kickass to look at.
    Yes I enjoy looking at others fighting NMs, and looking at NMs with no real reward.

Then there's the missions. They can be so frustrating, but at the same time the most fun.
    I had alot more fun when I didn't need a new set of gear for each mission.

Now we have a ton of people who have completed the whole storyline, have those freaking awesome rings and do Limbus with other folks, kill Jailers, and sit there, dead, cursing Absolute Virtue for being so freakin impossible.
    Yes! Killing bugged jailers with shitty drop rates is just so much fun I'm gonna orgasm.[/quote:2d7c7]

Post in on allakhazam. No point in replying to their threads on here when we all(for the most part) agree with you.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I dont want to post there I value my IQ.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    So I assume all those posts there made in your name is by someone else?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I made an account there ages ago but I don't think I posted there very much. I remember hanging out in the SMN forum alot looking for any sort of useful info (but then I eventually left when most of the arguments were if blm was a good sub or if people should melee etc).

The only non-fishing FFXI forums I go to are here and rarely, FFXIOnline.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Am I the only one that thought CoP was relitively easy aside from getting everyone on witht he right gear at the right time? I only lost a couple times, and I almost managed to 4 man the Promy-V BC for the fun of it. In any case from the responces (which admittedly I skipped a lot of) a lot of them don't know what they are talking about.

I think the storyline is cool but CoP still sucks ass for the guys with only one lvl 75. I didnt do CoP for months after its release and am still on chapter 3. There are freaking drgs further through CoP then me................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .. and i aint joining a pick up shout for party(they all shouting for blmx5 anyway;/)

Really need a LS or static set to do it all together and you know ppl hate to go back redo stuff to help others out again. So.......... CoP is afailure to me and zilart is still better.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

As Jailer has been bugged for so long why haven't they fixed it?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    Am I the only one that thought CoP was relitively easy aside from getting everyone on witht he right gear at the right time?
    I thought it was easy and I did every mission before they were all nerfed to hell.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Am I the only one that thought CoP was relitively easy aside from getting everyone on witht he right gear at the right time?
    I thought it was easy and I did every mission before they were all nerfed to hell.
    Then lol @ all the CoP is awsome cause it's so challengeing posts, when it could have been the same difficulty but all 75. I also hate the lower levels can participate shit, guess what, we took a lvl62 whm for the first half of CoP and when we got to the uncapped missions it was a BITCH to replace him.

Anyways it's moot I deleted my account last night I might bring it back to do the TuA missions, but aside from that, I just don't feel like there is anything I want to do for the 1000 time, and it was a good time for me to leave, I was starting to get towards the top of the list for some good HNM drops, and it would have been assy for me to take them and leave.

No, it wasn't easy. If you beat Ouryu, Diabolos, Omega/Ultima, Bomb, Mithra trackers, promyvions the first time you tried them without cheating and reading spoilers then you have shamrocks shoved up your ass.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    No, it wasn't easy. If you beat Ouryu, Diabolos, Omega/Ultima, Bomb, Mithra trackers, promyvions the first time you tried them without cheating and reading spoilers then you have shamrocks shoved up your ass.
    I read strats, I know some people don't like to do that, but I do, if you feel like thats cheating your welcome to that opinion.

Diablos are you joking???? that was one of the easiest missions in the whole thing. Promlyvion was not really that hard, aside from the climb in the olden days, which wasen't hard caus people just brought 18 people. I've tanked the BC battle(including ENM runs) upwards of 20 times and lost twice ever, both times it was Mea and both times it was cause someone forgot to use their anima.

I liked CoP missions, I like fighting wyrms, I think sea is kind of gay but has some interesting things to it if you can convince your ls to hang out there for 8 hours everyday. I'm pretty satisfied with most of the content in CoP overall.

There are some valid arguments as to why CoP kind of sucks as an expansion, but generally most people who cry about CoP suck at this game and need to quit.

90ANG/45MEX IMO
    BG Level

I personally believe that SE prefers to read sites like Alla~ and puts endgame websites such as this one in their blacklist. Better to see people blindly praising something that is truly an utter failure for the most part. I'll give COP one piece of credit, and that is the story. It surpassed anything I could have imagined. Unfortunately, the story is a one time thing and the player base looks to further their progress with new and better HNMs that rival that of the Zilarts. However, Sky Gods > Sea Gods, for reasons I need not list for you all already know. Same with 3 Kings > 3 Wyrms. Which makes endgame for COP, supposedly made for the hardcore populous an utter failure. However, since SE hasn't made it clear whether or not COP is finished (ie. new mission through bahamut), there might be hope yet.

I'm so delusional I know

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast