Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lui
    I think we need to focus on killing NM's to weaken the boss, and pinpointing what killing each NM does for each boss, and where the NM's are located. Can anyone help fill in the blanks on the NM's?
    I understand what ur saying
    but theres a NM called Fairy Ring...
    Hits about 1000 to a PLD, 800 breath, and has permanent Flee speed

How do u kill that with no subs?
    Ppl said PLD flash and invincible, and BLM zerg it... but thats not the case because BLM are highly resisted.... so yea ... seems too hard without subs

Quote Originally Posted by Someonher
    Well, this goes against Eternus's arguement that some JP have been able to unlock subjobs, but reading Lui's post gave me this idea. Just like the progresstion Valk > Bubu > Qufim, I was thinking that most players do not have subjobs when they level in Valkurm. And how do they get them? Three items from a crab, dragonfly and skeleton. I'm just kinda brainstorming, throwing ideas out there. Take them for what you will.
    No crabs in Dynamis Valkurm. theres Nightmare Flys tho, and no skulls lol
    I died early on into the Dynamis, remembering what my LS saw..
    Orcs, Yagudo, Quadav, Goblin
    Sabotender, Manticore, Fly, Sheep, Hippogryph
    Treatns, Malboro
    NMS:
    Dragontrapx2 - planteater thing, from carpenters landing
    Goobue(NM name is weird)
    Fairy Ring - Funguar
    and Cirrate - Malboro Mega Boss

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Someonher Rope
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Someonher
    Well, this goes against Eternus's arguement that some JP have been able to unlock subjobs, but reading Lui's post gave me this idea. Just like the progresstion Valk > Bubu > Qufim, I was thinking that most players do not have subjobs when they level in Valkurm. And how do they get them? Three items from a crab, dragonfly and skeleton. I'm just kinda brainstorming, throwing ideas out there. Take them for what you will.
    No crabs in Dynamis Valkurm. theres Nightmare Flys tho, and no skulls lol
    I died early on into the Dynamis, remembering what my LS saw..
    Orcs, Yagudo, Quadav, Goblin
    Sabotender, Manticore, Fly, Sheep, Hippogryph
    Treatns, Malboro
    NMS:
    Dragontrapx2 - planteater thing, from carpenters landing
    Goobue(NM name is weird)
    Fairy Ring - Funguar
    and Cirrate - Malboro Mega Boss[/quote]

Yah, I didn't think any of those mobs wree there. I was just kinda throwing ideas out there. Maybe since you unlock subs by killing mobs in valk. that's what you gotta do in dyna-valk. However, you unlock subs from mob drops in Bubu too. So maybe it's not related at all.

Well, next group that goes into Valkurm, concentrate on killing those NM's then and see what happens

They are all plants tho:

Goobbue, Treant, Mantrap, Funguar, Malboro

• Goobbue = Cake[/*:m:b34de]
    • Treant = Cake[/*:m:b34de]
    • Mantrap = Havnt tried it[/*:m:b34de]
    • Funguar = Tough but we never tried with no subs, so next raid we are gonna give him a run. Considering how easy the Treant and Goobbue were, i cant see him being as hard as everyone thinks.[/*:m:b34de]
    • Malboro = Not as hard as you think. The pull is pretty tricky, he spawns 4 statues (Goblin Replica, Manifest Icon, Warchief Tombstone, Adamantking Effigy) that spawn on the path that runs West to East in front of Selbina. Also, it appears he runs faster than flee speed so dont think pulling him and fleeing to the Alliance is going to work. You'll have to think outside the box on this pull. He also spawns some mobs along the hills leading directly to the Selbina Gates. I cant remember them all but it was Manticore, Sheep and some other stuff. The Malboro NM also spawns 2 Nightmare Molboro.[/*:m:b34de]

Unlocking subs was easy once we found out how. Doing it in the first 10 minutes is the real trick. This zone is a time race. The NMs are at the four courners of the maps so you have to pick one and then attack the NM. Each NM is behind atleast 4 statues. After the statues die it takes some Sam Fisher skills to sneak around the Nightmare Mobs to attack the NMs.

Its a big zone and time is the biggest problem, not subjobs or mobs.

Gunblade

Heh couple questions

anyone worked out a map layout of mobs yet

is there mp and hp mobs

have not tried the new dynamis yet and looking to get as much info as possible before leading a rat race

Quote Originally Posted by Gunblade
    Heh couple questions

anyone worked out a map layout of mobs yet

is there mp and hp mobs

have not tried the new dynamis yet and looking to get as much info as possible before leading a rat race
    That's what we're trying to figure out with this thread. If you take your group in make sure you report back.

Aim for the following NM's:
    Stcemqestcint (Treant)- La Theine Zone
    Fairy Ring (Funguar) - Bard Rune @ E9
    Dragontrap (Mantrap) - ??
    Nant'ina (Goobbue?) - Konschtat Zone
    Cirrate Christelle (Malboro, Boss) - Selbina

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrsarusrex
    • Goobbue = Cake[/*:m:22a22]
    Where did you find the Goobbue? - nevermind, he's towards Konschtat zone.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrsarusrex
    • Goobbue = Cake[/*:m:6b403]
    • Treant = Cake[/*:m:6b403]
    • Mantrap = Havnt tried it[/*:m:6b403]
    • Funguar = Tough but we never tried with no subs, so next raid we are gonna give him a run. Considering how easy the Treant and Goobbue were, i cant see him being as hard as everyone thinks.[/*:m:6b403]
    • Malboro = Not as hard as you think. The pull is pretty tricky, he spawns 4 statues (Goblin Replica, Manifest Icon, Warchief Tombstone, Adamantking Effigy) that spawn on the path that runs West to East in front of Selbina. Also, it appears he runs faster than flee speed so dont think pulling him and fleeing to the Alliance is going to work. You'll have to think outside the box on this pull. He also spawns some mobs along the hills leading directly to the Selbina Gates. I cant remember them all but it was Manticore, Sheep and some other stuff. The Malboro NM also spawns 2 Nightmare Molboro.[/*:m:6b403]

Unlocking subs was easy once we found out how. Doing it in the first 10 minutes is the real trick. This zone is a time race. The NMs are at the four courners of the maps so you have to pick one and then attack the NM. Each NM is behind atleast 4 statues. After the statues die it takes some Sam Fisher skills to sneak around the Nightmare Mobs to attack the NMs.

Its a big zone and time is the biggest problem, not subjobs or mobs.
    So the subjob ??? spawn after you killed the NM? I'm assuming you find out how by your post.

Anyone tried bringing a BST into these zones to charm the animal mobs?

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    The Valkurm DAT file is roughly setup like this:
    A large listing of various Nightmare mobs
    Can you be specific with how many types of mobs there are in Valkurm?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Eternus
    Nope you can unlock subjobs in Dynamis Valkrum. Check some JP sites. Apparently one of the groups of NMs spawns the ??? which has the subjob unlock ability. My LS did this tonight, but I didn't make it. Sounds like they unlocked their subjobs and the zone was much easier afterwards of course.
    thats nice

too bad your theory is seriously flawed since there is no second ??? in the dat file, assuming the first one is for title and key item.

either:
    -you kill a mob that drops a ??? for your SJ, but this ??? is also for the win key item and interloper title, since there is only 1 ??? in the dat file.
    -you kill a mob that drops a ??? for your SJ, and you beat the area by killing the boss which automatically gives you title + key item.
    -you kill a mob that grats you your SJ upon defeat, and the ??? is for the win + title + key item.

As far as I know here are the Nightmare Mobs in Valk.

Sheep
    Manticor
    Malboro
    Flys
    Hyppogriffens
    Cactars
    Mantraps

I might be missing one, but Im pretty sure thats all of them.

Stop looking to the DAT files and just experiment and play around. Half the fun of an MMO is the exploration and discovery. The other half is drama lol.

This zone is like 10x easier with subs though, for real.

You can look at the .dat files all day, you can only enter Dynamis twice a week. Personally, the linkshells I go with aren't going anywhere near the new zones yet. I'm compiling information, and the .dat files helped us crack the strategy for Buburimu. Nothing wrong with that

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

The man trap is by the bard rune near gustav

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

so yea explain how to unlock subjobs lol... u said its easy how do u do it?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

im almost positive SE put some way to unlock SJs in this area, since there's only 1 ??? in the .dat, then i think its fair to say that you have to kill a certain mob and when it dies you automatically get your SJs back.

maybe if you kill all of a certain family of creatures/beastmen? just a thought

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

my thought is kill any NM and restriction breaks

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yes there is a way to unlock subs here, the dynamis LS i go with unlocked them on Weds. night.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Arnwulf
    Yes there is a way to unlock subs here, the dynamis LS i go with unlocked them on Weds. night.
    Share it.

Yeah that's like 3 people who have come here and posted they unlocked subjobs but did not say how. If you did it why not just say how?