Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Dynamis - Valkurm Discussion Thread

We have one for Bubu, we have one for Qufim, time to compile data for Valkurm! Wizerd, get on that dat, stat!

Re: Dynamis - Valkurm Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lui
    We have one for Bubu, we have one for Qufim, time to compile data for Valkurm! Wizerd, get on that dat, stat!
    First things first... Where are the ??? for support jobs?

Two possible spots, speculation is where the swirling vortex is and where the bard ruins are. Otherwise, no clue right now.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

My dynamis ls is currently working out the kinks in this zone. We have yet to find the ???.

Our first encounter was a wipe to some crazy malboro with
    AoE Physical
    Breath attacks
    Kraken hite
    Auto-flee

and prolly more. Since then we've equated him to the other 2 nms in other zones, gotta kill other mobs and get rid of his abilities.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

What about Fairy Ring? I thought he was just as hard (considering he hits PLDs for 1000 and all).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

The inital reports said that Fairy Ring ran at flee speed too, so perhaps their abilities are linked to the same NM, somewhere in valkurm.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Nah Fairy ring isn't the mega boss the Marlboro is. Fairy Ring had the flee speed from what I remember. The Marlboro has everything. The AOE attacks hit me and everyone in my alliance for 400ish dmg and wiped us fast. Pretty much like a AOE Kraken with auto flee on. Fairy Ring was the mushroom mob and there were others with abilities the stupid Marlboro had. We pulled a few more NMs after that and we have since gone back (I missed that raid). We sent people out to the other NMs in the zone and we are trying to figure out which ones have which abilities and hopefully find a damn time extension lol. Oh well we will keep trying anyway.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Add in at end of post: ruhroh, read the bottom!

I would assume the time extension in Dynamis - Valkurm comes from this Malboro NM, or whatever happens to be the boss of this zone, as that's what it's like in the other two zones with Antaeus and Apocalyptic Beast. Unfortunately, the DAT file reveals little to no hints regarding the triggers for certain things in Valkurm.

I don't know if you took the time to look at the other two DAT reports by myself and NynJa, but they show definate patterns right before the boss.

The Valkurm DAT file is roughly setup like this:

Cirrate Christelle
    Nightmare Morbol
    Nightmare Morbol

A statue and a set of THF, DRG, SMN mobs from each race

Nightmare Sabotender x3
    Nightmare Manticore x3
    Nightmare Hippogryph x3
    Nightmare Sheep x3

Stcemqestcint
    Dragontrap x3
    Nant'ina
    Fairy Ring
    Nightmare Fly

A large listing of various Nightmare mobs

Another set of statues and mobs from each race with identical job combinations as follows:

Statue
    WAR
    RNG
    RDM

Statue
    WHM
    NIN
    MNK

Statue
    PLD
    BLM
    SAM

Statue
    BST
    BRD
    DRK

Note: the 3 missing jobs above were covered in the first set of statues

The above is then repeated, but with the missing statue and 3 mobs.

---
    ...one thing I did just notice about this DAT file, though, which might frighten people. There doesn't seem to be a second "???" mark, indicating there may not be a way to unlock support jobs in Dynamis - Valkurm. There is one "???", but I speculate that is for the win. The others each have two.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Sir Gatsby has reminded me that there are two different ???s positions in Qufim and Buburimu, thus covering the two in those DAT files. The single ??? in Valkurm might just mean that it's in a static location, instead of being random of the two. In light of that, I think SE made it harder to get to it (IE: have to kill mobs to get there).

New Merits
    BG Level

On my LS's last run in Dynamis Valkrum we tried to look for the ??? first. Our first guess is that it's located in secret beach. The path to secret beach is mostly cleared untill you reach the tunnel. Mobs that guard that path are goblins. We did not find any ??? on the secret beach.
    After that we head toward the west beach from Selbina. The center area have Nightmare Hippor wandering around, but you can easily dodged them. The path to Fairy Ring was guarded by 4 Yag Statue, each pop 2-3 Yag I believe.
    We did not check the Vortex area after that due to limited time left. However I did sent 2 Thfs to scout the rest of the area. The north path toward La Then have a Warchief Tombstone and a Tree NM. I forgot what were discovered on the east path to Konsta, but they did not find any ??? on neither two path.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

After talking with wizerd, we've come to the conclusion that

If the placeholder dropped by the boss is a ???, then there is no subjob ??? in the Dyna-dunes.

We've checked the starter city dynas to see how many ??? are located in those areas. One would assume that SE has structured their files similarly. This look shows that there is only one ??? in these dyna areas.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Cirrate Christelle is the malboro NM. When aggroed he spawns 3(4?) statues, each with 3 beastmen of a certain type(yag, quadav, etc.)

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

This zone sucks ass =_=
    We went with the info we got on net

Possible Locations
    1) Stone Monument
    2) Swirling Vortex
    3) La Theine
    4) Konstacht
    5) Gustav

BULLSH*T we looked everywhere we zerg'd this damn area lol theres nothing.

So then we looked at .dat files.
    In the whole zone there seems to be only 1 ??? which is when u win and u get "Dynamis-Valkurm Interloper"

So unless u have to kill a certain mob to unlock the subjobs, this dynamis was meant to be Subjob less

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It makes me wonder...

SE changed the formats by having mob names spawned locally. Do you think this was accidental, coincidental, or SE intended it knowing we'd look into the files to get this information to piece it together ??

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

My LS just tried this, and got jack-shit.

We looked half-heartedly for the ???, didn't find it.

Maybe the ??? in Dyna-bubu is so you have subjobs in ALL the new dynamis?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Qufim and Buburimu both have ???s to unlock SJ, so that wouldnt work.

if there's only 1 ??? in the dunes dat files then you probably have to kill a certain mob to unlock SJs....which can be substantially easier seeing as how you'd know exactly where it is every time, but it could also be Fairy Ring or that NM Treant.

Well let's look at it this way.

Buburimu and Qufim drop level 72 and 73 AF, Valkurm drops level 71. In my mind, this would make sense if Valkurm is the no subjob zone, while the other two are. I guess SE meant for the "natural progression" if you will, to be Valkurm > Buburimu > Qufim (just like xp spots, go fig).

I think we need to focus on killing NM's to weaken the boss, and pinpointing what killing each NM does for each boss, and where the NM's are located. Can anyone help fill in the blanks on the NM's?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Nope you can unlock subjobs in Dynamis Valkrum. Check some JP sites. Apparently one of the groups of NMs spawns the ??? which has the subjob unlock ability. My LS did this tonight, but I didn't make it. Sounds like they unlocked their subjobs and the zone was much easier afterwards of course.

Ok, I just love throwing out theories out there They're not always right. Any idea which set of monsters pops the ???. You said check the JP sites, so point us to which

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Someonher Rope
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Well, this goes against Eternus's arguement that some JP have been able to unlock subjobs, but reading Lui's post gave me this idea. Just like the progresstion Valk > Bubu > Qufim, I was thinking that most players do not have subjobs when they level in Valkurm. And how do they get them? Three items from a crab, dragonfly and skeleton. I'm just kinda brainstorming, throwing ideas out there. Take them for what you will.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast