Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can't beat Snoll Tzar ; ;     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Can't beat Snoll Tzar ; ;

We have been trying for 2 weeks now ><;

Only setup we can go in as is BLM BLM RDM RDM BST THF

We tried Chainspell nuking and Flarex2 but we would wipe too fast. Im guessing it cant be manaburned? We also have around 5 salts each time and end up using them all. Got it down to 30% but thats as close as it gets ; ;

Does anyone have any suggestions? I dont see how we can beat this since we can only try once per 2 hrs...

Someone told me there was a med that resets your 2hr, is this true? I never heard of it before...

First off get a mismelt or 2 not that u really need it but eh it never hurts Next everyone purchase a reraise hairpin and use it before battle..... Start with the BLM (Elemental Seal) Flare ...... at the same time RDM Chainspell Highest Tier 3. Bst and Thf are pretty much a waste just WS Asap.... Basically cast until u are dead (reraise) and BLM Manafont finish it off it should be close to dead... the fight should be really easy for u but reraise + stoneskin / blink is the key.

Sparky

Don't use a mistmelt, use the salts. >.>; But yeah without a real tank, its gonna be rough. Are those the only jobes you 6 have?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Only strat I can offer you...

Have the thf /sam or /war.

/sam would be for meditate. Have the bst call a pet and have it aggro Snoll. Have the thf run up and SA+DE for hate. Then have him 2 hour. Have him charge SA so it's up again soon. Have bst rampage and thf SA+DE again. While they're working on that, both blm's should be Flare-ing. After sc goes off both rdm's chainspell nuke. Have them stand apart from each other and one of them needs to gravity. Have the bst or thf (or both?) on salt duty and have the mages bounce him around until death. Reraise as needed, as long as you don't have multiple people fall at once you should be able to get back up and cast some more. If a blm dies have them get up, 2 hour and Flare again, etc.

He has 9k HP, thf with his 2 WS's should be doing 1-1.5k, bst depending on sub should get that much if not more in, you'll be depending on the mages but each Flare should hit for around 1k and at the least you should get 4 off (2 for each mage) and if you work it correctly should be able to get 6 off. In that margin of error the rdm's can easily finish that off because RDM is awesome in this BC.

salt not mismelt ..... damn u Riverne Site B >.>

Sparky

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

losing this with 2 rdm and 2 blm? >_>

are both rdm subbed ninja for chainspell utsusemi in between nukes?

Your problem is that you have no tank. Unless you can get a tank, don't expect to win. Since you're NIN according to your sig, you should probably go as NIN. Also remember that his exploding move happens as a result of doing a lot of damage to him. It's not on a strict timer. If I were you I would go in, voke it as NIN, then wait 30 seconds and voke it again then have everyone go to town on him. This way you build up a bit of hate so he doesn't go crazy. the RDMs can chainspell nuke after the second voke, the BLM can ES + Flare, and have the THF just TA+DE then Icarus Wing then SA+DE.

with a tank you should have no trouble winning. When I did this we heard so many stories about how the whole idea is just damage him fast enough so we went strictly offensive. When we realized that he's actually quite powerful in his own regard, we decided we had to go about 70% offenseive 30% defensive. When we did this, we won no problem.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

His explosion is not damage-based. Once the Bomb reaches his final size (after 45s) any of his TP attacks could be Hypothermal-Combustion. Usually he uses it right away, but sometimes "forgets". Each salt you use will reduce him down once size (thus preventing him from gaining the ability to explode for 15s).

It can be manaburned, we did it with 4 BLM 1 RDM 1 SMN. You need to Gravity and bounce hate. We actually had the RDM NOT chainspell. The trick here was to keep casting Flare while never letting the bomb get TP. Each spell is 10TP, so you need to calculate how to hit him as hard as you can while avoiding him reaching 100TP once he's reached his full size.

Tank?

Do you really need a tank? pre-RNG nerf my setup was SMN,WHM/NIN, RDM,RDM,RNG RNG. WHM tanked :D

Banned.

BG Level

a

We didn't have a tank for ours, RNG/NIN WAR/THF MNK/WAR BLM BLM WHM? i believe it was, so it wasn't that hard >.>;

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

We didnt have a tank. 5x BLM 1x MNK.

MNK went in, hundred fisted and all blms casted Flare. When Flare went off, MNK used Salty thinger while the rest of us kept bouncing the hot potato around :D

Make your BLMs sub NIN, make your RDMs sub NIN, make everyone use Reraise Hairpins and make your BLMs save Manafont for when they reraise.

Win

Also, nobody stand in a line, because Heimal Breath will fucking own you.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

My setup used THF RDM BLM BLM BLM RNG I think. I don't entirely remember who was all there. RNG aggroed, THF was /SAM and let loose a 300% TP SA dancing edge. BLMs casted flare, then firaga II then whatever else. RDM just did chainspell nuke. Hate bounced between all of us but we were in close together so thf and rng could use salts.

Nobody was /NIN except for the RNG, we just relied on stoneskin, blink and plenty of stuns.

yea, i think we should just keep trying and testing out the different strats.

What makes this BC so hard for us is we only get 1 real shot every 2 hours. Its hard enough getting people online at the same time ; ;

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

A lot of the recommended strategies involve BLM or RDM, but I found that WAR and SAM/RNG outdamaged them easily. One thing to note is that if you bring a PLD, his invincible will only be effective for the inital setup of the fight; any good DD is going to have stolen hate before his invincible is up, reducing the PLD to a cure bomber or salt user.

Have a mage sub SMN to use Aerial Armor on everyone (or alternatively get a blink band and pass it around for those unable to blink themselves), could also purchase a Stoneskin gorget, every bit of damage prevention/reduction helps. Bring au lait, vile elixir or any other instant HP gain meds if someone in your party is dying too soon to contribute to the BC (a dead person does no damage). I personally don't recommend to bother with salt because since you have no dedicate healer, you want to finish the fight ASAP rather than drag it out. Tank is unnecessary since this is an all out offensive BC, I don't see how you are unable to finish since BLM does a lot of damage using Flare > Firaga II > Fire II, and I did ~1500 on RDM with chainspell Fire II + Vulcan Staff. Alternatively, if you want to bother, try on Firesday for that extra bit of damage added to your mage-heavy setup.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

My group had never lost to Snoll Tzar, and won it about 6 times for a lot of people with this exact setup. Mnk/drk, whm, blm, rdm, and 2 of literally any jobs the others have.

We went in and buffed, while the monk fully boosted. Opened with Chi Blast -> Hundred Fists + Soul Eater + Last Resort, and immediately everyone starts 2hr nuking. I was on whm, would open with Holy then pretty much spamed the mnk with Cure 3s and 4s from then on, and a Benediction somewhere in the middle.

If the monk ever lost hate, it was never more than a second or two to the rdm or blm. Each of the monk's normal hits were doing 80-95 and crits for 120+s quite a bit. We've had sam/rng and rng/sam and it was pre-nerf. The mnk/drk outdamaged them pretty badly and was our damage anchor + tank.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

sam/rng ftw!