Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: new merit point extension     submit to reddit submit to twitter

A. Body
    BG Level

new merit point extension

just noticed, even though the last patch extended the limit of how many merit points you can invest in each job category, the limit on the sub-categories remains 5

that kinda sux

anybody else noticed this? wondering if this is the same for all job categories

Banned.

BG Level

Yes, this was made VERY clear on the update. I mean it was singled out. This was meant for people to fill up two max(or a bunch of less than max) areas. A BLM with 10 Thunder Potentecy would be very overpowering.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

yep it'd overpower some jobs if they increased subcategories, but they gave people the new option of upgrading another stat, which is very helpful in some cases...like THF doing Triple Attack / SA or TA merits to 5.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I want my 10points in evasion!!! >_<

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I'm glad they capped out at five and you're forced to pick a different option. As much as I'd like my Monk to have Counter+10, my Warrior to have Double Attack+10% or my White Mage to have cure casting time -40% (lol) anyone can see it's just stupidly overpowered. I no longer have the dilema of whether I want Regen potency or cure cast time, DA or Berserk etc as I can just have both and be happy. How many jobs have more than two of their options that are really worth it anyway?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yeah I am sure all the melee would like for BRD to put in +10% accuracy with Madrigal... or +10 attack with Minuet too. The madrigal boost would be hot lol. Not sure how much % accuracy sushi adds though.

Lv5 Berserk/Aggressor ftw!
    ...now i just need 30 meritpoints and to delevel double attack :\

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by chilicheese
    Lv5 Berserk/Aggressor ftw!
    ...now i just need 30 meritpoints and to delevel double attack :\
    Is the DA +5% really as bad as I keep reading so many Warriors say it is? To be fair it has been the Ridill Warrior's saying it though lol.

Need more combat skills. 12 is not enough!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

They should scratch stone potency for blm and put in conserve mp bonuses

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Banigaru
    You kiddin? Stone was the first thing I merited. Fuck thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    You show those Toramas who the boss!

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by vudoodoodoo
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    You show those Toramas who the boss!
    And Hippogryphs too!

blax n gunz
    BG Level

He wants to steal hate and get Hoof Volley'd in RiverneB

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eternus
    Yeah I am sure all the melee would like for BRD to put in +10% accuracy with Madrigal... or +10 attack with Minuet too. The madrigal boost would be hot lol. Not sure how much % accuracy sushi adds though.
    Unfortunately Madrigal and Minuet are +2, not +2%. So a BRD with Minuet meritted 5 times would give any melee he played minuet on +10 attack to the standard song.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Madrigal is by percentage and Minuet is by attack points. And it is 1 attack an upgrade because I have done 2 in each and I have checked multiple times on Minuet. Madrigal is only really checked in parsers lol since accuracy doesn't display otherwise. That isn't like a damn +2 instrument or anything either. Just straight up 1 attack an upgrade. Pretty lame I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    I'm glad they capped out at five and you're forced to pick a different option. As much as I'd like my Monk to have Counter+10, my Warrior to have Double Attack+10% or my White Mage to have cure casting time -40% (lol) anyone can see it's just stupidly overpowered. I no longer have the dilema of whether I want Regen potency or cure cast time, DA or Berserk etc as I can just have both and be happy. How many jobs have more than two of their options that are really worth it anyway?
    WAR does ;( I want max berserk/agressor/double attack.

Oh, and ya the double attack merits really arent that impressive. I'm actually in the process of converting to berserk/agressor merits, but then again my WAR is the only job I have for endgame really so that effects my decision greatly (war/nin=good dmg with berserk/agressor on anything, without we're just about as strong as a thf)

Not only that...having a lowered recast on Berserk and not Aggressor is possibly the biggest pain ever. Ive been stacking zerk/aggr for 2years...switching now is such a pain and I only have 30seconds off of Zerk. In turn I end up forgetting about aggressor after putting Berserk up, and visa versa, in turn probably actually reducing the amount I have both up, when in hectic situations like HNMs and Limbus/Dynamis.

I have 5 Double Attack, so Imma go 3Zerk/2Aggr, finish up the rest of my merits and then go and finish up zerk/aggr lowering my Double Attack. ;_; Or at least dropping 1 D.A. to go 3/3 on B/A.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternus
    Madrigal is by percentage and Minuet is by attack points. And it is 1 attack an upgrade because I have done 2 in each and I have checked multiple times on Minuet. Madrigal is only really checked in parsers lol since accuracy doesn't display otherwise. That isn't like a damn +2 instrument or anything either. Just straight up 1 attack an upgrade. Pretty lame I guess.
    Then how do you know it's not adding a straight number and not a percentage, since you claim it cannot be checked?

fyi people have checked how much accuracy madrigal gives by using /check against the mob.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

NIN only has 1 upgrade, kinda sucks, wish I could do 10 into Subtle Blow since there's not much else unless I want OMGOMGOMG 5 More Hyoton DMG FTW.