+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Apocalypse for Bahamut...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelek
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    I like the name "Bec de Faucon" , that shoulda been the end name

Translates to "Beak of the Falcon" or "Falcon's beak".
    Lol. do you know how that's pronounced? it sounds extremely gay... and I honestly can't see anyway of beating "Apocalypse" as a name xD it owns everything.
    My limited grade 9 applyed french tells me that it sounds very cool actually.
    your english however forgets how to spell "applied".
    And I can also point out that you do not use proper captialization. Your point is..?

in a competitive hnm setting jeuno hp was what ruined our chances a lot of times lol
    OMG. How true is that. I wanna stab the members in my LS who keep their HP in Jeuno. Just so they can afk and show off some gear, or some other stupidly unknown reason. Mind you this is in an LS where 90% of our LS has sea access, and 95% have at least safehold AH access.

I'm french too, I wouldn't say it's gay sounding but it's certainly an odd name. Apocalypse is better, it's simple.

Real Cafe au lait is like dark coffee with and half scalded milk poured at the same time... meaning half milk half coffee so there is no more of one than the other so technically the term could be correct as depending on one persons view it's coffee-flavored milk or another person it's coffee and a lot of milk. Seeing cooking drinks in game isn't a precise skill of pouring drinks but using a crystal I really can't judge the name to be incorrect. Most people confuse a Cafe au Lait to be a latte and it's not even close.

Some french words are typos but so are some english, I seem to recall a few french phrases used in quests that were in their proper context but don't ask me where and when because I can't remember.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I perfer HP in Jeuno because Windurst sucks ass for outposting.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    in a competitive hnm setting jeuno hp was what ruined our chances a lot of times lol
    outpost onry

Banned.

BG Level

Windurst is fine for outposting. I like Windurst out of taste however. People complain how big is... I think towns in this game are just too small ;o.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Bastok > All for OP'ing.

The OP warper is like a whole of 15 steps outside the moghouse/zone to metalworks.

Today I OP'd to the dunes twice after my nooby thf(me!) pulled a Fafnir-like darter that Cursed Sphere'd us to oblivion. So easy and fast , <3 bastok ^_^

Im Bastok myself, and I agree wholeheartedly about it being nice for OPs, but Sandy is actually probably better, as you can set you HP right at that HP Crystal, making the OP guy literally a 5 second walk from your HP.
    Nice for HNM Camps.

Kinda sucks to have to walk all of the way to you Mog House, but its not too bad.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I dunno i prefer setting my HP's at moghouses as opposed to crystals.
    Back before I did OP's i'd set it to jeuno, but whenever I needed to quickly change jobs i'd have to walk all the way back to homepoint, and most of the time I warp or need to go home is to change jobs and OP. Very nice when you need to be a BST for Shigikami, then swap to BLM for aspid.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The problem with Windurst is that it takes almost three minutes to get from your Mog House to the Outpost person. (Seriously, that is not much of an exaggeration.) The fastest way to get from your MH to OP is to zone twice. Bastok rules for outposting because the mog house and auction house are close and so is the outposter. (I love my Bastok mule so much for that.)

Tavnazian HP > all.

Outpost right outside, access to the Jeuno AH, and also Sea only a few seconds away. Not to mention the lack of shouts, or the level 20's asking for gil.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Bastok rules for outposting because the mog house and auction house are close and so is the outposter.
    I agree... I want to switch to Windurst so I can hit rank 10 (Bastok's storyline sucked), but it means I'd have to spend more time running around from place to place... sigh. Why is it that the most interesting nation has to have the most annoying, frustrating city?

LazyShell
    BG Level

homepoint in bastok, and u can just outpost to right outside tavnazia.. yet if u homepoint in tavnazia and beastmen control it you are screwed.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

i learned this lesson yesterday.....

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Only problem with Tavnazia as HP is when the xp parties in lufaise die too much and beastmen get control of the region, then you're basically stranded in Tavnazia cause outpost wont work.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan
    Only problem with Tavnazia as HP is when the xp parties in lufaise die too much and beastmen get control of the region, then you're basically stranded in Tavnazia cause outpost wont work.
    I thought it goes under beastman control cause people keep wiping to Mamets/Ouryu/Ultima/Omega?

Black Belt
    BG Level

storage > Jeuno AH for me, so Bastok HP is a lot better than Tav

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    I thought it goes under beastman control cause people keep wiping to Mamets/Ouryu/Ultima/Omega?
    I thought BC arenas arent under region control?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    I thought BC arenas arent under region control?
    No you see them on the region map... Stuff like republic circlet etc also work in bcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Im Bastok myself, and I agree wholeheartedly about it being nice for OPs, but Sandy is actually probably better, as you can set you HP right at that HP Crystal, making the OP guy literally a 5 second walk from your HP.
    Nice for HNM Camps.

Kinda sucks to have to walk all of the way to you Mog House, but its not too bad.
    Meh I just HP at the north sandy mog house.

Everytime I warp back it's going to be for a job change (normally subbing blm when I warp) or something, so it's faster to have my HP right there then run over to OP warp dude.