Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

I hate retarded people who bid more for items that are in constant supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi
    Quote Originally Posted by Desklamp
    Scorpion Harness 23mil, Bismarck
    Hmm, are you sure? I went "home" to my family over christmas the 22nd (still here) and they were stable at 9.5m-10m. You sure you don't mean +1?
    They hit 26mil because someone was inflating the price till Grayfox and Kaiser took to resetting the AH history.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by cubone
    Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    Removing D.Cloth from AQ happened ~5months ago and Verms remained mostly stable until very recently. People have been seeing these items double in price within the span of 2 weeks recently.
    YA RLY! 5/6mil is vary stable! (when i saw last...)

well i meant i'd LEAST i would have a chance to you know... to actually farm the snyth items and have someone craft for alot lesser than caveing into the whoreiffc AH price. i know that THF Saorii did for his SMN to get his cloak, he camped AQ every day until i saw him running with a verm.
    Well, by stable I just mean the price mostly stayed within the same range. Prior to the AQ change, wasn't it 4mil anyway?

It is true you can't really farm the synth items for Verm as easily now though. However, as gil sellers became more active with him, I wonder if you'd even want to try.

At least on Fairy, I attributed the rising price of Vermillion to people jacking up (or buying the jacked up price) Damascene Cloth from a steady 2.5 -> 4 mil a piece. Like I said, most crafted gears go up because of the materials, you guys aren't looking at the complete picture.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Garuda prices - most of these were about 75% or less of current price 2 weeks ago.

Sorry about the pic size.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../inflation.jpg

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by atsalaz
    At least on Fairy, I attributed the rising price of Vermillion to people jacking up (or buying the jacked up price) Damascene Cloth from a steady 2.5 -> 4 mil a piece. Like I said, most crafted gears go up because of the materials, you guys aren't looking at the complete picture.
    Yeah, the prices of the materials is whats driving up prices on all these items

I wonder if I try to put up a serket for 6 mil more than what it is now and see if it sells since there is none in stock and its the holiday season.

I think what the people of Bahamut are crying about is that all of these price hikes happened within the last month or so. Across the board high dollar items are increasing by millions. It's like some sort of conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    Quote Originally Posted by atsalaz
    Yeah, the prices of the materials is whats driving up prices on all these items

I wonder if I try to put up a serket for 6 mil more than what it is now and see if it sells since there is none in stock and its the holiday season.
    It will sell.

Glad I got my kotes for 1.7 mil :D

Cool our kote are 9.5m now, nq haub 13m, sh 13m, etc etc.

lol judah, I bet you feel fairly retarded now.

Remember that time I bought your kote for 5,299,999gil+sparkling hand about a week ago? YA ME TOO

Banned.

BG Level

Lets get everyone in the world to blacklist the obvious gil buyers.... no? okay.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

It's like this with all the servers. Imagine if Bill Gates and Donald Trump took all their assets and turned them into cash and introduced it into our economy. The value of our dollar would be worth less since there is a massive introduction of that same currency that normally isn't there.

Now, let's take IGE, EBay etc. They are Bill Gates and Donal Trump. Now, all the gil that was in their vaults are being released into each server unsuspectingly thus creating the massive inflation you see. Yes you can say 'but the gil was always there', it always was. The difference is it was stored and built up, not constanly flowing in our economy. SE's lack of preventing RMT created a giant bubble that just bursted in every server. If that gil was always flowing through the server, prices wouldn't be as bad.

The 'farming' techniques we used to do no longer apply because those items haven't risen in price unless they are used in a high end craft. As many of you probably (I would hope) have noticed, it's all gear that can be used for almost the remainder of your char's job until God/Cursed etc that have risen in price.

Prices will eventually go down, once everyones holiday money is spent. All the gear people wanted will have been bought and thus the demand for it will decrease and thus the price will have to go down over time.

If SE would take some time to do something about RMT and those involved in it, it would help alot. However, it would need to be a major banning of accounts. Last time it was about 500 accounts... not much if you look at how many servers there are and how many people play on those servers.

One thing that would help is for SE to do an entire server-wide reset of the AH prices, or for someone to reset AH prices back to a PREINFLATION cost, starting with the crafting materials first. SE needs to swallow their pride and admit that they are making mistakes, mainly with economy and endgame materials.

Btw... Ramuh is bad, but we are not even close to participating with those prices lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezso
    One thing that would help is for SE to do an entire server-wide reset of the AH prices, or for someone to reset AH prices back to a PREINFLATION cost, starting with the crafting materials first.
    I really like this idea. If I had all that gear I would post it and price it at 1 gil and flood the entry's myself with 1 gil buy history, but AH BOTS scare the shit out of me

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Endo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezso
    One thing that would help is for SE to do an entire server-wide reset of the AH prices, or for someone to reset AH prices back to a PREINFLATION cost, starting with the crafting materials first.
    I really like this idea. If I had all that gear I would post it and price it at 1 gil and flood the entry's myself with 1 gil buy history, but AH BOTS scare the shit out of me
    Square-Enix? Do something to fix prices? that's funny

You can't erase people's memories. They'll still expect 20m for harness, etc.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    You can't erase people's memories. They'll still expect 20m for harness, etc.
    http://www.plasmainfusion.com/neutral.gif

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Endo
    I learned that there are/were no AH bots on Astral Rings on Sunday. I levelled my NPC in Misareaux Coast, and ended up with 4-5 Gigas' Socks. The Socks were selling low, I put them each up at 2k at Tavnazian Safehold. A couple of hours later, I was muling gear and I noticed I didn't have my Astral Ring. I checked all my options, it wasn't there, but I did notice I had a Gigas' Sock still. I checked my AH sales status (in Sandy), and sure enough, there were 4 Gigags' Socks and an Astral Ring, all sold for 2k.

I had someone in my LS bid 2k on an Astral Ring and send it back to me.

But the Astral Ring was on AH for 2 hours at 2k. An AH bot would presumably have caught that.

EDIT: The handful of /tells I got were fairly interesting afterwards. "Are you quitting?" being the most common, also a "Ha, ha, you got burned by undercutting" by someone else. I guess I deserved them for being stupid (and lucky), but they were amusing nonetheless.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

The biggest problem is Squares pride. If they fix this they admit there's a genuine problem with RMT that they have constantly failed to sort out in the past. They admit that the player driven economy they're so proud of is deeply flawed. We've seen many times in the past that they only like their own ideas and won't conform to another's even if it is better (just see the recent MPK "fix" for proof of that) so I just can't seem them stepping in and sorting this rather obvious problem.

I can think of a really good analogy for this but so few people would get it... If anyone follows Wrestling in-depth (not the sort who thinks John Cena is the best wrestler ever) and understands why WWE is in decline just compare SE to Stephanie McMahon and Dave Lagana.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: I disagree...

lawl
    I just bought a Sha'ir manteel for 39mil on my server as a gift for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    I can think of a really good analogy for this but so few people would get it... If anyone follows Wrestling in-depth (not the sort who thinks John Cena is the best wrestler ever) and understands why WWE is in decline just compare SE to Stephanie McMahon and Dave Lagana.
    WWE is on the decline because it's cheaper/easier to get your homo-erotic images off the internet.