Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Jailor of Prudence Glitch?

Hello! This is my first time posting on your forums tho i have visited them from time to time. Kupo LS of Pandemonium was fighting Jailor of Prudence tonight when some shit hit the perverbial fan.

We took one and kited him off and proceeded to begin killing the other. At about 60% he suddenly depops and we are left to kill only one. We thought he might have just run away but didnt show on widescan. After a while, people we -ga-ing nearby mobs for one reason or another and the chat log kept showing that the depoped jailer was taking damage. This invisable mob then proceeded to kill ppl that stood on top of him and what have you. It looked like a glitch to me so i called this dipshit of a GM who proceeded to completely blow me off. Here are the SS of the convo, forgive the overlapping text.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5005/img00170we.png

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/112/prudence23rk.png

This was after our first kill where one of them popped with no name and untargetable until the other half had taken some % of damage. The GM himself even admits that he cannot see Prudence on his own scan, and kept reccomending that i visit some fucking forums via POL and make a formal complaint.

We did manage to kill it finally, even tho his HP% remained the same at 41%. I dont know if you guys have experienced anything like this but thought it was kinda dumb if this really is a glitch.

Peace.

totally gave new meaning to the concept of blm only NM's - not even TARGETABLE or damageable by non-ga -_-

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

SE FTW

prudence is bugged as hell
    square's gm's are outsourced and dont know jack shit
    most people who have run into problems with jop just find some ghetto way to kill it (like ga'ing a mob next to where it should be)
    the only problem we experienced in our 1 kill was almost wiping 8) it teleported around a lot but never really disappeared

Smarter than the average prudence...

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...es365/wtf1.jpg

After about 15 mins of random thundagas we resulted in....

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...es365/wtf2.jpg

Got sixth virtue and rod leaving us all going what the fuck... NICE!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Enfilade is in my LS, last time I posted about prudence glitches others commented on having similar problems. Last time I did not call a GM because the 2nd prudence did become targettable after they began warping. I filed a bug report though in the POL viewer.

This time I thought it best if one of us call a GM to come see what was going on. Apparently, he feels we were trying to gain information on how to kill it (since he repeatedly suggests looking at forums). As you can see he didn't help at all.

The reason we Ga'ed it was because we had read about another group that this happened to... we did the same and it worked. People dropping dead suddenly was quite interesting especially since nothing shows in the log. I wonder if left there, if it'd ever despawn since it can't seem to move to return to the ??? spot... (which would mean no one could ever pop him again).

Sea Torques
    BG Level

prudence fight is a glitch fest, i think SE intended to make Jailer of Prudence untargetable until the 2nd one died but i dont think they planned on fucking up the game mechanics in the process. i havent fought this bitch yet but my LS doesnt have more than 20 with sea access and we never have more than 12-15 when we're raiding anyways.

in my opinion, Prudence means shy, reluctant or w/e, which could account for his infamous disappearing act, maybe this is how it's supposed to work but SE screwed it up somewhere and made it untargetable the entire time? just a theory

Demosthenes11

The GM said he cant do anything about it if its a bug...what do you expect him to do?

GMs, even senior GMs, dont have magic wands to fix things.
    They wanted you to file a bug report so that the team that codes the game or whatnot can hear the problem and try to fix it

My LS pretty commonly kills it in that fashion (linking it to other dolphins and -ga-ing them). Can't help but think it's not supposed to be that way, but AoE WS sure do make the melees appreciative that they actually choose what WS to do on other HNMs.

I love how the GMs are too stuck up to admit problems with their fucking game. Therefor, they will never get fixed.

GG SE

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

if its not up how the FUCK are we damaging it
    lollerskates!

I've always figured that this unusual behavior was intentional. Sea is full of monsters which are very unique, and NMs which require unusual strategies to kill (not just sea too, but many of the NMs added in the past few patches are very unique).

After all, you have monsters that change damage weakenesses depending on what state they are in, NMs that have almost complete invulerability to magic and/or physical attacks, etc. ... it doesn't seem unreasonable that they would create something that is only damagable by -ga spells.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes
    I've always figured that this unusual behavior was intentional. Sea is full of monsters which are very unique, and NMs which require unusual strategies to kill (not just sea too, but many of the NMs added in the past few patches are very unique).

After all, you have monsters that change damage weakenesses depending on what state they are in, NMs that have almost complete invulerability to magic and/or physical attacks, etc. ... it doesn't seem unreasonable that they would create something that is only damagable by -ga spells.
    The monster's attacks don't show up in the log, people just die when they walk near it. Obviously something is wrong. Also considering other groups that have killed him did not have to use Ga spells makes it also appear completely unintential. It's not part of any "strat".

There have been similar cases happening with other mobs like untargettable Phuabos, Invisible aerns (name appears - no model), and invisible aggro'ing RR'ed Aerns. They are all bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    The GM said he cant do anything about it if its a bug...what do you expect him to do?

They wanted you to file a bug report so that the team that codes the game or whatnot can hear the problem and try to fix it
    Based on other incidents (for example Vrtra at Spook.. they did maintenance on the zone), I would think GMs are capable of informing the someone higher up of bugs that are reported especially if witnessed by the GM first hand. He wasn't willing to come see what was going on and he says the mob isn't even there on his scan. Is that not a problem that should be looked into? I'm not expecting magic, but to at least make them aware of what's happening.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

The GM doesn't know shit about sea; most GMs have characters in their 60s at their highest and can't reasonably be expected to know about endgame stuff unless they sit there and watch other players do it.

Garbage in; garbage out. The GM probably took 'Jailor' seriously and searched for that instead of the Jailer.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykes

The monster's attacks don't show up in the log, people just die when they walk near it. Obviously something is wrong. Also considering other groups that have killed him did not have to use Ga spells makes it also appear completely unintential. It's not part of any "strat".

There have been similar cases happening with other mobs like untargettable Phuabos, Invisible aerns (name appears - no model), and invisible aggro'ing RR'ed Aerns. They are all bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11

Based on other incidents (for example Vrtra at Spook.. they did maintenance on the zone), I would think GMs are capable of informing the someone higher up of bugs that are reported especially if witnessed by the GM first hand. He wasn't willing to come see what was going on and he says the mob isn't even there on his scan. Is that not a problem that should be looked into? I'm not expecting magic, but to at least make them aware of what's happening.
    That's because they killed Vrtra, and could see a problem. I'm sure they get billions of calls a day about someone reporting a glitch that turns out not being one. For all we know, he has contactedhe bug department and they are working on it, then again, he might not have. It's rather hard to bash when we have no idea what action/steps were taken.

^^

funny thats same comment the GM gace us for Steam Cleaner " no its not broken, check other ls websites for clues ^^" then one magic update 4 months later it magicly fixed

GM and SE dont realy talk back an forth so your best bet is filing reports on pol.com or just dont pop it

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Scratchbiskutz
    GM and SE dont realy talk back an forth so your best bet is filing reports on pol.com or just dont pop it
    Sure they do. I called a GM about a bug I had and when he asked if I had any other questions I said why hasn't my computer I won at Igames been delevered. Next day I get a call from the SE rep about it saying he was waiting on the CoP decal to be delivered and when I told him I didn't care about the decal he said it'd be delivered next week.

That was a month ago. I still don't have the computer.

Yea got sidetracked a little but point was SE and GMs do talk. SE just doesn't care.

Banned.

BG Level

Steam Cleaner "
    OMG, I remember that lol... When was that? Seems like such a long time ago.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I had a run in with GM lumiounis to. Lumi is a total tool.

Is there any proof that square gm's are outsourced? My belief was that all the NA GM's are located in a 'GM Pit'. It would be amusing if they were located in say India and providing support (which is contradictory as they dont provide any useful support generally speaking) for NA players. 8)