What about if things were like this.
    Each player have in their account the
    following ex.rares undeletable when you created your character:
    Kirin Osode
    Peacock Charm
    Kraken Club
    Vermillion Cloak
    Thief Knife
    and more super items (you know the list well like me)
    And that's for every players, even if you're a level 1 and can't use it yet.
    Wouldn't you feel motivated to level up to actually use those items.
    -Would that eleminate gil problems?
    -Would that eliminate jealousy?
    -And eliminate more stuffs I'm not thinking about at the moment?
    Some of you might say "It would kill the game" but think again before saying that. Is the goal of the game is just to get all the best items? I'm looking foward for wise answers

Demosthenes11

Communism sucks

It would kill the game

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rui Seiken
    FFXIV Server
    Jenova
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

no

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

If everyone had them, they wouldn't be status symbols anymore. People would just turn to whatever you left off the list... o.kote, astral rings, whatever. Six months later somebody would recreate this thread to ask what things would be like if everyone started with astrals too.

i dont have or need any of those items.

I love to know what others have to say about something. You know sometimes you ask yourself questions but it's more simple to post it on a board and see what others have to say

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by rahskala
    If everyone had them, they wouldn't be status symbols anymore. People would just turn to whatever you left off the list... o.kote, astral rings, whatever. Six months later somebody would recreate this thread to ask what things would be like if everyone started with astrals too.
    lol, I would use the items, I don't understand the 'status symbol' thing... To me very few things symbolize true epeen and they are along the lines of HQ uncursed body, etc... Sorry but literally ANYTHING without a Ra/Ex tag has become unimpressive thanks to ige.com

I just listed few lol, not the complete list.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chilicheese
    i dont have or need any of those items.
    am goin with McRidill on this one

plus am HUGE Rare/Ext collector :D Boreas Cesti anyone?
    now if i can get me a Shamans & Ying Yang Robe i'd be in the mix!
    oh and hobo Zoolander Hat

Sea Torques
    BG Level

makes the game no fun.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'd quit FFXI because I'd have an ugly ass cloak I couldn't sell or drop. The new cloak art is undisputedly the biggest problem with FFXI currently.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora
    The new cloak art is undisputedly the biggest problem with FFXI currently.
    This man speaks the truth

clearly the bugs in the fish ranking system is the biggest problem in ffxi. you're all mistaken!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

ahahah beat you to it...

i created the near~EXACT same subject on the windower forum...

except it was called "what if?"

and i said what if we could play off line....and get whatever item we wanted...

or look however we wanted...have the stats of a galka and look like a taru..

anyone could be a 75mnk or 75whm or see how a bst plays and if they want to invest the time into playing it without looking stupid

you could try whatever you wanted before actuallying doing it and seeing if its worth doing to you

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cletis
    Playing a MMO without the MO, that sounds like fun, not.

Anyways, almost everything to do in FFXI and every other big mmo is centered around getting loot to improve your character. If you take away the best thing worth doing by giving players all that stuff when they make their account what is there to do when you hit 75? Hurray for reaching the exact same plateau as everybody else so that I can use the items everybody else already has, let's force everyone to use the same race and character model too!

Let's also give everybody a free relic 5 weapon and full af2 set for their job when they enter Dynamis for the first time.

You might be onto something here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vecan
    almost everything to do in FFXI and every other big mmo is centered around getting loot to improve your character. If you take away the best thing worth doing by giving players all that stuff when they make their account what is there to do when you hit 75?
    Interessing answer.
    Yes indeed it is centered in pimping out your character.
    Why do we do sky? Is it just for the challenge or to get our godly gear and abjurations and more. [Notice the gods look like mobs we see around XD Manticore, Perython, Tiger, Adamantoise, etc.]
    Why do we do dynamis? Mostly for our AF2, relics, currencies, attestations and more.

There's many things to do that is related to get an equip.

But what about the players that already have what they wanted like me?

Also in the items I listed, many of them are things some players will never touch. Would it be fair to give everyone the chance to enjoy them

That's what I meant when I said: is the goal of ffxi just go get all the best items

The best solution is to make all equipment or weapon drops rare/ex and 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Vecan
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletis
    Playing a MMO without the MO, that sounds like fun, not.

Anyways, almost everything to do in FFXI and every other big mmo is centered around getting loot to improve your character. If you take away the best thing worth doing by giving players all that stuff when they make their account what is there to do when you hit 75? Hurray for reaching the exact same plateau as everybody else so that I can use the items everybody else already has, let's force everyone to use the same race and character model too!

Let's also give everybody a free relic 5 weapon and full af2 set for their job when they enter Dynamis for the first time.

You might be onto something here.

i personally like playing FFXI. and i would love to have the oppurtunity to play it offline. Since right now i am in iraq and cant play it at all. i dont think you should be able to get everything. matter of fact i think if playing offline that no NM should ever pop until you log back in. you can still craft and get armor. the cheap stuff only though through regular mob drops and NPC or shit you already have. and you can still do quests.

personally i would have BST 75 right now if i could play offline. course there would be those that hack their characters if this was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigemo
    There's many things to do that is related to get an equip.

But what about the players that already have what they wanted like me?
    Then I assume you stay because of your friends. When people no longer have any goals in-game, or their friends start quitting, they usually quit too.

That's what I meant when I said: is the goal of ffxi just go get all the best items
    It doesn't have to be, but it can be.