Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gold 87-92     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Gold 87-92

Finally got to the point where beads no longer give skill unfortunately and am looking for ideas/tips to get to the low to mid 90s. Looks like around this level muscle belt is by far the cheapest synth to make. Is this item any good to skill on? Gold ingots have more than doubled in price in the past week and NPC'ing these is going to be pretty painful, however everything else looks like its 2x gold ingot or platinum. For anyone 90+ goldsmithing, what did you do before you started on the level 72 or 74 rings? Is skilling off orichalcum ingots any good?

all the 90+ goldsmithers I now did muscle belts but you can always try a few other things if gold has gotten to rediculous

I did muscle belts till 92 while making orich. ingots when i could(hq'd 3 lol)
    I did ruby rings and rest of hq3 gems i had saved up on till 95(hq'd triumph, nimble)
    I then did cursed schaller till 97 since i had stack upon stacks of gold ingots saved from farming temple of uggpugge to hell
    Stuck at 97.2, damn orich ingots hit 3m.. ores 1m+...geuss i will only synth one or two rings at a time instead of bunches of them

since i had stack upon stacks of gold ingots saved from farming temple of uggpugge to hell
    what did you farm

gold beastcoin, thief's knife(s)

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by angelkitty
    since i had stack upon stacks of gold ingots saved from farming temple of uggpugge to hell
    what did you farm
    If you had to ask that question you're a newb.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

welcome to hell \(^_^)/

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Quote Originally Posted by shihei

what did you farm

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

At 96 now. I did muscle belts also, gave pretty good skill, and desynth normally came back as a gold ingot.

After that, gemed rings all the way.

When did you guys start with muscle belts? Dont have fools gold yet(110k gp) but at 87+2+support should put me at 92, or the cap of belts. Anyone care to guess at how many stacks of gold it will take? 70-80 took me right at 38 stacks, but a much larger gap between my skill and the cap. Now, every single level 72 ring is a pretty good loss, whats ruby rings on other servers? They only sell for the price of a platinum ingot on Garuda(180k).
    thanks for all the help

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    what did you farm
    Or looking for free post +1!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Your fine to make muscle belts. Gemed rings are a hefty loss, i got impatient and synthed my own rings 93-95, costing about 12m a level. I had 42 plat rings, and 36 rubys and 12 emeralds saved up and that got me 93.

I desynthed all the rings, instad of selling, quite happy i did so, as the rings i made from desynths ended up being 1 HQ'd

Though, you may be a bit more patient then me, spinel/diamond rings are about break even on my server, profit if you cut your own rocks.

Good luck.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

If you really wanted to, you could spend a day farming ruby quadavs.

They drop rubys pretty often.

That would cut down the cost of the gemmed rings stage.

I did Muscle Belts to 92, and not a tenth less! It is the cheapest synth regardless of inflation. They will give you a .1 every 3rd or 4th synth, which about the average. I would also take Odon's advice and start farming Ruby Quadavs and stock piling them up for 92.1-95. After that, its Cursed Gear and Ruby Rings with Platinum Rings +1 till about 97-98. Then Falme/Snow Rings woooot! Given the price of things nowadays, your skill ups will come to a grinding halt, unless you had the foresight to sell your gear and buy a ton of material before. ^_^

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Do orich ingots till 89 (save them you going to regret if you sell them)
    89-91 I did Some cursed crowns/belts
    91-93 Orich rings (save them)
    92ish-95 level 72 rings
    95-100 elemntal rings w/ a few koenig shields in there to help out till 97.(plus doing elemntal rings u get to use some of the rings u saved).

Least that was my route I started elemntal rings at 95 only broke a few till 100 not bad at all of course i used all 3 guild items and adv synthethis.

kripple didyou use adv support all theway to 100 or stop using it 98 99 ?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I wouldn't sue it at 99.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I used adv synthesis all the way to 100 (unlike earlier levels when close to cap w/ less expensive items) and got skillups np. Sorry for the late reply.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kripple
    I used adv synthesis all the way to 100 (unlike earlier levels when close to cap w/ less expensive items) and got skillups np. Sorry for the late reply.
    Same, I used Adv. Support to 100 also. Sorry for the ancient ass bump. ;_;

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

How was your success rate at 95 on the lvl 74 rings? I plan on doing lightday synths with support + guild item.