Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clothcraft 72+     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Clothcraft 72+

What's the best road to take at this lvl. I've been reading Spider Webs and the Rainbow Road weee are best, but with current prices and my amazing farming luck I will be 80 in 2 years . Any pointers or tips, or alternate routes?

(I guess I could catch the tail of IGE's X-mas sale j/k)

Thx in advance.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Making webs -> thread -> cloth is by far the best synth to do. Get your money from lower cloth synths and take your time unless you have another source of income.

Don't farm spider webs, you're already 70CC there are better ways to spend your time.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Best to find a buddy or someone else, usually a bst, that can be your "client" and make a deal that you buy all the spider webs they have and can get. Then it saves them time by just trading webs to you instead of paying to put up in AH and wait. (not really a long time spider webs sell fast) And that way you don't really need to camp AH for webs.

A clothcrafter can never have too many webs, and will always need them even if you aren't skilling.

Right now on Bahamut, well last time I looked webs were going for 40k a piece and a stack of rainbow thread was going for 1.2mil so there is definatly profit when you make your threads. :D

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It's not much profit though. 2 web + crystals = 1 thread. So; 24 web = 12 thread. 24 web sold (@40k) = 960k. 12 thread sold = 1.2m. Its a 240k diffrence, but if you dont farm your own crystals itll be about ~6k less.

Granted, yes, there is profit, but I guess theres just effort involved, and dont forget, theres a chance your synth can fail.

Just goes to show how easy synths cant gain you shit. When someone capable of killing spiders can get the same amount as someone whos put effort into getting CC to 72.

I guess if you wanted to, instead of farming, you could camp the AH, or buy from someone as stated above.. but thats just kinda, meh.

What else is there to profit from with 70CC? and yeah, thats a question.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The only problem is that, most likely, the price of webs is going to go down, and with that, the price of threads and cloth will also go down, making an investment now will not be a wise decision, because the payoff will decrease, but the amount of money you put in would still be huge...

I was kinda happen when that phase of CC ended, but now im at the dirty Arhat's level, and i just hate spending money :X I hate RMT crafters that increase the price of something 188% that i was secretly (lol) using to skillup

My only suggestion is (sorry Raineer) to farm you webs and level your npc at the same time :D

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    It's not much profit though. 2 web + crystals = 1 thread. So; 24 web = 12 thread. 24 web sold (@40k) = 960k. 12 thread sold = 1.2m. Its a 240k diffrence, but if you dont farm your own crystals itll be about ~6k less.
    240k profit from 12 synths is pretty good profit imo, especially from skilling.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I agree it is <.<

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Katalya
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    any profit from 12 synths is pretty good profit imo, especially from skilling.
    fixed

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What if you fail a lot ?

Little Mother
    BG Level

The thing is, if you fail two synths, there goes your profit, and its likely to happen if you're skilling.

Although break even skilling up is damn fine with me.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBreeze
    Although break even skilling up is damn fine with me.
    Same, could care less.. as long as I get a .1 atleast.

just be happy you have are at a stage where you have the potental to break even let alone make profit, most skill up items are at a HUGE loss. Hell almost all crafting is a huge loss for NQ, but break the bank on HQ (which basically makes you break even if you are lucky) lol

IMO no NQ synth should cost less than the cost of materials, and that would make the HQs price not have to be 804983409384039mil gil just to make up for the huge losses on NQ.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eromenos-Ifrit
    just be happy you have are at a stage where you have the potental to break even let alone make profit, most skill up items are at a HUGE loss. Hell almost all crafting is a huge loss for NQ, but break the bank on HQ (which basically makes you break even if you are lucky) lol
    So so true, I'm glad whenever I can craft break even (Cooking is damn near break even till 100 if you're smart about it.) or I have a slight loss, I cringe everytime I lose like 20-100k per synth, it hurts ; ;

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So so true, I'm glad whenever I can craft break even (Cooking is damn near break even till 100 if you're smart about it.) or I have a slight loss, I cringe everytime I lose like 20-100k per synth, it hurts ; ;
    Cooking is a profit to 97 if you are smart about it. Cooking sucks from 97.1-100.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

IMO no NQ synth should cost less than the cost of materials, and that would make the HQs price not have to be 804983409384039mil gil just to make up for the huge losses on NQ.
    Ok well here's the blunt answer... If you can't find a way to make it to the end of the rainbow cloth stage then quit now (and yes you can fund this at 70CC) you just can't make the money appear overnight.

Eromenos is right, this is probably the easiest section of cloth from 53-100 so I would enjoy it while you can.

There's alot of money involved in this stage but you're not losing much of it. If you've gotten this far I would recommend you revisit a list of cloth recipes and try to find something that will continue to push you further (hint, you don't have to HQ to profit.) Yes, you can farm the webs if you like but what are you going to do once you pass Rainbow? Are you going to farm to 100?

I duo farm spiders now with a TH3 friend and the drops still aren't even worth my time, I could have made better money doing synths that were available at 60.

Velvet cloth. Fuck farming.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Cooking is a profit to 97 if you are smart about it. Cooking sucks from 97.1-100.
    True Sept, I was giving the benefit of the doubt though with the current inflation

Sea Torques
    BG Level

SilverBreeze, your BST signature is nice

For my Taru's Clothcraft, I farmed spider webs on my mithran THF, not much though, since I have been busy, but probably around 90 or so, was able to make 3 stacks, as I remember it, i didn't farm for too long, only a few hours for 20-30 each time I went

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Velvet cloth. Fuck farming.
    I was trying to make you work but Aurik gave you the best answer, now go look for others.

I remember the days when I had trouble selling my stacks of rainbow cloths. Man that was ages ago.

Another alternative is to make some high level clothcraft friends, those that prefer not to buy the already made thread/cloth from the AH but make it themselves to maximize their profits. I am such a person, and all the rainbow threads I've saved up I let a friend used to skill up with provided that he replace any breaks. It saved me time to convert them into cloths, and it gave him an opportunity to skill up for practically free. Or you could offer to make rainbow threads for free for those web farmers looking to profit from selling the threads instead of just the webs.