Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: buying AF2 with gil     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

How do you get screwed by a system that is based on random drops and equal probable chance of winning a lot?

Pr(Getting an AF2 item in any dynamis) = Pr(AF2 dropping) * Pr(You haveing the highest lot)

So the Pr(Getting AF2) = Product(from 0, to number of dynsmis done) : Pr(Getting an AF2 item in any dynamis)

So to get a greater Pr(Getting AF2) you need to increase the number of dynamis you do, or decrease the number of people that lot against you. High end crafters are just pissed because it isn't a function of their wallet, unless they bribe people to pass.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Navia
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    Making money off lazy people, meh.
    Or they are just rich crafters with nothing better to do with their gil that are tired of getting screwed hard by the random lotting system after like 100 dynamis runs+dynamis lord kill ._.

If I ever make a cursed cuirass-1 or feel like amassing 100+ mil i'd sure as hell trade it for a koga chainmail drop or attestation+fragment at this point im so bitter about my lotting luck
    I offered cashmere cloths to JP linkshells on Siren for Wyrmal Abj:Head on several occasions, these are LS's like your FI that kill KB with 9 people and everyone has multiple sets of koenig and crimson... No one would take me up on it and i thought it was a fair deal.

When you're a crafter gil just doesn't mean as much, it's a means to acquire items as much as camping for 3 hours everyday...staying up till 6am to keep track of ToD's when it's not in your time, etc. It's hard to judge people based on what they pay for stuff.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    High end crafters are just pissed because it isn't a function of their wallet, unless they bribe people to pass.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    High end crafters are just pissed because it isn't a function of their wallet, unless they bribe people to pass.
    Crafters have a different value system in the game than non-crafters. Time is money to us, so likewise money is time. We feel justified spending gil to buy more time (not being required to camp something all the f'in time and feel SOOO pressured to make every single goddamn dynamis).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Crafters have a different value system in the game than non-crafters. Time is money to us, so likewise money is time. We feel justified spending gil to buy more time (not being required to camp something all the f'in time and feel SOOO pressured to make every single goddamn dynamis).
    Well, if time is money try spending time to try to get items instead of money. I may not be rich, but I do have one hell of an assortment of Rare/EX gear.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Well, if time is money try spending time to try to get items instead of money. I may not be rich, but I do have one hell of an assortment of Rare/EX gear.
    Luckily crafting means you can do both :D

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

How do you get screwed by a system that is based on random drops and equal probable chance of winning a lot?

Pr(Getting an AF2 item in any dynamis) = Pr(AF2 dropping) * Pr(You haveing the highest lot)

So the Pr(Getting AF2) = Product(from 0, to number of dynsmis done) : Pr(Getting an AF2 item in any dynamis)

So to get a greater Pr(Getting AF2) you need to increase the number of dynamis you do, or decrease the number of people that lot against you. High end crafters are just pissed because it isn't a function of their wallet, unless they bribe people to pass.

I'm screwed because SE can't program a proper random number generator in my opinion

Yeah getting af2 isn't a function of my gil balance and I have tried to bribe someone to pass on *any* koga piece but im still af2-less.
    If more dynamis shells would reward attendance i'd not be in this position of bitterness but dynamis shell options aren't that open and it hurts the recruitment process if you tell newcomers they dont get shit for 4+ runs.
    So instead we get 'New person joins shell, wins af2 then leaves or switches to lotting something else for another one of their 75 jobs'.
    My favorite is when noone else is lotting nin af2 but none drops lol.

I'm not a great ninja but it makes me ill when a friend in another shell told me some shitty nin (in his opinion) that just hit 75 won a chainmail on their 1st beaucadine run -_-

I pretty much only log in just to do dynamis nowadays so I think that makes it more frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    BG selling DRK AF2, even our mannequins are maxed out...
    Could you pay people to take drk af2?

There are dynamis shells that don't have any kind of priority, are completely free lot, and let anyone attend. Does anyone really feel that it's fair that in this type of shell you could attend 50+ runs, and some random noob comes to one run, outlots you, then never comes again? Personally I would never join a free lot dynamis shell for this very reason.

This logical reasoning is the exact equal reasoning people with lots of real currency use to justify RMT. Are they wrong to believe that? Depends who you ask. My real point is that you can pretty it up however you want, but no matter what you do some pepole just won't like you for doing it.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrah
    This logical reasoning is the exact equal reasoning people with lots of real currency use to justify RMT. Are they wrong to believe that? Depends who you ask. My real point is that you can pretty it up however you want, but no matter what you do some pepole just won't like you for doing it.
    lol, no one likes me anyway, why work any harder? :D

Old Merits
    BG Level

The good things about free lot dynamis are that they are unbiased on a single run, single item basis. So the probability of a person getting item i on a run, is the same as everyone else. In such a system seniority implies that you have had a greater probability of getting an item.

When people have multiple jobs, or ghost lot (aka claim one job when there is no person lotting the other item, but they really want that item too.) then things get messed up. People jumping in and out of dynamis runs also change the probability per run.

Generally I prefer to do dynamis with friends and where drops are mutually decided. Unfortunately there are a lot of greedy as hell and imature LS leaders out there, so a fair lot system might be better for larger ls's or around greedier people.

Note:
    Actually I did make an error in a prior statement though.

Pr(Getting AF2) = 1 - Product(i:from 0 to number of dynamis runs) r(Not getting AF2 per run i)

This statement actually converges to 1 for a large enough number of dynamis runs.

New Merits
    BG Level

I like your clothcraft, make me a boxer?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I <3 Raineer!!

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Im not really happy seeing people sell AF2, it's a common drop from common mobs. I dont mind when people sell attestations/fragments, since they're harder to get, and everyone wins. But then again I wouldnt like RMT'ers to get fragments.. BUT THEN AGAIN WHY DO PPL GET KIKOKUS AND QUIT

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I promise not to quit when I get my Kikokou, I play an mmo for at least 5 years ;x
    My Anarchy Online account I got at release in '99? is still active even

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

On the topic of Dynamis, I have been the victim of a system where everyone can lot on said equip when it drops, people that just came in last week, ive been here 6 mos, no difference. But now that my shell has a points system, since then I've finally been able to acquire what I've "earned" and I would never go back to a non-points system for Dynamis. Of course for certain jobs, a new member wont see his piece for awhile vs all the others, rdm and blm for example; but that new person if put in the shoes of the veteran would want and appreciate the same thing: the chance to have his time put in be worth him getting lot priority over someone who has just showed up to their first raid.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

we use a points system for AF2, I figure if a person amassed enough points to get the item then it's theirs rightly.

does make me sniffle when I'm behind T_T

<.<

At least I jave a Ihanito I can't afford to upgrade ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    BUT THEN AGAIN WHY DO PPL GET KIKOKUS AND QUIT
    They feel they can't have a better weapon after relic final stage lol
    SE should work on making something better than relic on the next expantion