Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KS30 Seasons Greetings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

KS30 Seasons Greetings

hi i was just wondering if anyone has attempted this KS30 and if so any tips or strats i can use for it i heard its quite hard

thnx =D

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

The first thing I will say about this BC is not to do it. It's one of those BC's that is so hard that no matter how perfect your set up is it will never become a garunteed victory simply because of it's sheer difficulty.

Our set up was NIN, RNG, RDM, BLM, BLM, BLM with the general strat of working the tree down to 50% then having the BLM's finish it off. Stun and ES orders are importent, especially for the Ninja. It's vital that whatever melee you take into the BC has Ninja sub because the trees attack like Ryudo in my Grandia 2 file (ie: really fucking hard) and it's vital in absorbing some of the AoE's (like Pinecone Bomb). The tree's are MNK, NIN, DRK, WHM in that order. You can pick whichever you want to start with first but that is the season order and that is what they will come in. If you take MNK first, WHM will be last, you take WHM first, MNK will be last etc. They work like the Promyvion-Vahzl BC in that the next one will start coming as soon as the last one did it's two hour. This is where the Ninja comes into play as he/she needs to hold it as it comes in while the Black Mages finish off the current one that should be around 50%.

- If the MNK is allowed to get a hit on anyone, you have lost.
    - If the NIN is allowed to do Mijin Gakure at a reasonably high level, you have lost. Fortunately the NIN is very easy to stop doing his two hour because of the nature of NIN enemies. This prevents the DRK from coming and buys you a little time to regroup.
    - The DRK is horrible. His TP move does a lot of damage and takes multiple shadows and seeing as these don't debuff it's very easy to take damage. The problem with that is the DRK has "Additional Effect: TP Drain" (each job has it's own additional effect, WHM is Dispel, one has Stun, one has Paralysis I believe) so he hits you, drains your TP and instantly does his stupid TP move which innevitably hits and kills you.
    - The WHM has high, high Magic Defense which is where the Black Mage tactic falls down a little. Me and our Ranger just made Fragmentations for MB damage.

If you're doing this for Divine Logs be warned that they aren't a garunteed drop. I, however, do have sex with my Morgenstern on a nightly basis.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Ummm, I've beat this one before, we had a normal set up of 3 nin's, 1 rdm, 1 blm, 1 brd...

There's 4 trees:

Gilagoge Tlugvi - WHM

Goga Tlugvi - MNK

Ulagohvsdi Tlugvi - NIN

Gola Tlugvi - DRK

Basically, all 4 tree just stand there and don't aggro til you attack one. Then it comes at you and the other 3 just sit there(kinda like the promyvia-vazhl bc). When you get the one you're fighting to half life, it 2hour's, and the next one wakes up.

The order is: DRK -> WHM -> MNK -> NIN ->

Meanining, if you start with the WHM, when it's at half life it will benedict, then the MNK will wake up and start attacking you, then the NIN, then the DRK.

As I recall, as you kill them they get insanely harder too, hitting for much more and resisting everything.

Anyways, we pulled the DRK first away from the BC into the hallway, and killed it normally, then the WHM, then the MNK, sleeping its hundred fists. Here we had problems because even with three ninja's and a BRD, they couldn't keep control of the MNK. Also they have some kind of really sick AoE that kept owning us. After raising, kiting, sleeping etc. we eventually won, and got a log drop.

I'm sure there's easier and better ways to win this(Like a bunch of BLM's), but we didn't have much information to go by when we did it...

Edit: whoops, took too long to post...

I totally disagree with russta. This BC is very easy. NIN NIN RDM RDM BLM BLM.

NINs go in, voke the mnk. run to beginning of bc. proceed to tank and share hate. on two hour, you can do one of two things. 1) proceed to run it up and down with nin on either side, or 2) bind and sleep. when the next tree wakes up, bind or sleep it. once mnk is dead, nins go after next tree, should be nin. pound that one, 2 hour damage will be very minimal. proceed to bind/sleep next tree, should be drk. drk tree is a joke. kill that tree. do same to whm tree as the other 3. Each time we did the BC, we kept beating our own record.

very easy battle. went 5/6 on wins. lost one due to nin going down early. was a miscommunication. went 4/5 divine logs.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I did, it's pretty fun but shit drops.

When fighting the nin tree, don't weapon skill or it will blow up and do crazy dmg. Just keep attacking it and when he's almost dead he will do shitty mijin gakure.

we left the whm for last.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I found this to be rather easy with the typical 2-NIN setup. I found the key to winning is the knowledge that the trees can indeed be slept. (Just don't rely on this for the WHM tree..)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

this is a PM i sent to someone recently.

4 seasons is pretty easy with a good party...

solid nin tank, ridill war or mnk, blm, rdm, brd, whm.

gone about 11/12 on this bc -

when a tree 2hours, the next tree will come - nice to know this.

pull the MNK first - disnegage and sleep during 2hour. finish him off quick, get NIN next. around 60% have nin solo hold him, lots of barfira and keep him healed a lot- when he mijin's, if the ninja dies then just hold the adds, etc. If its a good ninja and high hp, etc. - should be ok.

once u finish the mnk / nin, everthing else is easy.. take the last 2 however u want.

fun bc, kinda dangerous - we have wiped and reraised a few times there, but at least 8times 0 death and only 1 actual loss with people from my ls.

excuse my spelling / grammar / format - i'm fucking tired.

posted this on the thread but was overlooked i think - thought i'd give u one since u asked. lol.

btw - drops are pretty good, 11 divine logs = 11 wins.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

lmao eazy bc, manaburn/kite ftw..
    PLD RDM BRD BLM BLM BLM

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

when russta says it's hard, and a bunch of people i don't know say it's easy...

i bet it's hard ; ;

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by grunion

i bet it's hard ; ;
    In general, the FFXI community thinks something is impossible until its beaten, at which time its incredibly easy.

Excuse me for asking but...

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BUMP THIS THREAD?!?!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Excuse me for asking but...

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BUMP THIS THREAD?!?!
    There was a similar thread recently too.. maybe they got confused somehow on searching? o_O

Because he posted one about it and everyone told him to search for the one already posted. Way to be a douchebag Geno.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

there's a better way to do it. When you create a new thread for the topic, provide a link back to the original thread and continue the disscussion in the new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    Because he posted one about it and everyone told him to search for the one already posted. Way to be a douchebag Geno.
    If he had posted some information on the BC, I wouldn't have said anything.

Instead, he posted some random, shitty comment that didn't contribute to the discussion of the thread, and should therefore get his post and the rest of the posts in this thread deleted and tossed into the endless depths.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin

i bet it's hard ; ;
    In general, the FFXI community thinks something is impossible until its beaten, at which time its incredibly easy.
    go back to allakhazam, dumbass

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin

i bet it's hard ; ;
    go back to allakhazam, dumbass
    haha that's like the one post he's made that I am in total agreement with