Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Thread: Why don't...     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,006
    BG Level
    6

    Why don't...

    ...people use their heads when upgrading relic weapons? Seriously.

    If you're in a 'strong' LS like BG, it's pretty obvious that at some point you're gonna have earnt enough dynamis currency to get an upgraded relic.

    If you spend all the money on 1 person, you're taking a gamble, because if that person never comes online, or quits the game, you've basically wasted the weapon.

    If I was the leader of the LS, I would start a completely seperate mule account and level Bard up to 75 on it (come on, not gonna be too much effort) and give the gjallarhorn to that account. The account would be accessible by the leading members of the linkshell (so maybe 3-5 people) which means that the character would be available at every single event. If one of the people quit, the account would still be active and usable by all the other people.

    Why does nobody do this? I mean, I know it's quite a bit of work to level a 75 on a completely separate account, but the benefit of having a character who has the gjallarhorn and is guaranteed to be at every event is worth the effort.

  2. #2
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,161
    BG Level
    9

    Because as far as LS benefit goes, gjallarhorn only helps 5 people with MP at a time, maximum. :D

    It's not a horrible idea, but you'll have to convince upwards of 50 other people, including every bard in your ls, to let this happen.

    It might be easier (and somewhat faster) just to agree that whichever BRD gets it agrees to give/sell his account to the LS should he quit. There's precedent of this with people who get ridill/e.bd

  3. #3

    Maybe because the entire purpose of a relic weapon is to increase personal e-penis size...? Why would you give it to a mule?

    Personally I would leave a linkshell if they were more concerned about killing things a bit easier then making somebody very happy.

  4. #4
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,022
    BG Level
    9

    Personally I would leave a linkshell if they were more concerned about killing things a bit easier then making somebody very happy.
    That PLD or BRD wouldn't be very happy? ;o

  5. #5
    Xavier
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    Personally I would leave a linkshell if they were more concerned about killing things a bit easier then making somebody very happy.
    Now theres a team player.

  6. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Personally I would leave a linkshell if they were more concerned about killing things a bit easier then making somebody very happy.
    That PLD or BRD wouldn't be very happy? ;o
    You mean the "town bicycle" character?

  7. #7
    Xavier
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Personally I would leave a linkshell if they were more concerned about killing things a bit easier then making somebody very happy.
    That PLD or BRD wouldn't be very happy? ;o
    You mean the "town bicycle" character?
    Think you're missing the point that unless the person is paying for it themselves, nobody in the entire game "deserves" a 400-500 mil weapon. You ask for too much.

    The shared character is a much more effective way to go about it.

  8. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Personally I would leave a linkshell if they were more concerned about killing things a bit easier then making somebody very happy.
    That PLD or BRD wouldn't be very happy? ;o
    You mean the "town bicycle" character?
    Think you're missing the point that unless the person is paying for it themselves, nobody in the entire game "deserves" a 400-500 mil weapon. You ask for too much.

    The shared character is a much more effective way to go about it.
    That's very true I guess. I dunno though, when a LS gives somebody relic odds are the leaders all have acess to that account anyway. I'm sure all the bg officer thingers have acess to bikkwin.

  9. #9
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,768
    BG Level
    6

    IDK Lyoniel seems pretty annoyed in the agies shield thread that bikkwin quit. when he says basically

    "regardless of who we gave it to they'd be playing WoW now"

  10. #10
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,581
    BG Level
    8

    Our LS has basically narrowed our currency intake down to either: An Aegis Shield or a Gjhallahorn or w/e, as far as my knowledge goes. And if it was Aegis it'd probably go to the leader of our LS who is Jordainavon. And if 'twere a Gjallahorn or w/e it'd probably go to our late member Rokub, who can't play as much as he used to, so now his account is used by all of our sackholders. So it's funny that'd you mention something like giving it to a "mule" type character for all the Sackholders to use, which is what we're probably going to end up doing.

    The only drawback that I can forsee is, like someone mentioned, that bard only goes to 5 other people... maybe switch the bard between parties lol?

  11. #11
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,768
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    The only drawback that I can forsee is, like someone mentioned, that bard only goes to 5 other people... maybe switch the bard between parties lol?
    actually the JP ls that killed JoL did this, they had a bard with the horn, sing > disband > sing > disband etc..

  12. #12
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,917
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

    Edit:Got beat to it.

  13. #13

    sounds good up until one of the people given access to the shared characters changes the password

  14. #14
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    339
    BG Level
    4

    yay So you have a relic horn on a shitty 75 mule who can't land songs ^^/

  15. #15
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,259
    BG Level
    7

    Relic is a waste in it's entirety and if any LS spends 400-500mil on currency instead of pimping out their -entire- member list with auction house items then they are very stupid. lol @ BG.

  16. #16

    Sounds like it would work good until someone got greedy and changed the password on the account with the horn.

  17. #17
    Renegade Philosopher
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,514
    BG Level
    7

    Well at this point it'd be smart just to upgrade AF2 since one AF2 upgrade is, oh, 1/1000th as expensive as one complete relic upgrade. Yeah, most of them may be shitty, but some of them are pimp as fuck (hello Avatar Crit+4% on SMN Body) and at least your limiting factor isn't currency so you could upgrade basically your entire LS for less than it takes to upgrade one relic. And coincidentally, I bet the combined useful upgrades from an entire LS would end up as worthwhile as one person having relic if not more.

  18. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    Well at this point it'd be smart just to upgrade AF2 since one AF2 upgrade is, oh, 1/1000th as expensive as one complete relic upgrade. Yeah, most of them may be shitty, but some of them are pimp as fuck (hello Avatar Crit+4% on SMN Body) and at least your limiting factor isn't currency so you could upgrade basically your entire LS for less than it takes to upgrade one relic. And coincidentally, I bet the combined useful upgrades from an entire LS would end up as worthwhile as one person having relic if not more.
    just curious does anyone now if the AF2+1 for whm or sam is worth it or can provide a list of what the stats are

  19. #19

    Quote Originally Posted by angelkitty
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    Well at this point it'd be smart just to upgrade AF2 since one AF2 upgrade is, oh, 1/1000th as expensive as one complete relic upgrade. Yeah, most of them may be shitty, but some of them are pimp as fuck (hello Avatar Crit+4% on SMN Body) and at least your limiting factor isn't currency so you could upgrade basically your entire LS for less than it takes to upgrade one relic. And coincidentally, I bet the combined useful upgrades from an entire LS would end up as worthwhile as one person having relic if not more.
    just curious does anyone now if the AF2+1 for whm or sam is worth it or can provide a list of what the stats are
    You're such a fucking noob to ask for easily available information like this on a forum.

    Go back to Allakhazam. I'm tired of being nice to you and ignoring your stupidity; tired of refraining from posting in threads that you post in. I'll just be an asshole, like Nynja.

  20. #20
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    199
    BG Level
    3

    yay :D

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Why don't you have a Bahamut 3 (?) and Prime Avatars thread?
    By Tom Chambers in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 2006-02-19, 02:51
  2. Why don't you have a Brenner topic yet?
    By Tom Chambers in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 2006-02-12, 11:24
  3. Why don't you...
    By Orfeo in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 2005-12-25, 02:34