+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The next mmo?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

The next mmo?

What mmo is everyone looking foward too? I'm looking for a new one, I'd start WoW but I don't feel like starting a year behind again like a did in FFXI. I'd like to get in on the ground floor next time. So what game are you looking foward to post-FFXI & WoW. Vanguard Saga of Heros looks like it could be fun. And it looks very nice as well. Plus they have a great FAQ outlining what the game may be like as well as their design philosophy, all of which looks promising. So what mmo's are you looking forward to?

Vanguard pics:

Really dig the grass here

What valk could have looked like at night if it were not for the ps2

What rolanberry should have been

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

My friend is in the Beta for Vanguard, but then they delayed the beta because someone kept leaking pics of it out. I do admit though, it does look really sweet.

Light and Dark looks cool too.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

i wish ff had gfx like that....

would be fucking awesome.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm interested, Starting from the ground floor is something that is really interesting. I almost talked myself into that 360 beta set going on the other board cause of that. regardless I just don't like wows art enough in fact I hate the way it looks. I've been wondering this lately what game will be the next big one.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I know a couple of my buddies are quiting FFXI when the LofR/MiddleEarth MMORPG comes out.

Offical Site

http://lotro.turbine.com/

Iunno, sometimes you gotta be carefull starting a brand new MMO.

I remember a long time ago, i couldnt wait for the release of Horizons, but after 2 years of delaying, i gave up and bought FFXI when it was released.
    A year after playing FFXI, i tried the Horizins free trial. And boy it sucked, what they promissed was alot compared to what it offered, not to mention it was crippled with tons of *major* bugs.

Iunno, i guess ever since im hesitant of switching to another MMO on the release date. (And is why im glued to FFXI for time beeing)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Drinhkinn
    i tried the Horizins free trial. And boy it sucked, what they promissed was alot compared to what it offered, not to mention it was crippled with tons of *major* bugs.
    ever tried Galaxies?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Yea, the graphics are nice, but in games with graphics like that....it seems as if those type of games are somewhat "slow paced."

When it comes down to WoW vs FFXI, I think the gamespeed of WoW (battling, spell casting, leveling, doing ANYTHING etc) is much faster than FFXI. FFXI is just fast enough to keep me interested, I guess. Just like I can't play any FPSs like Halo or Diablo or anything because they are just too slow paced. CS onry, maybe quake4 or PK?

The game looks appealing, but would it be like any of today's "big MMOs" or just another fluked slow ass (BUT PRETTY) looking game?

I'd like to hear someone who is actually in the beta comment on the gameplay.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I think beta people are still under NDA. Although I've read good things from a few people. From what I gather from the FAQ it's going to be similar to todays mmo's, more item drivin then sandbox. If it matters I think the original guys behind EQ who left verant are making this.

LoTR Online looks cool I did not know it was in development, is middle earth online still being developed? Would be fun to visit the places in the book.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

D & D online.

killerc4

Beta tested RFonline for awhile being released in the US soon was fun but only got to lvl 20 =( so don't know too much about endgame and such..

what i did like tho was every piece of weaponry/ armor you got actually looked good, no reused / mismatched pieces of armor the higher lvl the sexier

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...3-15-44-15.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...3-34-41-53.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...3-14-56-51.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...0-42-15-43.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...1-40-25-62.jpg

also there's 3 diff races for some supposedly huge PVP wars, and mechs you can ride and so on

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/ ... light=mech <-- screenshot thread

LazyShell
    BG Level

woot you got a pic of me in there... that game woulda been a lot more fun if i knew what the hell was going on

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

If you can carry a sword that big, why don't you just pick up a house and drop it on enemies?

They need to make a Backstreet Boys MMO.

I would play Lance Bass because his name is Lance.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbelina

Pop Star mmo..

where u can sleep with producers, directors, and record execs for exp.

end game is based on converting whoreish followers and keeping them entertained.

lots of sex.

I know a few people from FFXI that would be good at that game :D

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Sidd
    Quote Originally Posted by Chumbelina

Pop Star mmo..

where u can sleep with producers, directors, and record execs for exp.

end game is based on converting whoreish followers and keeping them entertained.

lots of sex.
    Would that be the kind of game where dumping, botting, hacking and RMT'ing would be accepted and encouraged?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I'm going back to PSU as soon as it's released, fuck MMO's.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    I'm going back to PSU as soon as it's released, fuck MMO's.
    Yay for PSU See you there.