BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My NPC is gimp     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My NPC is gimp

He never wants to improve his armor. At first, my friend and I levelled them only in beastman controlled regions for a long time, everywhere from Fei'Yin to Upper Delkfutt's Tower, to Newton Movalpolos, etc. and got nowhere. They just kept wearing level 1 RSE, lizard, doublets, scale, etc. For a while, mine made it up to RSE2, but then dropped back down to level 1 RSE again.

Then we tried levelling in areas that were currently beastman-dominated, regardless of the region owner for that week. The only area that really worked for us during that week was Garlaige (which was owned by San d'Oria but was beastman-dominated), so we just levelled there. My friend's NPC made some progress on the San d'Orian line of armor. Maybe Garlaige is just special or something.

This week, we go to Ro'maeve because Li'Telor is San d'Orian controlled, since my friend wanted to try to get Adaman since Scorp Harness wasn't working out. Her NPC shows up in Eisenbrust, which seemed like a good sign. But next time she called out her NPC it was in level 1 gear again. Garlaige was Sandy controlled last week when we levelled there, and is beastman controlled this week. Li'Telor is Sandy controlled this week, and we went there last night after the tally.

The worst part is, my friend's NPC *had* Adaman armor once but didn't lock it in. She's not sure how she got it, but all she did with it was call it out to kill the birds in Misareaux Coast (Sandy controlled for a few weeks) until we decided to start levelling our NPCs together. When we went to Movalpolos (also Sandy controlled at the time) to level our NPCs, he showed up in Adaman armor, but went back to level 1 on the next call.

Anyone know how we can beat some fashion sense into our NPCs?

Black Belt
    BG Level

mine has Adaman Cuirass locked. had Adaman boots for about 2 weeks too than all of a sudden decided to switch to Leaping Boots.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

When leveling NPC the nation that controls the region and the nation that has dominance are both factors in upgrades. I have noticed that early in the week the nation that controls the area determines armor progression, but as the week goes on the nation that has dominance tends to determine the armor progression. But then there are times when the armor progression just makes no sense whatsoever. I have heard many accounts of time when armor will go up to level 4, then suddenly drop back down to level 1 of the same nation. There is just a huge random or unknown factor at work with NPCs. (Nation of the people you are partying with, signet, amount of XP received, so on and so forth.)

On Bahamut, the Beastmen always have control of Movopolis and the three nations very infrequently even dent dominance, so it is an awesome place to level for Beastmen armor. The safest places to progress are generally the starter regions since the nations have control and dominance except for fluke incidents. Windurst has Toraimarai Canal; San d'Oria has King Ranperre's Tomb, both of which are nice since they have mobs that are high enough that you can XP your NPCs off for a many levels.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The thing is, we tried xping in areas with beastman dominance and it didn't even give us anything on the beastman armor list. At first, we only paid attention to the region controller. Then we started paying attention to who had dominance, and other factors. Even taking note of that didn't help us, as our NPCs either reverted back to lower level armor or progressed up a different armor line than expected.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    The thing is, we tried xping in areas with beastman dominance and it didn't even give us anything on the beastman armor list. At first, we only paid attention to the region controller. Then we started paying attention to who had dominance, and other factors. Even taking note of that didn't help us, as our NPCs either reverted back to lower level armor or progressed up a different armor line than expected.
    It is not a just who is in control or dominating, but I think how much is a factor also. If Sandy is barely ahead of Bastok in a region, I think that leads to a lot of confusion in gear making stuff change back and forth and not progress very much. That is why the starter regions (and Movopolis on most servers) are very good places, because they normally have overwhelming dominance that helps weed out random factors.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Do they need to get xp in an area, or once I hit level cap can I just parade him around Ronfaure with all my charges every week to get him Adaman?

Also, if they are progressing up the line of armor, but say the following week, there's no good zones for armor progression, can you lock in their current armor, xp in random zones for the week, then unlock them next week to continue their progression from where you left off?

Septislut Sexy Brigade
    BG Level

My NPC is gay........

he worries bout chocobo smells staying with you after u dismount, having too many vases in his mog house.....and is looking forward to seeing how our relationship will blossom........

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

ya, mine will always be there to help me, even if an enemy seems too weak.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

About starter areas, I leveled mine in bostaneaux oblieutte (sp?) one time after leveling in crawlers nest and making it up to level 6 san d'oria armor (some lizard-looking stuff, beak armor? idk) and she went back to scale mail. I was pissed. I'm working on getting her a SH now, so I can twin it up with my NPC.

i got my lv60 NPC to wear adaman by killing stuff with him in qufim, and qufim ONLY(sandy controlled). that's what the problem probably is - you're taking your NPC to different areas each time you call them. try calling NPC in only one area, and stick to that place till you get the armour you want

it should work, as that's what i did with mine

Quote Originally Posted by marius
    My NPC is gay........

he worries bout chocobo smells staying with you after u dismount, having too many vases in his mog house.....and is looking forward to seeing how our relationship will blossom........

Xavier

I still haven't gotten an NPC. I have 2 characters, I 2box. Do I really need an NPC anyway?

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

The man of steel does not need an NPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Helpoemer
    i got my lv60 NPC to wear adaman by killing stuff with him in qufim, and qufim ONLY(sandy controlled). that's what the problem probably is - you're taking your NPC to different areas each time you call them. try calling NPC in only one area, and stick to that place till you get the armour you want

it should work, as that's what i did with mine
    No it doesn't. I just leveled my NPC with a THF camping Sozu.

San d'Oria controling the region, and Bastok being dominant. I called her 5 time in a row (so around 4h of leveling NPC non-stop) and she reached some level 40+ metallic armors on the third call.

Then I called her back, San d'Oria became the dominant in this region at this moment, and my NPC respawnd with her RSE level 1...

I have no idea how the gear system works for NPC, because even when you level your NPC for 4h in the SAME zone (I didn't zone once) your NPC still change her gears.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Boyahda, San d'Oria controlled, San d'Oria currently dominant.

First call, wears Scale after.
    Next call, Doublet.
    Next call, Lizard.
    Next call, Chainmail.

This was all done the same night with San d'Oria as the influence.

I have now totally given up on getting my NPC armor. After he's 65 I'll take him out in WRon or somewhere and level a newb job with him for 2 weeks, and hope that works.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Been levelling in Bostineaux Oubliette for a while now, and got up to Hara-Ate. My friend got reset to level 1 RSE for no particular reason.

I figured I'd just lock hara-ate set, since my NPC is using a GK, and call it good.

btw, I read that the level 10 beastmen pants are.... white panties!

Who here is aiming to get white panties (vir subligar) for their NPC?

My NPC had Femina Subligars for like two weeks... She wouldn't change it, even when her body changed like 5 times.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Been levelling in Bostineaux Oubliette for a while now, and got up to Hara-Ate. My friend got reset to level 1 RSE for no particular reason.

I figured I'd just lock hara-ate set, since my NPC is using a GK, and call it good.

btw, I read that the level 10 beastmen pants are.... white panties!

Who here is aiming to get white panties (vir subligar) for their NPC?
    Zoldof has a Zodiac subligar again. I think I like Zodiac more than Vir Subligar, the legs look too plain without the garters.

I should probabaly unlock a NPC soon.