Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ungur Hell     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ungur Hell

Good evening all,
    since my level 70 ninja really wants that +8EVA Throwing Item,
    I started hassling Ungur. One problem though, he seems to have a really weird popping behaviour; even more, he just doesn't feel like popping at all.
    I have found a topic about Ungur on theorderls-forums,which suggested that Ungur is a lotterly pop of ALL wyverns in Gustav tunnel, but I find that hard to believe, others claim only the ones inside Ungurs pop room and the one wyvern @G-7 are placeholders.

Further I am not sure anymore about his spawntime, somepage.com tells me it's 21-24 hour, but then again there are other people who say it's much less.

And in conclusion I found at http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/vie...ighlight=ungur
    i think unger only pops in his one little room, but there is always one wyvern pop spot that is not popped, therefor you must kill the other wyverns for a possible pop in that spot. so if the unger room has no wyvern, you must kill the rest of the wyverns in gustav for a possible wyvern or unger pop in that spot.
    I got to a point where no wyverns were popping anymore in the Ungurspawnroom. Although no wyverns repop here, is it still possible for Ungur pop here or does the not spawning of the regular wyverns block the possibility for Ungur to pop?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nice sig

I want to be a dispel queen! ; ;

Quote Originally Posted by Parshath
    You're already a queen, just level RDM. kidding

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

E-9 and G/H-6. When a PH didn't pop in ungur room, it popped in the GH6 room. Just kept running back and forth killing till it popped.

thank you so much, just as I suspected*

and what is spawntime? 21-24 hours?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by verohawke
    thank you so much, just as I suspected*

and what is spawntime? 21-24 hours?
    Yeah usually when people (RMT) are going to Gustav, thats a good time to head out to Ungur.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Note: the unclaimed --> depop (mpk system change) is really bugged when trying to pop the wyvrens... You must actually kill the place holders. If you train / depop the first PH, it will not respawn until you kill the other one. Then you gotta go back and kill the first one again.

Good luck trying to pop him

I had a fun time getting my item... I duo'ed it with rdm and blm. But a group of three (thf, whm, nin) stole it. Fortunatly, they wiped, and I got it back.

actually, the 2nd place holder isnt in f7, its in g6/h6. one misconception about when its going to pop is when people say "if there are 2 wyverns in the e9 room, it will be one of the next to pop. that is not necessarily true. when i had gotten my boomerang, killed the wyvern in e9 and it didnt pop for over 30 mins and still didnt pop until we went to G6/H6 and killed the 2 that were now in that room(originally only one is over there) once we killed the one PH over there, ungur popped in E9

some mages tend to aggro the bones behind the ungur room. I suggest you clear those out before you engage them.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I've fought him a few times when he was already up. But for my own boomerang my gf (WHM) and I just killed every wyvern on that side using some very sneaky pulling. He popped after like an hour and a half and we killed as NIN BRD BLM WHM rather easily in the hall. If you have a RNG or SMN, pulling it to Bune spawn is a good idea.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

From my short tests out there getting a few boomerangs for people, there are 3 spawn areas for 2 PH's. The two listed above are two places it can spawn, then a 3rd is in G-6. Two wyverns will be up in those 3 pos's, eventually Ungur will pop in E-9.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You're the Queen of England. You must choose which you would rather rule.

Personally I'd go with Dispel. I think I'd get more use out of it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Totien
    You're the Queen of England. You must choose which you would rather rule.

Personally I'd go with Dispel. I think I'd get more use out of it.
    -_-

OK I tried "the Avesta Bind - Poison/bio method", not the Avesta melee mode, because I still lack too much /recast and good refresh armor 5 (I have NO AF2, no Dalmatica,...)

I got him down to 40 percent, but then got into serious trouble.
    I noticed I was fighting him during windsday and iceday;
    my bind never got resisted, but from the start it never seemed to stick for a long time (and with this I mean, without casting Bio or a nuke on him)

I thought windsday would give me longer Paralyze and Bind sticks
    and did Iceday mean lesser duration time in paraspells?
    Solod a few PH like this, seemed like they were really stonger on Windsday.

What day would you fight it?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

He's not 21-24, hes a lottery pop. Not sure exact conditions, but something like 8 hour lottery.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

It's a very, very short lottery (2 hourish) just like Amikiri is. There is one placeholder only, just like Amikiri has; although both of them seem like they have two.

Ungur's real placeholder pops in the east side of G-6/H-6 room and in the back of the Ungur room. After you kill one it will pop 16 minutes later in one of those two spots, and can pop as Ungur in his room only. The wyvern in Amikiri's room has nothing to do with him at all, it will always pop there. The decoy wyvern is the mysterious second one that can pop in Ungur's room, but that one works on the same pattern as Ungur's PH. It either pops in the west side of G-6/H-6 room or in the front corner of Ungur's room, but it isn't a placeholder and won't ever pop as Ungur.

Amikiri's placeholder (and Amikiri himself) pops in the eastern half of his room, and the other Antares pops in the western half of his room. If you just get there you have to kill both because they can wander and get mixed up, but if you really camp him a lot you will quickly notice the areas that the two scorpions pop in are different.

Usually when I hunt Amikiri I will alternate either his PH and Ungur's if someone I know wants boomerang or I used to alternate Amikiri & Baobhan's PH before the anti-MPK update. As it is now, trying to kill the Erlik is near impossible because pulling it invariably leads to it giving up and disappearing.

Ungur is a decent challenge solo for Rdm/Nin, pulling is really the hardest part.