BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me out! -.-     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Help me out! -.-

I wonder how long it's gonna take for this topic to be de-railed and some drama thread. Anyways, my problem:

Ive played on PS2 up till now, got a new laptop for christmas and i can finally play FFXI on it. Borrowed my friends discs, installed and it works fine. Tried installing the expansion and it installs fine, but when I go to register it I go to Expanded services -> register ID. Then when i try to register it it says I already registered it ;; What do I do? I know he's installed it and the expansion on other computers. Anyone know anything I can do? I called squeenix and (surprisingly) the guy i talked with said he didn't know how to fix it. (lololol)

Any help would be appreciated, thx ^^

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

...because its already registered?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You tried registering your friend's registration numbers.. on your own account.. and you're wondering why it says already registered.

.. wow.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The square guy said I should be able to go to the expansoin areas already =/ but I cant. And he said register them but then he said he didn't know why it wouldn't let me register on the new comp >.>

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Enitsu
    You tried registering your friend's registration numbers.. on your own account.. and you're wondering why it says already registered.

.. wow.
    no, it wont even bring me to a screen that lets me use registration numbers

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

it's...registered...if you already have it for the PS2, you should be able to play it on PC regardless...all you need to do is install it...but if you are using HIS registration code, then I don't know what to say other than....(Lololol)? >_>

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm talking about the god damn expansion >< I can play just fine, but I cant access zilart areas, but I DO have the expansion installed

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

so is everyone else....

installing an expansion means shit unless it's registered. you have to register each expansion as well. not only the game itself. I take it you didn't have the expansions registered for your ps2. You can't use your friends registration codes to register. and unless you had the expansions registered on the ps2, you'll have to do that/buy your own pair of expansions.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek
    I take it you didn't have the expansions registered for your ps2. You can't use your friends registration codes to register. and unless you had the expansions registered on the ps2, you'll have to do that/buy your own pair of expansions.
    I have both expansions registered for my ps2 and I can access them just fine

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by ertyu
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelek
    I take it you didn't have the expansions registered for your ps2. You can't use your friends registration codes to register. and unless you had the expansions registered on the ps2, you'll have to do that/buy your own pair of expansions.
    I have both expansions registered for my ps2 and I can access them just fine
    If you had both expansions registered to your account when you were playing on your PS2, why would you try to register more numbers just to play on PC? If you already had your own game, own expansions that yuo bought.. and registered. You can access them on any computer(or ps2) that has the files. I think you're forgetting to mention something.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

LOL I called playonline, later they sent me a message, it said something like

We are unsure of what is causing this, we will investigate further and give you feedback of our investigation as soon as we find out the cause of the problem, sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation

I'm pretty sure you have to purchase the expansion and register your own copy of it (aka not a friend's) on each platform you wish to play.

Just a few weeks ago I installed base game on a secondary PC, copied all the expansion dat files, and had no problem getting to expansion zones.

Did you remember to actually *install* RoZ?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

dude, you don't have to enter all that serial stuff, just enter you PoL Info and you should be set to go.

The Serial numbers and cd keys are attached to your PoL ID...

Just try to enter your info and you should be fine

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

yeah that 4th disc, got it all installed. You know how when you are at the FFXI menu where you select, delete, create char? If you have the expansions it says which ones you have, well it DOES say RotZ but still cant get to the areas ;;

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Did you activate the content ID for expansions? XD