+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hosting Sound Files     submit to reddit submit to twitter

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Hosting Sound Files

Does anyone know a free site that I can use to host music on that allows me to use it in a java applet such as:

<BODY>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

<!-- Begin
    if (navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer") {
    document.write('<embed src=song.mp3 autostart=true hidden=false volume=100 width=100 height=60 loop=true>');
    }
    if (navigator.appName == "Netscape") {
    document.write('<embed src="song.mp3" loop=true width=100 height=60>');
    }
    // End -->
    </script>

oh ya, and would that script work for what I'm doing? If not can anyone suggest fixes to edit it to be correct?

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Re: Hosting Sound Files

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    Does anyone know a free site that I can use to host music

chances are any free host has a policy against hosting illegal music files and chances are that any host you have to pay for has a policy against it as well, and if they don't, the fbi sure does, unless it's not copyrighted, then forget it

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    chances are any free host has a policy against hosting illegal music files and chances are that any host you have to pay for has a policy against it as well, and if they don't, the fbi sure does, unless it's not copyrighted, then forget it
    its not, how do i do it

blax n gunz
    BG Level

you can ghetto host sound files like that on ytmnd.com if you're really desperate.

But as far as I know nobody goes into the business of hosting user-uploaded mp3s for free anymore. You have to pay for it.