Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FFXI-speak is invading my RL

It's becoming harder and harder to hide my inner geek. For months I have told my GF that I "rarely" play anymore and that the reason I can't see her as often is that I took up some extra classes. :wink: Unfortunately she totally caught me when I said "True Strike" instead of "true that" in response to something she said.

I also said "impossible to guage", "for the win" and "woottaru" in the same week to my buddies. I need to see the sun more often.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

k?

Xavier

Re: FFXI-speak is invading my RL

Quote Originally Posted by dietvanillapepsi
    "for the win"
    I say that a lot too, but as long as you say like "for the fking win", nobody really notices.

Septislut Sexy Brigade
    BG Level

Re: FFXI-speak is invading my RL

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    "for the win"
    I say that a lot too, but as long as you say like "for the fking win", nobody really notices.
    u should publish a book with all your quotes...could be a best seller

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Someone who plays at my work accidentally said 'what lvl is he' when asking about the age of a co-workers baby. He didn't even notice he said it.

you have bigger problems, like the fact that you're lying to your girlfriend about why you can't see her more so you can play a game...

I lied.. a girl was the main reason I quit FFXI, then I got screwed over. so dude, take advantage of having a girlfriend. It's more fun than videogames in my opinion :D

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    k?
    This thread now has its pointless smartass remark. And a post count bump to boot! Now that's a maximazation of a minimuzation of words. GG.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Aldur
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    k?
    This thread now has its pointless smartass remark. And a post count bump to boot! Now that's a maximazation of a minimuzation of words. GG.
    Post count +1

Awesome! We've got our pointless smartass remark post, now all this thread is missing is an idiot who posts some dumb story noone cares about. Oh wait a minute...

t's becoming harder and harder to hide my inner geek. For months I have told my GF that I "rarely" play anymore and that the reason I can't see her as often is that I took up some extra classes. Wink Unfortunately she totally caught me when I said "True Strike" instead of "true that" in response to something she said. Embarassed

I also said "impossible to guage", "for the win" and "woottaru" in the same week to my buddies. I need to see the sun more often. Confused
    I forgot we already have that

lol

post count +1

Quote Originally Posted by macbain24
    Awesome! We've got our pointless smartass remark post, now all this thread is missing is an idiot who posts some dumb story noone cares about. Oh wait a minute...
    Hmmm, someome musta deleted my post where I said I give a fuck what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    you have bigger problems, like the fact that you're lying to your girlfriend about why you can't see her more so you can play a game...
    I'm not worried about that. I already devote a lot of time to her. I sometimes go the whole weekend with no FFXI cuz I'm spending time with her. But she still gets jealous of it. Believe me, it's much easier to tell her that I "dropped the other woman" than tell her the truth.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Believe me, it's much easier to tell her that I "dropped the other woman" than tell her the truth.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

El oh el.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

When i hear something funny now, instead of snickering to myself, i smile and think "lol" lol

i say 'for the win' all the time

'gimp' and 'nub' are part of my normal language

'too weak' >_>

'rofl' is getting close to 'lol' in my head, but 'lol' always wins

Its ok, i could never descend into full geekdom, all the geekiness is suppressed by the gay glass cieling :3

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

i say lol sometimes, and I defiantley call people noobs.

I told my parents they're noobs when they pissed me off one day and didnt understand jackshit (like how to put a cabinet together. Note : Never let old fart immigrants near power tools or "Self assembly" stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

I told my parents they're noobs when they pissed me off one day and didnt understand jackshit (like how to put a cabinet together. Note : Never let old fart immigrants near power tools or "Self assembly" stuff).
    You should've used the power drill on their faces.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

You should've used the power drill on their faces.
    If I do that, I get their life insurance money.

Hmmm

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I've come close to say Lol in real life... but not yet, I have some friends who do though, which scares me (they say other things too..)

I'm a pretty big nerd so I use all the in game terms IRL. All my friends play MMOs too so they know what I'm talking about when one of them does something stupid as hell and I tell them to drop their current build and go stack some INT gear.