The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I hope everything he loves dies in his arms.

i think it was all a conspiracy by the US government to find reasoning and eventual back from the world to attack middle eastern countries

Quote Originally Posted by thompkinsthebrian
    i think it was all a conspiracy by the US government to find reasoning and eventual back from the world to attack middle eastern countries
    They could have found reasoning/backing without this. Do you not remember the billions of weapons of mass destruction we found, me either

Quote Originally Posted by Endo
    They could have found reasoning/backing without this. Do you not remember the billions of weapons of mass destruction we found, me either

its just one of the reasons to move in that was used. If you arent sucking US cawk you are the "axis of evil" as it has been said

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

e

Please, PLEASE sit there and say that the US causes every problem in the Middle East. It's all our fault, everything that happens in that region is directly the US's fault. I mean, we made Iran's new leader say that he wants to wipe Israel off the face of the map, and that the Holucaust is a myth. The US is the root cause for the milenia of violence, because a thousand years ago the Arabs forsaw a superpower from a land faraway and immediately started fighting about it.

Just shut the fuck up, seriously.

no we arent the source of all problems we are the source of our own problems.

and that gif is pretty funny

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I know... I know.... I know it's wrong but damnit, It has to be done.

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/2800/ige7by.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    Please, PLEASE sit there and say that the US causes every problem in the Middle East. It's all our fault, everything that happens in that region is directly the US's fault. I mean, we made Iran's new leader say that he wants to wipe Israel off the face of the map, and that the Holucaust is a myth. The US is the root cause for the milenia of violence, because a thousand years ago the Arabs forsaw a superpower from a land faraway and immediately started fighting about it.

This is a VERY good point also if the U.S. were to move out of Iraq what do you think would happen? I think that all of the militants would take power and do exactly what Saddam Hussein wanted, but that is just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrels
    Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro

This is a VERY good point also if the U.S. were to move out of Iraq what do you think would happen? I think that all of the militants would take power and do exactly what Saddam Hussein wanted, but that is just me.

and what exactly did saddam want?

Look, an Iraq War debate. Well, here's some things to think about;

- How would Americans react if another country completely occupied our country with their military to save us from our government's tyrany?

- What has happened in the past when people living under dictorial rule are suddenly broken free from it for whatever reason?

- How can we spread democracy in another country if we, ourselves, are not a democratic country?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaede
    Look, an Iraq War debate. Well, here's some things to think about;

- How would Americans react if another country completely occupied our country with their military to save us from our government's tyrany?

- What has happened in the past when people living under dictorial rule are suddenly broken free from it for whatever reason?

- How can we spread democracy in another country if we, ourselves, are not a democratic country?
    How dare you be logical on the intarweb!

- we would react exactly the same i sure would hope unless our country is filled with cowards

- Depends

-what do you mean, we are a democracy "Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives."

last time i checked we elected our representatives, some may say that our current president may have won by shady means. but no matter how you look at it half the country who voted, voted for him.

then to say he did wrong by going to war, what would you have done if you were in that position knowing what he said he knew at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Axil
    How dare you be logical on the intarweb!
    Shit! I forgot! (Quick, Shaede, think up a way to save face.)

Look at this!

-what do you mean, we are a democracy "Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives."
    We're technically a republic, which is a democratic system (in my opinion, though, it's not very democratic anymore). But of the countries that use a democratic system, we certainly use it the least. In the end, there are many more countries more democratic then we are, including Canada, Australia, and even Japan. To say that we even know how to spread democracy is a little bit of a lie, since though our system is democratic in nature, it's not really how it works anymore. I suppose not calling it a democracy was a bit of an opinion on my behalf. You are right on a technical stance.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shaede
    Of course Americans would revolt against whatever country this is if America is still in it's current state. If America was under the control of a dictator and we as the people of America did not have a voice in our government then I believe most Americans would be happy to be freed. Just as most Iraqi's are happy to be free from Hussein. You can build up all the conspiracy you want about how every Iraqi on TV is being coached or how all the elections are rigged, but you don't have proof. Talk to people from the service about the Iraqi people, they aren't all walking around with AK-47's shooting at our soldiers.

I don't know, whatever happened to Japan and Germany?

Huh? Is this some inane conspiracy bullshit or are you just confused on the definition of democracy?

Just remember when discussing this sort of thing, Hitler was elected in a free democractic election ^o^/

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

America is a democratic republic. That's all he's saying. It's some bullshit people like to play.

Anyway. Iraq was the right war for the wrong reasons. Hussien was a tyrant, he did defy UN resolutions and not just the ones leading up to the war, he had pursued biological, chemical, and nuclear weapons in the past, he did support terrorists in Palestine (if you blew yourself up, it was well documented that he would give about $25,000 USD to your family), he constantly and consistantly shot at aircraft patroling the No Fly Zone, and he was a major destablizing force in the region.

However, the blatant lies and scaremongering laid down by the US government about WMD, the cost of the war, the length of the war, the real objectives of the war, and the amount of troops needed are utterly inexcusable. Recently they took a step in the right direction when the president himself said that the intelligence about WMD was wrong and he takes responsibility. It's not enough, obviously. We're losing too many over there, but we're too deeply commited. Pulling out now would spell the destruction of their new government in a week's time and the onset of anarchy. And anyone who has a bit of logic in their head knows that anarchy never lasts. Eventually the people with the guns get into power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast