BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Furnishing Dilemma     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Furnishing Dilemma

I don't know what would be better for goldsmithing (currently 31.0 going to 100). Should I load up on Tarutaru Stools for the lighting/desynth enhancements for alot of synths I can desynth and skill up off of (and reuse materials), or should I load up on fire and save on the expensive breaks down the road?

I am thinking fire, but I am not 100% sure.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Doesn't matter at 31

Go with Fire enhancement if you are all too worried about it. It's not neccesary to worry about mogenhancement at such a low level. Earth and Fire would both be very effective. Desynth is still very random, but I have no problems desynthing without any support.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

I asked a friend who is somewhere over 90 with goldsmithing. He said unless you can put in 51 taru stools you won't even notice any difference with dysynth. Recomended earth > fire also.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Rin
    I asked a friend who is somewhere over 90 with goldsmithing. He said unless you can put in 51 taru stools you won't even notice any difference with dysynth. Recomended earth > fire also.
    Yeah I know about the 51 Taru stools, which after some swapping around into stroage is not that big of a deal. I should talk to my friend who is 96+ and have him desynth my rings and hairpins and then just load up on earth.

Why earth though? Is for the high level earrings and rings, to save on expensive breaks?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Heian
    Yeah I know about the 51 Taru stools, which after some swapping around into stroage is not that big of a deal. I should talk to my friend who is 96+ and have him desynth my rings and hairpins and then just load up on earth.

Why earth though? Is for the high level earrings and rings, to save on expensive breaks?
    Yes goldsmithing revolves around earth and fire and a few wind synths here and there. But in the long run earth synths will be more important to save materials from when they break because the majority of skillup synths are earth. I also recommend switching between fire and earth depending on what you attempt to make at higher levels. At 70+ anything you make will hurt when you critical fail. Also whenever you start the bead synths, 80~87 is usually when they start/stop. You should put wind stuff in to save breaks. Losing just 1 elemental ore while skilling is usually a 1mil+ loss.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Yes goldsmithing revolves around earth and fire and a few wind synths here and there. But in the long run earth synths will be more important to save materials from when they break because the majority of skillup synths are earth. I also recommend switching between fire and earth depending on what you attempt to make at higher levels. At 70+ anything you make will hurt when you critical fail. Also whenever you start the bead synths, 80~87 is usually when they start/stop. You should put wind stuff in to save breaks. Losing just 1 elemental ore while skilling is usually a 1mil+ loss.
    Yeah I have been looking ahead, I hit 41 today off mythril sheets. I have only lost about 300~400K mainly because when everything sells (NIN tools, Silver Chains and Myt. Sheets) will make back alot of gil spent. Also I have a mule with about 12 stacks of Fire, lighting , earth and wind crystals. I think alot of the skill ups in the 50s are earth based.

Also some people said you can do two elements at once, but I doubt something like Earth and Wind would work well because they cancel each other out. Or do the both give medium amounts of aid?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Also some people said you can do two elements at once, but I doubt something like Earth and Wind would work well because they cancel each other out. Or do the both give medium amounts of aid
    If this is true i'd go with fire and earth not wind and earth.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You can not have two elements at once, but you can get equal amounts of earth and fire furniture, and remove one item to tip the balance one way or the other.

For example, 7 bookshelves should give you a powerful fire element (along with 28 storage spots and elemental power of 56), and 13 tarutaru desks will give you a powerful earth element. (And 26 storage spots with an element of 52.) When you are synthing with fire crystals you can leave the furniture as is since there is more fire than earth, but when you want to synth with earth you have to remove one bookshelf to make earth dominant.

The question is, is there enough room in your mog house layout for 7 bookshelves and 13 tarutaru desks.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    You can not have two elements at once, but you can get equal amounts of earth and fire furniture, and remove one item to tip the balance one way or the other.

For example, 7 bookshelves should give you a powerful fire element (along with 28 storage spots and elemental power of 56), and 13 tarutaru desks will give you a powerful earth element. (And 26 storage spots with an element of 52.) When you are synthing with fire crystals you can leave the furniture as is since there is more fire than earth, but when you want to synth with earth you have to remove one bookshelf to make earth dominant.

The question is, is there enough room in your mog house layout for 7 bookshelves and 13 tarutaru desks.
    Yeah that makes sense, and yes I think my MH has enough room. I don't have anything in there to begin with. When it comes time I'll try out what you said Septimus and post the results.