BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    this thread is gay

/summon Richard Simmons
    well what do you expect? i am the OP of this thread...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Nirokun, I'll never understand how a man can choose what you do.

You have a beautifully toned, deliciously curvy woman's ass, complete with a thong tan line even...perhaps a little body spray, a hint of peaches and creme or something of the like...

Mmm.

Ok, now you have hairy man ass.

I don't, and probably will never, understand it.

(If you're in fact not gay in real life, than excuse me, but the the question remains of OTHER gay guys then).

There is no equating this question to lesbians - before you even do. It's apples and oranges.

no shit you won't understand your not gay lol

Quote Originally Posted by Almaa
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    the point of lol'ing is that you do it irl, saying lol irl is irrelivant cause if you didn't lol irl you didn't lol at all

lol
    dude, you stole my quote, wtf

edit: and you butchered it
    http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewto ... ht=#120573
    XD, I knew I saw that somewhere, I agreed with it so it kinda stayed in my head. I didn't butcher it either! Not totally at least. :D

Ontopic, gay people. lol

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSky
    Nirokun, I'll never understand how a man can choose what you do.

You have a beautifully toned, deliciously curvy woman's ass, complete with a thong tan line even...perhaps a little body spray, a hint of peaches and creme or something of the like...

Mmm.

Ok, now you have hairy man ass.

(If you're in fact not gay in real life, than excuse me, but the the question remains of OTHER gay guys then).

There is no equating this question to lesbians - before you even do. It's apples and oranges.
    Crimsonsky, I'll never understand how a man can choose what you do.

You have a beautifully toned, incredibly sexy man''s ass, complete with that little cut inthe front even...perhaps a little aftershave, a hint of his shampoo or something of the like...

Mmm.

Ok, now you have flabby woman's ass.

(If you're in fact not straight in real life, than excuse me, but the the question remains of OTHER straight guys then).

Pleast tell me then, what women find about men attractive? and how there is NO WAY you can agree with them... and that you've never tried to make yourself more attractive in these ways... but still dont see how its attractive...

I can understand how straight guys like some cleavage and some form-fitting clothing in some of the right places on women, its an advertisement. But guys can do the same thing, muscle shirts and jeans that fit in the right places are also advertisements. Maybe most women like vanilla ice cream, and most men like strawberry ice cream, who is to say that i cant like vanilla ice cream and dislike strawberry?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

One time my brother said that he did not understand how guys could look at a woman like Kathy Lee Gifford and stay gay. (It appears that my brother is attracted to Satan-like qualities in woman.) I responded that it is probably because those same men would look at Roseanne and be chased right back to gay.

Different people like different things, some guys like blondes, some like red heads, some like brunettes- just because someone's ideal of attractiveness is not the same as yours it does not mean that either person is wrong. Just like some gay guys like skinny guys, some like chubby guys, and some like muscular guys- who cares and how does it affect you?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    One time my brother said that he did not understand how guys could look at a woman like Kathy Lee Gifford and stay gay.
    Of all the things I've ever read on BG forums, this has made me the most stunned. WHAT?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    One time my brother said that he did not understand how guys could look at a woman like Kathy Lee Gifford and stay gay.
    Of all the things I've ever read on BG forums, this has made me the most stunned. WHAT?
    What is so shocking? (Besides the fact that Kathy Lee Gifford is not very atteactive...)

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

One time my brother said that he did not understand how guys could look at a woman like Kathy Lee Gifford and stay gay. (It appears that my brother is attracted to Satan-like qualities in woman.) I responded that it is probably because those same men would look at Roseanne and be chased right back to gay.

Different people like different things, some guys like blondes, some like red heads, some like brunettes- just because someone's ideal of attractiveness is not the same as yours it does not mean that either person is wrong. Just like some gay guys like skinny guys, some like chubby guys, and some like muscular guys- who cares and how does it affect you?
    My saying has always been that I don't care what you like to fuck just don't feel like you have to share with me.

The only time I ever have a problem with gay guys is when they are determined to tell every single person they meet how gay they are, however you could say the exact same thing about straight guys. Believe it or not I don't need to hear for 15 minutes how hot some girl at the gas station was, that's nice...take a picture next time.

In general, people assume way to much that other people give a shit about their lives/relationships/orientations/likes/dislikes.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What is so shocking? (Besides the fact that Kathy Lee Gifford is not very atteactive...)
    Kathy Lee Gifford might be physically attractive if you disassociate her personality from her physique, but picking her as the epitome of feminine beauty just confounds me.

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    My saying has always been that I don't care what you like to fuck just don't feel like you have to share with me.
    Homosexuality is like religion to me, in that it doesn't bother me unless 1) you're trying to convert me or 2) you're rubbing it in my face that it's how you feel. There's nothing wrong with either one, I just don't feel the need to have you force your beliefs on me one way or another.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The only time I ever have a problem with gay guys is when they are determined to tell every single person they meet how gay they are, however you could say the exact same thing about straight guys. Believe it or not I don't need to hear for 15 minutes how hot some girl at the gas station was, that's nice...take a picture next time.

In general, people assume way to much that other people give a shit about their lives/relationships/orientations/likes/dislikes.
    i wish more people were like you

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Wait wait, Sept and Nirokun -- I'm not "attacking" your choice in lifestyle or calling it wrong in any sense of the word. Everyone is free to live their life to their own ends of happiness of course.

My statement was that I can't comprehend the PREFERENCE of a guy over a magically delicious female booty.

No, someone being gay doesn't affect me. We need gay dudes, they cut hair better than fat chicks that rub their tits on my elbow the whole time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSky
    Wait wait, Sept and Nirokun -- I'm not "attacking" your choice in lifestyle or calling it wrong in any sense of the word. Everyone is free to live their life to their own ends of happiness of course.

My statement was that I can't comprehend the PREFERENCE of a guy over a magically delicious female booty.

No, someone being gay doesn't affect me. We need gay dudes, they cut hair better than fat chicks that rub their tits on my elbow the whole time.
    Sexual orientation and preference are two different things. Sexual orientation is the gender of the people you want to sleep with. Sexual preference is whether you like handcuffs and duct tape or not.

I do not honestly understand why straight guys like women, but I am equally confounded as to why some gay men love skinny guys. You just like what you like, same as ice cream flavors or sit-coms.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I used to believe that homosexuals and heterosexuals could get along as long as the homosexuals were nice and polite and did not get in people's faces. Then I met Dennis.

Dennis was a boss at my old job, and was a bigot. I tried being nice, I tried being polite, I did not get in his face. He still called me faggot behind my back. Then I got angry and mean and in his face, and he knew that not only could I beat him into the ground, but I could also take him and the company to court for harassment. Sometimes when you are in a hostile environment the only way to survive is to be more hostile.

Most gay men consider the internet very hostile. Search "fag" on this forum and you will find 232 matches, and that is fairly light. People can say, "We don't mean gay guys when we call people 'fags'" all they want, but it is still a hostile word against gay men.

It would be nice if people did not care about sexual orientation and people abided by the live and let live philosophy, until then expect gay people to keep reminding straights that we are still around.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Well, I do see your point however that is similar to saying that African-Americans and Caucasins can't get along because there are racist people in the world.

Trash exists everywhere, without it you wouldn't know whom among us is worthy of your respect and friendship. Hell if I was going to make any generalization about gays it would be that they are easier to hang around since they are typically more comfortable with themselves and not out to prove how fuckin macho they can be in every given situation.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The only time I ever have a problem with gay guys is when they are determined to tell every single person they meet how gay they are, however you could say the exact same thing about straight guys.
    There's a difference in my mind between letting people know you are gay (which is fine) and picking the most flamboyantly gay characters (think the maid from The Bird Cage) and decidiing your personality much match theirs. I think that's the kind of thing that Raineer was getting at. I find overly Jesus-types more annoying than overly flaming types, but I find personality excesses in general annoying. If there's only one dimension to your personality, I'm generally not interested in ever having a second conversation with you.

I used to believe that homosexuals and heterosexuals could get along as long as the homosexuals were nice and polite and did not get in people's faces. Then I met Dennis.

Dennis was a boss at my old job, and was a bigot. I tried being nice, I tried being polite, I did not get in his face. He still called me faggot behind my back. Then I got angry and mean and in his face, and he knew that not only could I beat him into the ground, but I could also take him and the company to court for harassment. Sometimes when you are in a hostile environment the only way to survive is to be more hostile.

Most gay men consider the internet very hostile. Search "fag" on this forum and you will find 232 matches, and that is fairly light. People can say, "We don't mean gay guys when we call people 'fags'" all they want, but it is still a hostile word against gay men.

It would be nice if people did not care about sexual orientation and people abided by the live and let live philosophy, until then expect gay people to keep reminding straights that we are still around.
    Dennis just sounds like a jerk. I'd like to think that there aren't that many people like that around, but as a "generic" straight, white male I'm not exposed to the kind of experiences that those in a minority might be. (By generic I mean standard religion, size, national orientiation, etc.). I am glad to hear that you yelled at him rather than just slunk away (which I've seen people in similar situations do).

I'm not sure why it's OK to call someone a fag when it's not OK to call someone a jew or a nigger. Hell, why is it OK to call me a Cracker? Why is it OK to call something you see as negative as gay when it's not OK to call the same thing as "black" or "retarded"? Calling someone a nigger in a linkshell will get you kicked out, but calling someone a fag would go unnoticed.

I'm all for freedom of speech and saying "Fuck Political Correctness", but why is it so selective?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sorry to post back to back. (Please don't call me Angelkitty)

The other night, I was listening to talk radio and heard someone call into a Sports Talk show and complain about people's use of the term schizophrenic when discussing the behavior of a football team. "I have a family member who suffers from schizophrenia, and using it to describe a football team sort of trivializes the pain that she's going through." The hosts agreed with her, but you could absolutely hear the tone in their voice that they wanted to scream "Piss off."

Different words mean things to different people.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I find overly Jesus-types more annoying than overly flaming types, but I find personality excesses in general annoying.
    This is a better example that I could think of, and yes it's exactly what I meant. I've knowningly been around gays a vast majority of my adult life...they aren't freaks or lepers like some people treat them, they are humans exactly like everyone else.

My problem exactly is people that feel the need to OVERLY express whatever they do to others. Religon is another big example.

Certain folks may share the exact same faith I do but the way they express it drives me up the wall. Years ago I had a second job as a cashier at Walmart and on several occasions I would have people try to convert me to their religon while they were buying groceries and like...literally not leaving me alone about it. I won't ever look down on someone no matter what they worship, whether it be God, Allah, Buddah, Satan, plants, pottery, whatever...just be respectful that others may not share your faith so don't get all nosy about stuff.

Sexual preference is whether you like handcuffs and duct tape or not.
    duct tape??

that's probably like getting waxed... ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Nirokun
    I can understand how straight guys like some cleavage and some form-fitting clothing in some of the right places on women, its an advertisement. But guys can do the same thing, muscle shirts and jeans that fit in the right places are also advertisements. Maybe most women like vanilla ice cream, and most men like strawberry ice cream, who is to say that i cant like vanilla ice cream and dislike strawberry?
    But I like vanilla and strawberry. (^_^)b

If you know what I meen. (^_~)