Seriously, that movie was fucked up
    Anyone else seen it?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Yes, I have. I waited for a while for this movie, and was very very dissapointed.

One thing is, Quitin T. had nothing to do with the production of this movie. He simply got his hands on it at Sundance and promoted it to where it is, slapping a "presents" title on it. So, if any of you were expecting his normal, odd approach to film making - get ready for a let down.

They spent entirely too long establishing the "three dudes are england/third world country hopping in hopes of scoring drums/women" story. I get it. I've seen it. Move the fuck on with the killing.

Saw had more gore to it than this film. There was MAYBE three seconds of actual gore, and it was Evil Dead level laughable b-horror flick grade at best.

If you want to see what Hostel failed at, watch a real movie.

I recommend this video. It's available for 20 bucks on amazon.com (your first major clue that it's not an authentic snuff film - which in and of itself is an urban legend). If you're easily upset, etc. by these types of things, ...well you know yourself. Think.

And if you are strong enough mentally to handle it, just remember, you can never unsee what you will see.

[The following link to pictures of the film Flowers of Flesh and Blood (Guienea Pig series) is not work or school safe]
    http://www.itsonlyamovie.co.uk/FLOWERSO ... DBLOOD.htm

It's as close to a snuff movie as it comes, and it will deeply hurt you to watch it. There are no words to describe it, other than...it shows man kind at it's worst. But, if that's what you want, a TRUELY horrorifying experience, it isn't in movies like Hostel with plastic and latex "boo!"'s -- it's seeing what man kind is capable of. That's the real scarey story.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

whoa dude, those pics look real... or maybe they are really...

Makes me think of the old Goregallery.com days when I was 15 haha

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

1st hr was hot and funny, after that I fell asleep for 15min..................(yes @ the movies!!) and woke up to the chainsaw scene.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The first half of the movie was Eurotrip with more boobs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet
    And if you are strong enough mentally to handle it, just remember, you can never unsee what you will see.
    I give the same warning about Glitter.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet
    It's available for 20 bucks on amazon.com (your first major clue that it's not an authentic snuff film - which in and of itself is an urban legend).
    Offtopic, but this made me remember about a film somebody told me about a few years ago that was banned in several counties, had real footage of animals being killed, and the director had to go to court several times to prove that no actors were harmed/killed in the making of it. Called Cannibal Holocaust, IIRC. Has anybody seen it/have an opinion on it?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Never heard of it, need to rent it if i can? w

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Nny, the movie you're referring to is called ...believe it or not..."Snuff".

It was filmed in the...70's? Maybe 80's. It has very realistic depictions of people being harmed or murdered on the movie, for that time period. It's not as believeable with today's standards.

There is also a "bonus clip" added by the producer during the hype of him going to court. The minds behind the film added a 2 min sequence after the credits to simulate that they didnt know the camera was still rolling and murder an actress on the film even more realistically then the movie itself. Thus, he was charged with murder and producing a snuff film, only to produce the victim herself in court, alive and well.

For those who don't know, or misunderstand the meaning, a snuff flick doesn't (to authorities knowledge) exist, nor ever has. It's an urban legend that a person is killed on a film for purely entertainment purposes. It doesn't count if they happened to film someone's accidental death (ie; faces of death series), but intentionally lured that person to the film set and killed them for satisfying a sick group of watcher's fetish.

If anyone WERE to film one, it would literally incriminate them instantly. The publisher of Hustler magazine has a long standing offer of 1 million dollars to anyone who can produce a commercially distributed Snuff Flick. Noone has. (Off topic, but to be technical -- if they ever add the beheading of Nick Berg in Iraq to a Faces of Death series and sell it, by all legal definitions it would be classified as a snuff flick, and I plan to mail him a copy and my bank account number).

There is a small, and in my own opinion dangerous, group of people who do have a sexual fetish for raping, mutalating and even killing other people (usually a pretty girl). There are many websites that simulate "hurting", with fake blood. Fake blood or not, it's not sexy to me. Although I may be obsessed with finding a real snuff film (it's human nature to question "what if") -- I have no desire to see one. I don't enjoy watching another human being suffer. It's not entertainment. I like to be scared. I like to be shocked. Push my boundaries, but not by killing someone. Hence, the film I mentioned a few posts ago. It makes me shake in utter terror/shock, but in the end, I know it isnt real. That makes it ok.

Here's my question to you; In over thirty years of investigating, no police authority has ever uncovered ONE authentic snuff film. However, leads have lead them to believe that there is a black market for them, selling as much as 100,000 a copy. There are countless websites showing fake snuff, rape, extreme bondage, etc. -- enough to prove an audience for this desire exists. There are over 1 million unsolved murders in the FBI's catalouge, not including local police departments. You can purchase a camcorder at Best Buy for 100 bucks (plus 20 for their 3 year warranty, since, "its a piece of shit and will break if you dont buy our insurance" - actual quote of a BB employee to me). What do you think? Do they exist?

...Sorry...I majored in Criminal Law and this is the sort of twisted shit I wrote my thesis on.