Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: KS99 Horns Of War     submit to reddit submit to twitter

We ran out of time with him at 20% life left.

Alliance was:

Party 1

75 Pld/War
    75Pld/War
    73Whm/Blm
    75Whm/Blm
    75Brd/Whm
    75Rdm/Blm

Party 2

75Blm/Whm
    75Blm/Whm
    74Blm/Whm
    74Blm/Whm
    73Blm/Whm
    75Rdm/Blm

Party 3

74Thf/Nin
    75Mnk/Whm
    74Rng/Nin
    75Rdm/Blm
    75War/Nin
    75 Rdm/Blm

We were kying him up and down the hill. Did ok on Meteor for the first 50% then we had a few deaths with Blms fighting weakend some of it.

We did not use Gravity until 50% life. Nuking with Blizz mainly, but we seemed to not do enough Damage.

I am looking for us to attempt this again, but not sure what was wrong with our set up.

Our War/Nin was kind of a 3rd Tank/DD he brought gear for both occasions.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer
    We ran out of time with him at 20% life left.

Alliance was:

Party 1

75 Pld/War
    75Pld/War
    73Whm/Blm
    75Whm/Blm
    75Brd/Whm
    75Rdm/Blm

Party 2

75Blm/Whm
    75Blm/Whm
    74Blm/Whm
    74Blm/Whm
    73Blm/Whm
    75Rdm/Blm

Party 3

74Thf/Nin
    75Mnk/Whm
    74Rng/Nin
    75Rdm/Blm
    75War/Nin
    75 Rdm/Blm

We were kying him up and down the hill. Did ok on Meteor for the first 50% then we had a few deaths with Blms fighting weakend some of it.

We did not use Gravity until 50% life. Nuking with Blizz mainly, but we seemed to not do enough Damage.

I am looking for us to attempt this again, but not sure what was wrong with our set up.

replace these guys for your first few runs if possible, esp. the poor thf...

once your blm's get the hang of running/kiting properly, you'll be fine.

MNK/WHM can do very high damage (1200ish average chi isn't hard to achieve) and unlike nukes Chi is instant, not requiring you to stand still and cast while he moves up into melee range or away out of range before your spell lands. Also unlike BLMs Meteor will never one shot a MNK/WHM.

BLM can dish out more damage in a short timeframe but if they do so they draw massive hate and are then unable to nuke for awhile so it really doesn't matter much.

Beating that BC isn't so much a matter of dealing insane damage, but about dealing damage in a way that doesn't lead to people dying. Chlevnik's total HP is low enough not to be a problem to take out in 30 mins with damage properly paced and people not dying. People dying or worse, people dying again while weakened because they panic and don't retreat is what causes failure.

To clarify, I'm not saying BLM isn't good in there, but BLM isn't the only good source of damage on it at all. SMN should also do very well in that BC thanks to Diabolos, unless Chlevnik resists Nether Blast. 500 damage every 45ish seconds with no hate issues is pretty amazing, although meteor will definitely get through a SMN's HP fairly easily.

In regards to the Mr.Argus and BC instancing questions:

Most BC Zones are semi-instanced. What happens is the zone itself has 2 (typically 2, some only have 1) actual "BC" areas. Each Area has a complete set of all possible BC Fights for that area. This can be checked rather easily if you look in the DAT files for BC Zones. Each Zone will contain 2 copies of every single BC Mob.

Then, when you trade an orb, your party/alliance is assigned one of these BC zones, the required mobs are "popped" in this area, and your party enters.

So, most BC zones can support 2 simultaneous groups doing any BC (can be doing 2 of the same fight, or 2 different fights).

As far as Mr.Argus is concerned, I'm not sure how much server-side checking is done to ensure that the conditions to open the chest are met. I know that normal treasure chests (that require a key) need to be opened from the proper location otherwise you get a "you must be closer" message. However, BC Chests don't require a trade and must merely be "clicked" in order to open.

I would guess that when you start a BC, the Chest is actually "popped" in some unreachable area (like underground or through a wall or something). Then, when you kill the mob(s), it "teleports" the chest inside the BC area to be opened.

However, if you use Mr.Argus you can trick your client into thinking the chest is anywhere. Then after using Mr.Argus to make it seem like you can target the chest, you "click" it and it sends the message to the server that you have examined the chest. From here there are basically 2 possibilities:

1. Server doesn't check anything and just figures "oh, Player was able to target the chest, therefore they must have killed the mob and won since the chest is otherwise un-reachable". If this is the case, yes you can win any BC without moving a single step. From past events I am led to believe that this is true. The FFXI Servers are too trusting of the Client and there are way too many Client-side modifications you can make which the server still accepts (Speed hacking, teleportation, etc).

2. Server actually checks to make sure that you killed the mobs when you tell it that you examined the chest. Mr.Argus does nothing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nagamaki
    MNK/WHM can do very high damage (1200ish average chi isn't hard to achieve) and unlike nukes Chi is instant, not requiring you to stand still and cast while he moves up into melee range or away out of range before your spell lands. Also unlike BLMs Meteor will never one shot a MNK/WHM.

BLM can dish out more damage in a short timeframe but if they do so they draw massive hate and are then unable to nuke for awhile so it really doesn't matter much.

Beating that BC isn't so much a matter of dealing insane damage, but about dealing damage in a way that doesn't lead to people dying. Chlevnik's total HP is low enough not to be a problem to take out in 30 mins with damage properly paced and people not dying. People dying or worse, people dying again while weakened because they panic and don't retreat is what causes failure.

To clarify, I'm not saying BLM isn't good in there, but BLM isn't the only good source of damage on it at all. SMN should also do very well in that BC thanks to Diabolos, unless Chlevnik resists Nether Blast. 500 damage every 45ish seconds with no hate issues is pretty amazing, although meteor will definitely get through a SMN's HP fairly easily.
    replace these guys for your first few runs if possible, esp. the poor thf...
    i don't deny that mnk can do good dmg there - but for a LS that has not killed it yet, why not make it as easy as possible from the start?

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    1. Server doesn't check anything and just figures "oh, Player was able to target the chest, therefore they must have killed the mob and won since the chest is otherwise un-reachable". If this is the case, yes you can win any BC without moving a single step. From past events I am led to believe that this is true. The FFXI Servers are too trusting of the Client and there are way too many Client-side modifications you can make which the server still accepts (Speed hacking, teleportation, etc).

i would not put it past square to have no check for treasure chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer

Your damage is fine, you just need to learn to have 0/1 persons die to Meteor at any time. Either that's your problem, or your dds are holding back too much.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Don't even bother having tanks. ^^; Our first try with this, we ran out of time too... but then we booted the tanks and just had whoever has hate kite because that's what's gonna happen anyway... And since we did that, we ended up winning flawlessly.

What really sucks about the BC is now there is a such thing as double weakness. When we first did that, we'd raise the BLM and just have them nuke away while weak. Everyone was using reraise pins.

Also, the RNG were very good DD on kited mobs. Not to say they're gimped now, but their Dmg will have a pretty hard time on a mob that's moving so fast since they can't align up with the 'sweet spot' perfectly.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

have mnks with good accuarcy /follow on him...whenever he casts meteor spam asuran fists and 95% of the time it gets inturrupted, this is how we do it, and we beat that bcnm many many times..

good DDs, good blms...and who ever has hate just run away when u get targeted and kite...no real need of paladins and tanks...just do it that way and it works...

Just kite him, trigger meteor then use /assist <t> to find out who its targetting (Ventrilo/TS helps with this), have that one person run out of range whilst BLMs blow him up and everybody else just unleashes all hell on him.

9minute record doing it this way. Flawless 8)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

3 minutes 40 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by royze
    3 minutes 40 seconds
    Is that for the KS or the average duration of intercourse?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Parshath
    3 minutes 40 seconds
    im sure the title reads to me KS 99...could you diffrenciate?

Quote Originally Posted by Parshath
    3 minutes 40 seconds
    im sure the title reads to me KS 99...could you diffrenciate?
    I was kidding

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

is that really the average duration of intercourse? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko
    is that realy the average duration of intercourse? lol wtf
    rofl I was referring to Royze's average... Which was a joke SILLY

Sea Torques
    BG Level

spank him and call him charlie .... silly lol

spank him and call him charlie .... silly lol
    ROFL

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

sorry i was curious

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.clitical.com/orgasms/orgasm-facts.php
    " The "average" single guy lasts 7 minutes during intercourse before orgasm.

" The "average" married guy lasts 14 minutes during intercourse before orgasm.

" Most men can only sustain active thrusting during intercourse for an average of 2 minutes before reaching climax.
    from google lol. theres some other interesting "facts" (who knows if they are true) there as well

Quote Originally Posted by Nikko
    sorry i was curious

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.clitical.com/orgasms/orgasm-facts.php
    " The "average" single guy lasts 7 minutes during intercourse before orgasm.

" The "average" married guy lasts 14 minutes during intercourse before orgasm.

" Most men can only sustain active thrusting during intercourse for an average of 2 minutes before reaching climax.
    from google lol. theres some other interesting "facts" (who knows if they are true) there as well

unless you have certain different conditions, or lack of attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuko
    Don't even bother having tanks. ^^; Our first try with this, we ran out of time too... but then we booted the tanks and just had whoever has hate kite because that's what's gonna happen anyway... And since we did that, we ended up winning flawlessly.
    We've always used 2-3 paladins with no problems, and they've had no problem holding hate. Well, since the ranger nerf anyway, lol.