Ragnarok

"Party 1

75 Pld/War
    75Pld/War
    73Whm/Blm
    75Whm/Blm
    75Brd/Whm
    75Rdm/Blm "

Take brd out of that pt and put with monks and rangers..

Black Belt
    BG Level

i HATE going to this on BRD. and i'm one of the few BRDs that like playing BRD at Lv 75.

BRD is only useful here with RNG and MNK in their parties.

Oh, and they make good /assist callers too.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

We've successfully beaten this with 10 people (blms), at least a few dozen times now. I know a pld kiter can get hate back no problem, but same can be said about a blm kiter.

What Faranim posted in the beginning about having good hate control is the key.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

dont be the dumbass who wants to nuke crazy or spam weaponskills and job abilities then get targeted and no one can take hate off u and die..

its fun to die, but its not fun to wipe and lose 99kindered seals..be smart and share the hate...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuko
    Don't even bother having tanks. ^^; Our first try with this, we ran out of time too... but then we booted the tanks and just had whoever has hate kite because that's what's gonna happen anyway... And since we did that, we ended up winning flawlessly.
    We've always used 2-3 paladins with no problems, and they've had no problem holding hate. Well, since the ranger nerf anyway, lol.
    Hehe, well this was before the ranger nerf and we were really just aiming for quickest kill as possible. Whoever had hate was kiting, and usually RDM to gravity. He didn't really build a huge resist to it after much time, if I remember correctly. He would resist it, but not much. Haven't done this bc in a while. =/

Old Merits
    BG Level

Would not try it the first time, but we have been straight up tanking this recently. Kill time straight tanking is 7 to 9 mins depending on how well things go. Not good to do first time, should do the standard kiting method til you get used to the BC.

Yeah I am a BRD who actually likes the job and I don't like this BC as well lol. Straight tanking it isn't as bad, but hitting moving targets with songs while being interrupted by aoe stun and hit with meteor is annoying. Just keep up stoneskin.

Not a very hard BC at all, and tanks are somewhat superfluous, in that the only time anyone should be in any danger is during a stun > meteor.

Firstly and most importantly, the mob's hate must be being called CONSTANTLY - if someone has hate they need to know about it NOW, not in 5 seconds.

Secondly, that person doesnt need to run 500 meters ahead of the mob, every time the mob stops to cast a spell is an oppourtunity for more damage.

Nuke when the mob is passing you, not when the mob is approaching you, and never, EVER deal a large amount of damage without the intention and space to run directly away from it when you are done, whether it be a nuke, chi blast, weaponskill, or whatever else.

Nuke/damage till you get hate, then its your turn to set everyone up. Dont go too far up or down the path so as to be stuck without room to slow down and coax a meteor attempt, but still have enough room to get the fuck out of the way.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just a lil tip in case of emergency.

If the person that have hate runs to dead end ie BC Circle and Exit point, and no one behind the mob is able to pull hate to kite it the opposite direction, just DIE there.

DO NOT U-TURN and MPK the alliance. -.-

Happened to us a few times.

/slap

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

Having one of the mages make a macro that goes...
    /assist <t>
    /wait 1
    /p <t>, you have hate, please come stand next to the tarus so we can get one-shotted by Meteor!
    ... can help a lot if they tap it every few seconds, or whenever it looks like hate might have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuko
    Hehe, well this was before the ranger nerf and we were really just aiming for quickest kill as possible. Whoever had hate was kiting, and usually RDM to gravity. He didn't really build a huge resist to it after much time, if I remember correctly. He would resist it, but not much. Haven't done this bc in a while. =/
    rng/war is still incredible in this bc. And it will resist gravity heavily after about 10 mins. If it doesn't take you that long, more power to you.