Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: KS99 Horns Of War     submit to reddit submit to twitter

KS99 Horns Of War

I am leading my LS into this KS99 tonight and was wondering if anyone had any helpful hints?

Things I know already are:

-Kite him up and down hill with Rdms trying to keep Gravity on at all times.

- Blm and Rng are the best DD's.

He spams meteor which is about 70% of what KB's is.

Anuthing else would be much appreciated.

thank you!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Do a reverse assist so you know who has hate and who to run away from when he's casting meteor. XD

Re: KS99 Horns Of War

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer
    -Kite him up and down hill with Rdms trying to keep Gravity on at all times.
    It will become immune to gravity quickly. Unless you plan on killing it in 10 minutes, don't gravity until it's under 50%. Don't let your BLM with their gimp enfeebling skills gravity it either or it'll just wear faster and make it immune that much faster.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

One tip is, if people are willing... set their filters so they only see special actions started on them. So, they'll know when meteor is directed at them and when it's not.

Have people wait outside of the circle when he's being pulled. He often starts with Meteor or something when pulled.

After he's pulled, no one should generally do anything until he's further down the path so you can properly have him switch hate and be kited up and down the path.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Dont bank on outrunning his meteor like you can on King Behemoth. The cast is roughly twice as fast. If someone takes hate and he starts casting, it cannot be outrun. The only way it can be outrun is if you are already running.

I would suggest if your not 100% confident, to have all melee bring sleep pots and icarus wings. Do alot of damage quick, then wear him down and survive.. watch out for the 1% mijin meteor. Its like 2k AOE..

How not to kite:

1. Oh crap I have hate, let me run as fast as I can in the opposite direction. This is BAD because the instant another person gets hate, they get Meteor in the face and kill everyone.

How you should kite

1. I'm the target. Let me run out of range, then stop and wait for him to cast Meteor on me and immediately run again (preventing meteor). This way I won't MPK anyone, and I give all the other players a chance to use nukes/WS without triggering Meteor onto themselves.

The key to Meteor is that fact that after he attempts to cast it, there is a cooldown (around 10-15 seconds) in which he will not attempt to cast it again. This is the time period to shift hate around and use your damage.

His toughness is HP% based.

I found out after multiple tries that he starts to resist gravity not after time, but after a certain ammount of damage has been dealt to it.

First 50% of the fight is easy, after wich, gravity dont stick at all anymore, or when it does, lasts 0.1 second.
    Meaning, start of fight take it smooth and keep everyone in good shape and ready for when he starts resisting.

Other reminder: Don't forget that the momment you kill him, he'll stay at 1% HP, cast meteor AoE centered on himself (and not on someone in particular), so everyone get the FUCK away from him, or keep at least 1 person alive and far from him when hes near death.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinhkinn
    I found out after multiple tries that he starts to resist gravity not after time, but after a certain ammount of damage has been dealt to it.

First 50% of the fight is easy, after wich, gravity dont stick at all anymore, or when it does, lasts 0.1 second.
    Meaning, start of fight take it smooth and keep everyone in good shape and ready for when he starts resisting.
    Damage has nothing to do with it's gravity resist. It works exactly the same as every other mob that builds up resistance. It'll move like granny using her walker at 10% health for the full 2 minutes if you haven't gravitied it previously.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio
    Do a reverse assist so you know who has hate and who to run away from when he's casting meteor. XD
    Pardon my noobishness, but what's a Reverse Assist? I understand the /assist strat, but not sure about this one.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's a rather easy battle, just make sure not to run too far when he's casting Meteor, or he changes targets and everyone eats around 700 dmg :/

Also, after you "kill" him, he stays at 1% HP, and casts a final Meteor. This can do 2500+ damage, so make sure you have people standing away, or at least have reraise. After this Meteor he will "fall to the ground", and you win.

We also found that a WAR/SAM spamming Spirits with a Ridill was actually competing with BLMs for highest damage, so don't rule them out...

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio
    Pardon my noobishness, but what's a Reverse Assist? I understand the /assist strat, but not sure about this one.
    Normally when you /assist Person, it targets the mob that "Person" is targetting.

You can keep your cursor on any mob, however, and then /assist. You are now assisting the mob, in the sense you will target whomever the mob is targetting. That way you have a rough idea of who currently has hate / who is currently about to get their ass meteor'ed.

LazyShell
    BG Level

it works to a certain degree, as long as you assist it right when it casts... but its also known for shifting hate mid-cast of meteor... though its original target remains the same

Sea Torques
    BG Level

rumor has it you can mr.argus the treasure chest and not even have to kill the behemoth

confirm/deny

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by mdn
    rumor has it you can mr.argus the treasure chest and not even have to kill the behemoth

confirm/deny
    Wouldn't that mean you wouldn't even need an orb, since BCs aren't instanced?

LazyShell
    BG Level

I don't really know how any of the BC zones work.. If you have ever done the Boneyard gully ENM or a BC there, you can sort of mess around with the zone afterwards. When you get kicked out for winning, if u run at the right angle, you can go through the black cloud stuff. And then in the BC zone itself and if u keep going, you can find out that it kicks you out on the other of the two visible exits from the main area... then if you go to the main entrance, there is no black cloud, and you can walk all the way back as if zoning to attohwa, but when you get there, the zone just stops. Cant walk any farther, and you can just sea into space. So if these zones arent instanced, then i'm assuming there are two identical BC areas. One with entrance from zone and the blockade into the BC. Second with the actual BC and the exit. Who knows how far away they are from eachother though. I'll have to stay back in that win area and see if i can watch the next people fighting the BC next time lol

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

confirm/deny
    Since the chest pops in the same zone you're in and not until Chelvnik dies...not sure how you would do it

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Some BCs are obvious they are not instanced at all (e.g. Ghelsba and Ru'Hmet). You'd think the rest of the BCs would be instanced, but given that you can't have multiple parties in the same BC at once (Diabolos and Fenrir being the most apparent examples), it suggests they aren't. Or at least, they are only semi-instanced.

It seems as if there is a copy of the BC area for each possible fight in the arena, but only one per fight.

If it were truly instanced, they wouldn't block people from entering the same battle as someone already inside, yet allow someone to enter a different fight in the same arena at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer

confirm/deny
    Since the chest pops in the same zone you're in and not until Chelvnik dies...not sure how you would do it
    Depends on if mobs pop from nowhere, or are just moved from some secret place a mile away. Someone could be doing Steamed Sprouts, and KS99 Wyrm at the same time, and be in the same zone, but never see or hear each other because their actual location in the zone (while identical) is actually far apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinhkinn
    His toughness is HP% based.

I don't find this to be true. If you stop casting gravity because it stops landing for any appreciable time, then start casting it again later, it lands for a longer duration instead of being insta wear. The same behavior you observe from any other NM in the game.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

off topic-

anyone notice a change in drops on this bc?

last 12 runs we did saturday had some things that didn't look familiar...

dam. ingot, granite, etc.