+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

How do I pop the 2 hydra time extensions in Dynamis-Beauc ?

Hellos, i've been to beac a ton of times, and go up to the hydra time extension on my map, only to find it not there in game, which leads me to beleive i need to pop these somehow. Im guessing they might pop with the Nue eye?

We cleared all the eyes before in that small patch, hoping the +15 near xarcabard will pop and It didnt. Normally I dont ask for too much help but this is annoying >:

Help please (*';A;'*)

I dug up some info about this LW, I just have to compile it all and make sense of it.

Any other help is appreciated tho :D

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

/tags along

Dynamis-Xarc

How many eyes in the 6 eye wall leading to Castle Zvahl need to be killed for the time stat to pop

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Dyamis xarc- 4 or 5.

To pop the first of the hydra ext's (i believe the second one is the NM eye popper, no?) you need to clear all of the eyes on the right side of the ramp and in front of it. this involes a sack pull as one of the pulls will link 4-6 eyes.

It's not too hard, once you get the hang of it.

Xarc: We killed the south 4 eyes for the last statue last week and the statue didn't pop. We then killed the last 2 and boom. So at least one of the north 2 eyes is a partial trigger.

My theory: either all 6, or the central 4.

Next time we do xarc I'll try to watch to see when it pops.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

From south to north,

1 2 3 4 5 6

1, 3, 4, 6 need to pushed down for the statue to pop I think. Or 2, 3, 4, 5.. it's some symmetric pattern of 4 I don't recall anymore perfectly anymore. Anyway.. it's usually best to just kill all 6 and farm the demons to get some more wyrm armets.

On topic, deadzee is right about the first time eye on the hydra level. As for the second, it should be up already, just hug right after going up the ramp where you would normally go left towards Nue. It's usually too big of a timesink (far more than 15min) for us to try to get this, thus we've never spent more than 3hr15min in Glacier.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

hahaha, thank you for all the xarc responses. We only do Xarc with 24, we kill all the NM's and farm about 90 minute afterwards but all 6 might be a little too big of a pull for us >_>

Anyways it sounds like you just kill them all, I might try to deathpull them all at once and do a second for the stat to save time.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

you can sac pull the eyes from the demons pretty easily if you don't have that many people

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by mdn
    you can sac pull the eyes from the demons pretty easily if you don't have that many people
    Yeah i'd have no problem with it (i do 8-10 sac pulls every xarc), just stinks that I may have to do 2 just to get this stat....unless we ban manaburn 6 eyes in a big hurry, not much room to run around once you get behind that line

eye timer 1: (just to be thorough )
    1.) you have to clear everything in G-7 just to avoid it all linking when the timer actually pops. all the pulls are 1-2 shadows if you pull it right. there are more like 6 eyes in this square, 3 on the bottom row instead of 2. pull the bottom row first, from right to left. you get (per pull) DRK, MNK, THF. Then pull the middle row eye (it moves east-west, try to pull near the west side) and i think its a warrior + bst. Next pull the eye north of it, its another east-west wanderer, and i think it pops a bst. finally pull the last eye in the trees by the west wall, it pops a rdm.

2.) i think there are only 5 eyes in H-7, (3 in the left side row where it shows 4, and one is a east-west wanderer). we kill all 5 of these eyes and the timer pops. i think you only need to kill 3 of them, but im not sure which 3. the problem is, any pull here links all 5 eyes and you get like 10+ shadows with them. so, any form of sac pull can be used to either just grab the eyes, or kill the link piecemeal. when you kill the right eyes, a lone eye will pop just a tad south of where it shows it in the map above. this eye spawns a smn and whm, and when killed gives 15 minutes.

eye timer 2:
    1.) the 3 trigger eyes are in F-9. they all link and spawn about 9 shadows i think, so its a nasty pull. some sort of sac pull should be used to kill them all or just the eyes a bit a time. we pull up the ramp so the sac puller can run by it. when all 3 are dead, the eye timer pops at the spot marked in the map, top left corner of H-8.

2.) there are about 5 eyes in the woods on the way to H-8 that spawn maybe 10+ mobs, and they all link (they are in more of a line than what the map shows). you can use a split sac pull similar to what we use for the final wall in xarcabard: sac puller pulls one side, real puller pulls the other, and you end up with about half the train.

3.) the timer eye links with a second eye nearby, but its an easy pull for the final 15 minutes.

Copy pasted from Dynamis Bums thread
    http://www.dynamisbums.com/forum/showth ... 634&page=2

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Awesome, thankyou for the info everyone. We'll have a shot on it this friday and see weather it's worth the time to get that eye. Clearing all those eyes/hydras will probably be upwards of 15-25 mins alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Awesome, thankyou for the info everyone. We'll have a shot on it this friday and see weather it's worth the time to get that eye. Clearing all those eyes/hydras will probably be upwards of 15-25 mins alone.
    Doing it with a small ls (with only 5 mages) these two did not seem worth it for their effort, but you will probably have a much easier time with a lot of blms. Some of the pulls link really unpleasently, but if you do Xarcabard without problem, it should be easy enough.

edit: said melees not mages

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Yeah, I went today with my friend's LS (doesnt interfere with my time, so why not :D ) and was their Puller, seemed pretty ok, most of them popped one eye. But then 1 of the eyes popped 2 mobs strategically placed to link with the other ones, so maybe i've gotta kill the surrounding eyes first. (It popped a THF + SMN). The group I went with today were ok, my blms are faster naturally.

Now the waiting game > <

if you get in contact with wizerd(your rival!!!!) he has the pull route how to pull the mobs 1 by 1 and what needs to be done, we used to do it alot before we got my attestation. Had more ppl also at the time

I was going to make a post about this, but I decided necro-posting this might be better so that nothing gets overly repeated.

Now, I know all about the north hydra pulls linking. We cleared all but the 5 (6?) eyes to the east which all linked and proceeded to own me. I had a couple of people voke eyes out of the mess but somehow the hate linked and we got wiped by the unexpected hydra train.

Did anyone ever figure out how to pull them singly, if it's even possible? If it's not, I'll lead my LS to the south this time and we'll see what we can clear. We have 40-45 people usually, and are hoping to do an attestation run for the relic GS we're upgrading at some point in the future. Not sure when yet, today is just farming, but we've been feeling things out to see what we can do. Any advice on that front?

Anyway, what we've been doing for farming was going straight down to the Quadav level's two time extensions, killing just about everything. I saw on the DynamisBums site that you can nuke the Orc-level 15 minute extension from the Quadav ledge; I'm definitely going to be trying that tonight. Then, we go back up, wipe the Gobby level and usually have 30-45 minutes to screw around with Hydras before we run out of time. Any advice on what we could be doing better or differently?

Thanks in advance. Just wanna see teh ubar drops like Wafik gets all the time =P

Thanks.

Hydras suck for drops. They don't drop any better than the other beastmen in beaucedine and are a fuckload harder.

Aurik,

Really? I'd always heard quite differently, that Hydras had a better drop rate than the rest of the mobs. And, after two farming runs and only about 10 hydras killed on each trip, we'd gotten one AF from a hydra on each run. But with my limited experience, I wouldn't know that well =P

In that case, what would you recommend? Perhaps we should go up to the Goblin ramp, clear the Gobby level, go back down to the Yagudo level, then do all the Quadav and Orcs? I'm still not entirely sure what our best bet is. By that route, we would get all but two time extensions, which is pretty good.

I've seen similar bad drops on Hydra, but I believe it's the same drop rate as normal mobs. Just comes off as worse since they take so much longer to kill.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I heared the rumour of hydra giving better drops too, but they're just not worth killing, when the other mobs are easier therefore giving you better chances for items since the amount of mobs killed is your key thing to raising drop rate.

Once, manaburn actually killed every single mob between the entrance of the hydras to the Nue eye (instead of making a sac party), and we got 1 AF2 to show for it despite the fact we killed over 65 hydras in that time.

If you're farming AF, just stick with killing beastmen. Even if the drop rate is lower, you can kill 2-3 before killing a single hydra.

Thanks for the tips. I ran Beaucedine with a small crowd last night (only 27), and we purged the entire Goblin, Yagudo, Quadav levels, the big pull on the northeast side of the Orc level, and the NM lake. 130 currency + 2 100's (jade, bill) and 3 AF (DRK, BLM, RDM). I finally got my Tabard, so I'm quite happy. I'm sure this is how we will farm from now on.

Incidentally, any tips on where the best spots in Xarcabard are to farm after the wall of eyes leading to DL? We only found a few decent pulls last time before we had to start dealing with the giant walls of demons.