Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Truth or Fiction     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Truth or Fiction

Friend of mine mentioned a few days ago that he soloed behemoth once before the patch that made them go insane after an hour. He wasn't trying to brag, the topic just came up in general conversation. He is a rdm with very good melee gear, but I still find this hard to beleive. So I ask fact or fiction.

Banned.

BG Level

NQ Behemoth, then its possible.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Beleivable.

The only thing i'd worry about from NQ behe is the stun. But the other day, in my very craptacular mele gear (I was in like zenith and other junk) I solo'd a T Phuabo, weapons were Joytoy + Hornetneedle. I doubt there's much difference, only need to outlast him really.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

More than possible.

I miss soloing Serket

It was possible, just took a very long time. Behemoth's acc and attack are pathetic, its just a big blob of HP. A NIN or THF with meds/bolts could also solo it prepatch, since the only way Behe would ever land anything on a those is Thunderbolt. Actually after soloing some VTs as WHM/NIN using Spirit Taker, I bet that would have been possible too, although it would have taken a sickeningly long time.

Post patch no single job can output enough damage to kill in time without needing outside healing support, still a pathetically easy duo for MNK+healer though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    NQ Behemoth, then its possible.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I would actually state that almost any job outfittered properly could solo NQ behemoth before the SSJ patch (non healers would need meds of course, but nothing insane)

I think he has like...30k HP? He hits me for like 50 dmg even without all sorts of crazy DEF gear. It just takes forever to solo, hell I've even seen it slept but it's really hard.

pld/rdm with staff gogogo

I'm curious if a single mnk/nin could still do enough damage to kill nq behemoth in the allotted time.

Maybe I ought to go attend some day-1 behemoth camps and see.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    I'm curious if a single mnk/nin could still do enough damage to kill nq behemoth in the allotted time.

I think you could still do it, 30k isn't alot when you're punching for 90+ per fist with 25%+ haste (or whatever mnk ends up with at 75). Sure you have thunderbolt to worry about but hell just countertank it when shadows are down.

Demosthenes11

lol, I saw a thf/war basically solo it before patch, behemoth sucks a fat one

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik

day 1 behe is usually 45+ ppl including rmt on our server;

Xavier

kinda off topic, but since you mentioned rmters etc coming to behe, something funny happened the last KB I saw pop.

This ls told a guy in our ls that they were going to claim in 3 minutes, and they did, and then they proceeded to straight tank KB and wiped in 40 seconds to a meteor.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    More than possible.

I miss soloing Serket
    That was my one goal as Thf.

/emorant

New Merits
    BG Level

Re: Truth or Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Geostigma
    Friend of mine mentioned a few days ago that he soloed behemoth once before the patch that made them go insane after an hour. He wasn't trying to brag, the topic just came up in general conversation. He is a rdm with very good melee gear, but I still find this hard to beleive. So I ask fact or fiction.
    is 30min for Behemoth I believe

Sea Torques
    BG Level

mnk/nin has done it before many times as i remember ...id love to see it / do it but its really hard to dish that amount of damage in that time..

and i second that behemoth is a wimp

Old Merits
    BG Level

I suppose if a RDM REALLY wanted to handle super-mode, he could grab one of those low damage daggers and kill it entirely on Enspell damage. (Thunderbolt is a TP move, right?)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

lol GOGO Avesta

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrels
    lol GOGO Avesta
    GOGO double post

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    kinda off topic, but since you mentioned rmters etc coming to behe, something funny happened the last KB I saw pop.

This ls told a guy in our ls that they were going to claim in 3 minutes, and they did, and then they proceeded to straight tank KB and wiped in 40 seconds to a meteor.
    Even more off topic. One of the Sky shells decided to move to Fafnir, and brought RMT with them. Not RMT like they buy gil, or buy abjurations, but the original gil sellers on our server. The RMT had more skill than the ls, and actually killed Fafnir =\