Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Light Gorget     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Kazy

Light Gorget

this 1 good for savage blade right? ppl say thunder/ice/light dont want to get wrong gorget

answer please ;;

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Savage Blade sucks anyway. Don't waste your time.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

the bloodpact information is wrong

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Totien
    Savage Blade sucks anyway. Don't waste your time.
    Savage blade can break 2k dmg on VT (war/nin), it's not that bad.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

It's lightning, wind, and possibly earth. Savage Blade still isn't anything worth bragging about :3

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

sweet chart

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Light Gorget will work for any weapon skills that are Transfixion (any WS that starts Distortion, such as Power Slash), Liquification (any WS that starts a Fusion, such as Red Lotus), Detonation (and WS that starts Gravition, such as Jinpu), Impaction (and WS that ends Fusion, such as Combo) or the pure level 2 Fusion (Mistral, Decimation, Heavy, Arching, Detonator, Empyrial, Kasha, Wheeling Thrust, Hexa) and Fragmentation (Savage Blade, Dragon Kick, Sharkbite, Spin Slash, Ground Strike, Black Halo) weapon skills. I could probably have laid this out better but it should make it easy for you to figure out on your own with the examples I've given.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

I never seemed to notice any difference on Shark Bite with light gorget, so I assumed it didn't work for it. How much of a bonus is it supposed to be anyway? It didn't really seem any better than what a spike necklace did.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    I never seemed to notice any difference on Shark Bite with light gorget, so I assumed it didn't work for it. How much of a bonus is it supposed to be anyway? It didn't really seem any better than what a spike necklace did.
    No one has ever really provided a solid enough answer for me though I think I recall reading it adding .1 to the modifier of each hit or something. I like them because I feel they make weapon skills a lot more consistent but I can imagine for something like sharkbite they may not be so hot. Get a Breeze or Soil and go SA+TA Dancing Edge an Abraxas 8).

Sea Torques
    BG Level

gorgets dont do shit to multiple hits

thats what i heared and was proven somehow..it only affects the first hit..

iv tried it on asuran and god damn i wasted alot of time -_-

I was under the impression, Russta, that it only increased dmg and acc for weapons with that element in their first priority slot.

Therefore meaning, Light = Transfixion/Fusion only.

... I think I need to pick some up and go run some giant tests.

I'm still quite unconvinced that the theory on what gorgets do is even correct. The part about them being good for multiple hit at least is definitely completely false. Over months of comparison I still can't say I see any real effect from gorgets (Breeze, Soil, Shadow, Flame) when used to match the skillchain slots with any WS as MNK, THF or WHM.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nagamaki
    I'm still quite unconvinced that the theory on what gorgets do is even correct. The part about them being good for multiple hit at least is definitely completely false. Over months of comparison I still can't say I see any real effect from gorgets (Breeze, Soil, Shadow, Flame) when used to match the skillchain slots with any WS as MNK, THF or WHM.
    wow thats the complete opposite of what I had heard, that sucks. I've heard it's awful on single hit, but a huge acc boost for multi hit, I rember reading in Rkenshins livejournal how much he loves it for Ku. and I remember reading a post about it losing to spike necklace for spinning slash.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

i got breeze for DE, and i can honestly say i see no difference. I am at the point of tossing it for inventory space.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

has anyone tried it on multi hit while using meat? that might make a diffrence. with Sushi your likely to land all hits anyway(which is what I hear it helps the most) but this is pure speculation.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Not that it'll do any good but at the next nerd convention someone ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash
    i got breeze for DE, and i can honestly say i see no difference. I am at the point of tossing it for inventory space.
    Probably because Dancing Edge is Soil Gorget. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Light Gorget will work for any weapon skills that are Transfixion (any WS that starts Distortion, such as Power Slash), Liquification (any WS that starts a Fusion, such as Red Lotus), Detonation (and WS that starts Gravition, such as Jinpu), Impaction (and WS that ends Fusion, such as Combo) or the pure level 2 Fusion (Mistral, Decimation, Heavy, Arching, Detonator, Empyrial, Kasha, Wheeling Thrust, Hexa) and Fragmentation (Savage Blade, Dragon Kick, Sharkbite, Spin Slash, Ground Strike, Black Halo) weapon skills. I could probably have laid this out better but it should make it easy for you to figure out on your own with the examples I've given.
    Does this mean that, say, dark gorget would work with Rampage since Rampage is Scission (earth) which is one of the 'darkness' elements? I was under the impresson that this is false, but that impression came from second-hand information only.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash
    Probably because Dancing Edge is Soil Gorget. :D
    DE secondary element is wind however, so therefore breeze will still work.