+ Reply to Thread
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Is anyone having trouble zoning?

Today I zoned, from Bastok Markets, to Metalworks, in attempt to OP warp to Beacedine, but my game just hung there, and refused to go past the downloading data screen.

And I restarted and everything , same thing happened. I could login to all my mules, but just metalworks, I was denied. My character was apparently logged out there too.

I had to get my friend to login as me, move me to beauc, then log me out so I can enter. I could zone from Beacu > Dyna Beauc fine, I couldnt enter metalworks.

Then after dynamis was done, I ask a friend for a warp, my HP = bastok markets, and once again it wouldnt get past "Downloading Data" screen.

Has anyone had problems like this in the past? My other mules are fine. Im not interested in Reinstalling >_>

Sea Torques
    BG Level

bunch of people were getting black screens doing DRG/DRK Ix'Aern's in sea tonight and had to restart but it got better when they left area i think.

I had this happen before, I don't know why it happened.. I mean, I do have a piece of shit computer but it was hanging way more than usual.

Kept happening for me when I was trying to OP from Xarcabard to San d'Oria.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

sigh, happened again, going to jeuno by airship. what the FFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffffffffff is wrong -_-

Sea Torques
    BG Level

no problems here, apollyon/bc runs etc.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I found the main reason out from calling my ISP after alot of normal websites timed out, while all the AU websites loaded fine.

Apparently they're having some network problems connecting to international locations. What FFXI's problem was, if I attempted to zone during the "time outs", then FFXI would hang.

What ISP do you use Wafik? I'm starting to think it's not your ISP. (Unless you happen to have Verizon also.) I've had this happening to me alot lately, and like you said, it's been only in town situations. Happens to me in Jeuno, Metalworks (Bastok HP goez) and pretty much anyother town I go to. It does seem like a connection issue though, I notice if Im downloading torrents at the same time, my connection just doesnt have enough to keep POL going, and it just drops it. That may be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    What ISP do you use Wafik? I'm starting to think it's not your ISP. (Unless you happen to have Verizon also.) I've had this happening to me alot lately, and like you said, it's been only in town situations. Happens to me in Jeuno, Metalworks (Bastok HP goez) and pretty much anyother town I go to. It does seem like a connection issue though, I notice if Im downloading torrents at the same time, my connection just doesnt have enough to keep POL going, and it just drops it. That may be it.
    I have verizon as well and noticed it to be running like complete shit the last 2 days is there something wrong?