Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Midgard ATF HNMLS, Gillselling and hypocrisy

If you are considering applying to the linkshell Against The Front on Midgardsormr you may want to consider what I have to say. First of all there are many very nice players in the linkshell, but read on and be warned. The politics of the linkshell are completely perverse and in stark contradiction to the often made claim that ATF is a family. Moreover the rules both unstated, and stated explicitly by the leader are not uniformly applied, and you may be capriciously booted from ATF faster than the gilsellers bot the O. Kote NM in Castle Oztroja.

Furthermore, if you join ATF you will be participating in a linkshell that tacitly supports gilselling, and according to one sacholder, Harlotdragonlady, does not have an explicit policy against players being gilbuyers. Even if you are not opposed to gilselling keep reading if you think you may want to join ATF because you may not want to join a linkshell that you will get kicked from because a fifty year old sacholder is having a bad pms episode, or hot flashes or whatever makes a 50 year old woman go nuts every once in awhile.

After repeated requests from one of my in-game friends I applied to ATF last fall and participated as much as my time allowed. I was reluctant to join a HNMLS because frankly I have heard and read so many negative things about this aspect of ffxi. Of course HNMLs need a number of WHM, my main job but I had been of a mind to follow the ancient proverb that I made up:

“A whitemage needs a HNMLS like a fish needs a bicycle”

However, my friend kept insisting that ATF was “cool” and that participation in events was voluntary. After participating for a couple of weeks I thought that I had found an ethically and honestly run linkshell but much to my disappointment I later found out my initial impression was incorrect.

One problem with ATF is that the rules of the linkshell are not posted, and another problem is that the rules are different for different people. Shortly after I joined, ATF decided to embark on forays into dynamis. I joined to ATF because it was a HNMLS and had no interest in dynamis whatsoever. However I went on the first six runs and decided dynamis completely sucks for whm. Well since I had been told ATF didn’t REQUIRE event participation it shouldn’t be a problem. I posted on the linkshell website that I was not going to go along on dynamis runs and was harshly criticized by harlotdragonlady and less so by a couple of others. Harley pretty much contradicted my assumption about events being not required.

However, the linkshell leader Suuparingo, clarified in that thread “THAT EVENT PARTICIPATION IS VOLUNTARY”. As you will see later this is not true because I was kicked from ATF by Harlotdragonlady within 3 seconds of stating on linkshell chat that I would not be attending any linkshell events that were also going to be attended by a member (Tabin also known as Truthena) that is Harley’s dear friend, and Real Money Trader or RMT or, as is more widely known a gillseller.

Earlier in the day on linkshell chat the members became aware of the fact that Truthena, had sold his account for several hundred dollars because he said he needed the money for school. This became known because the new owner was advertising his Kirin Osode for sale in lower Jeuno so you can imagine that news traveled fast in the LS. Well that was aggravating to learn but other members have left ATF recently and at least one of them said that he was going to sell his account, further polluting the server with more fake high level characters.

So if you are doing anything with Truthena that is a fake character and the person behind Tabin did not level that character either. No doubt when Truth needs some more cash Tabin will be sold because as I was told by linkshell members the character has everything a blackmage needs. And if he will sell a character he leveled to 75 ninja and was awarded the first Kirin Osode ATF won I hope noone reading this is naïve enough to think he wouldn’t sell a character he didn’t level in a heartbeat.

The ATF leadership decided that it was fine for Truthena to continue to be a member of the LS the on the Tabin character acquired from some friend. My immediate response was “What the fuck is going on here, we are allowing someone who does RMT to be a member of the LS” Harlotdragonlady said, well if it was someone new applying we wouldn’t allow it but its Truth so it is OK. I stated that I would have to give serious consideration as to whether or not I could stay and participate in a linkshell that tacitly approved real money trade actions. I am also not overly fond of applying double standards to members of a linkshell group but some people in ATF are apparently even capable of recognizing what a double standard is.

Among several tells that I got was one from Erikshun, a sac holder that said if I left the linkshell that I would be required to return the Nobles Tunic that I had earned and was NOT a coffer item. Having witnessed people in the linkshell distort why another member was recently kicked from the linkshell and not wanting my judgment to be clouded by an item, I went to Port Jeuno and returned the Noble Tunic to Erikshun but also stated that I had not decided whether I was going to stay in ATF or leave.

After thinking things over for a couple of hours and being torn by my adamant disgust of RMT players and genuine fondness of many ATF members I went on the linkshell and said that I would not voluntarily leave ATF but I was not going to participate in linkshell events when Tabin was present.

I was immediately kicked from the linkshell when I made this statement. When I asked Harlotdragonlady she at first said I was kicked because I felt I was better than other members of the linkshell. Then she retreated from this position and said I was kicked because I might be needed at a linkshell event that Tabin was also needed at. So I geuss linkshell event attendance is voluntary unless its an event that is attended by Harlotdragonlady’s gillseller buddy.

So to sum things up so far. In ATF if you are in the inner circle, you can RMT your character including the Kirin Osode that the linkshell won for you. If you are not in the inner circle You cannot complain about this or you are accused of saying you are better than others and kicked from the shell. Also you will recall that Suuparingo said that event participation was not mandatory but I was kicked from the linkshell for stating I would not do events with Tabin(Gillseller).

Later on I asked suup why I was kicked and he said I was kicked for making a demand of the LS. This is a crock of shit because I did not demand the LS kick Tabin I just stated I was not going to do stuff with him. Also I asked why I was awarded the Noble Tunic if they demanded I give it back. Point of clarification, the espoused ATF position is that if you are given an item that is not designated coffer it is yours to keep. Suup said well that it was just a misunderstanding and that I was not required to give it back. That is complete horseshit, Erikshun very plainly stated that if I left the linkshell over this gillselling issue with Truthena that I would have to give back the Noble Tunic.

If it was a misunderstanding Suup and I was not required to give it back like Erikshun demanded why hasn’t it appeared in my mailbox???? Perhaps because you and the sacholders have no sense of honor.

Later on that night I got a tell from Destinee that she logged on to ATF and that harley was running her mouth off and criticizing me. When Destinee stood up for me Harley summarily kicked her as well. This of course meant that Seiken her RL husband would drop his pearl and another recent recruit also told me he felt the whole thing was just complete bullshit and would drop his pearl.

WAY TO GO ATF LEADERSHIP, embrace gillselling and kick honest players from your “family”

Now a number of people in my social linkshell, members NOT kicked from ATF, people kicked from ATF as well as my real life wife said “What the hell is wrong with you?” you should not have given the Noble Tunic back you earned it. Well after seeing the way they recently kicked one of their members that I thought was their long time friend and the way the sac holders and others distorted the situation afterward I really was concerned that if I didn’t give it back they would accuse me of stealing it.

I also had another reason to give the Noble Tunic to Erikshun even though I had not resigned and even not even decided what I was going to do at the time I gave it to him. It was a test of the honor and integrity of ATF to see what they would do. Obviously they failed that test.

A couple of weeks ago while farming in sky, Xephonn and Vincent both got into a rather unpleasant pissing contest with each other. It was one of those annoying arguments that was just bickering and people were telling them both to be quite. No big deal really and like I said it was just a big group of people farming pop items. However, Vincent really was pushing Xephs buttons and at one point I very politely asked Vincent in a tell to stop antagonizing xephonn. My request was ignored and at a break in the action Xeph basically said I have had enough for tonight and warped back. Now he did this when we were not fighting anything and had a crapload more people than you need to farm pop items. Actually I thought it was a good idea for him to break for the night and then to my great surprise he was immediately kicked from the linkshell.

Later on it was stated that he left in the middle of a ls event and that we were in a battle by different people in the ls. That is just such an amazing amount of bullshit that even Hercules could not clean it up.

I honestly feel sorry for some of the members of the linkshell because as long as the Gestapo bitch Harlotdragonlady has Suuparingo by the balls that LS is not going to reach the level of achievement that some of the players deserve. If you say anything that Harley doesn’t like she and her real life son will tell you to STFU and Harley often tells people to shut up or she will break their pearl.

Suuparingo’s unflinching support for Harlotdragonlady is hard for me to figure out. A week ago she went on a 90 minute tirade against Suuparingo on linkshell chat about how ATF was going into decline because of his lack of leadership. She was going on and on and on and on about how Suup would never listen to her or follow any of her ideas or suggestions. She was also predicting doom because a lot of the more experienced linkshell sacholders have left the linkshell in recent months or have just basically left because they are done with ffxi. I was really surprised at the stuff she was saying and thinking, geez if I was Suup I would slap this wench and send her to the Pandavas. I am also surprised that Sour would tolerate that kind of rant against Suup. Sour seems like a take charge kind of person and Harley spent an hour and a half saying Suup is completely mismanaging the linkshell and driving it into the ground. According to Harley, Suup manages the ATF ls like the pointy haired boss in the Dilbert cartoon.

Note to Suup: grow some balls and kick Harley for the sake of the nice people in your linkshell including but by no means limited to zoob, aoinis, skeem, wiggles, solace, solenz deced, lyli, zeph, hutch etc. If you cant grow some balls then put my noble up on the AH and have someone craft you some dual rearview mirrors for your armor so you can at least see the knives that Harlot is throwing at your back.

Ok so lets say that you don’t give a damn about gilselling and buying and are desperate to get in a linkshell to do sky (which the linkshell is very good at) and also want to fail at clearing dynamis (which linkshell not so hot at). I have some good tips for you.

Be aware that linkshell rules are shall we say “fluid”

Here is the really important part, so if you read this far here is your reward. You need to have an operation to get some fish gills in your neck. You will need these because if you want to get along you will need to have your nose so far up Harley’s ass that you will not be able to breathe through your mouth.

I am sure that a few people that I really do like will hate me now for criticizing their linkshell. I really am sorry for that, (in a Bill Clinton sort of way) but hey your linkshell treated me like shit and im pissed. I don’t suffer fools gladly and I don’t suffer gilsellers and gilbuyers at all when I play ffxi.

Drona: WHM and other jobs, tamas ring, rank 10 WINDFIRST, lots of crafts, yada, yada, yada

wall of drama

*reads*

holy sghiut

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    holy sghiut
    That is one of the biggest walls i've seen on these forums.........

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

this is some good drama

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    this is some good drama

Demosthenes11

paraphrase prz

Sea Torques
    BG Level

/wave Drona, long time no see O_O

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

That is just such an amazing amount of bullshit that even Hercules could not clean it up.
    rofl

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I read the drama for like 3 minutes, than scrolled down and saw that huge wall of text left. >_> At least it's well wrote.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

cliff notes please, HNM's pop out of my time so i cant save these for a window or whatever

I miss migard's drama. Haven't been there in awhile. But thats what I get for have a multi server account. But really I've thought ATF were losers for awhile now. Last I checked crimson knights was the popular HNM LS that everyone wanted to join but that was awhile ago. I wonder how Valor is holding up also. I do know that little over a month ago some endgame LS died out because of a corrupt officer who basically ran off with everything. Forgot what there name was but anyway yeah migards drama owns even through thats really all I find going to that server fun for.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Poor Tabin. That character has been bought and sold so many times, his legacy has been tarnished.

Fun fact: Tabin was leader of GameOver, the first "big" NA HNM LS... also first NA LS to kill Kirin.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

good potential here. :D

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I read the drama for like 3 minutes, than scrolled down and saw that huge wall of text left. >_> At least it's well wrote.
    This isn't a wall-o-text. This was done very nicely.

Bravo!

magavok

I just want to clear up some of the drama. I'm in atf and yea people lie tell fake stuff all the time on game off game. I play to have fun Tabin was an account my friend left me and is still mine i let truth use it from time to time to say hi etc... the account is still mine and will stay mine and will be deleted when i decide to quit so please your feud with atf and truth can u keep it personal and not about my char as if its truths i dont want to hop on it and not get a pt invite cause they think im some big bad boogy man from your feud. or get hate tells whn i try to craft some food for my rng I understand you had a bad time man but people are gunna do what they want to dont let a game that in 2 years you wont even play anymore get you worked up to a point where u get stressed.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

shut up

Someone want to summarize that first post into about five lines of text for me?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

someone found out ppl in his LS rmt and the leaders turn a blind eye, the leaders also are douchebags who just kick people who dont agree with them or someone who has a fight, sounds like my last LS just without the rmt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    someone found out ppl in his LS rmt and the leaders turn a blind eye, the leaders also are douchebags who just kick people who dont agree with them or someone who has a fight, sounds like my last LS just without the rmt.
    Nice. Thanks.