Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Bahamut (Round 2) .. Notes/Spoilers/Screenshots

Ever since this BC was released I have been wanting to do it, but most of my linkshell was stuck early stages of Chapter 8. Finally almost every member is clear for and we decided to try it. At this point we had 5 orbs.. but one is on a member who is on 8-3, but we have another Ouryu pop item which we will use today for another Monarch's Orb.

We made a total of 3 attempts at this BC last time.. and each one was better then the other. Since we had almost no information on this, it was basically all trail and error.

Attempt #1
    We got Bahamut to 80% almost instantly because he is no stronger then the first form. He decided to spawn Vrtra as the first wyrm and as you know from previous topics he is the most deadly out of the other wyrms in this BC. We didn't time nuke him so his HP went down fast but he charmed almost all BLM and raped the others using the charmed people. He was at 5%, but he has 1% per second regen so it was impossible to take him down. We gave up and just waited to be kicked out to try again.

Attempt #2
    He spawned Ouryu at 80% and this thing is really a push over. He spawns his normal mobs around, but one at time and you should only see one total if you kill him as fast as you should.

At 60% he spawned Tiamat and did his first Gigaflare which we survived. Tiamat was as much of a joke as Ouryu and didn't last longer then 10 seconds. We were so excited to keep going. We continued to get Bahamut down to 40%. He spawned Vrtra again and this time he was more brutal then last time. We got it to 15% and wiped again.

Attempt #3
    This attempt was pretty much the winning one except for a small mistake. He spawned Tiamat first.. this time we didnt use Invicible and still raped it, but it wasnt as fast. He followed by spawning Vrtra next. This time we had one more person for damage (a smn) and killed it easily. We were so happy cause Vrtra was our only real threat. We continued to take it to 40% and he spawned Ouryu which we killed fast aswell. It was left to take down Jormungand.. he spawned with Gigaflare.. one tank was already weakened from another one and so another tank died.. this was really no problem. The weakened tank that was asked to voke Jorm and position him made a mistake and kited instead.. we werent able to chainspell stun Jorm cause he kept moving out of range. BLMs managed to get jorm to 40%... he bloodweapon and regen back to 80%.. then BLM got him to 5% and he flailed cause it was hectic. That was the end. If it was executed correctly Jorm would have died easily. We gave up for the night after this one and going to attempt again today.

Now.. for details! These are spoilers so don't read this if you want to find this out yourself.

Bahamut
    He is really a joke himself. All his weapon skills hardly do any damage except Flares which you can somewhat avoid. He is just as strong as the one in the first BC so I recommend practicing on him. The only thing you should stun on him is Firaga IV and when tanks are really low or stun Gigaflare if you tanks arn't ready to eat it. If you stun a Flare he will still try to do it again and he builds resist to stun fast so don't use it unless you need it.

Bahamut spawns every 20% a random Wyrm so at 80% 60% 40% and 20%. I would say the order of threat from these wyrms is Vrtra > Jormungand > Ouryu & Tiamat. They all have enough 10,000 HP and can't be slept.

Bahamut uses a Flare every 10%.

90% -> Megaflare
    80% -> Megaflare
    70% -> Megaflare
    60% -> Gigaflare
    50% -> Gigaflare
    40% -> Gigaflare
    30% -> Gigaflare
    20% -> Gigaflare
    10% -> Gigaflare

And according to a certain LS he does a Terraflare at 1%, but I have no confirmation on this. They say they wiped because he spams it. If this is true I recommend stunning this while BLM zerg him down.

You can Stun his flares, but he will do them once he is unstunned. He will only use one every 10% so you can easily predict it. I recommend having the tank without hate to run away when he says the message before flare cause having both tanks possibly die is not a good idea.

He constantly casts Shell V on himself and the only way to dispel him is RDM/BLM using Pluto/Dark Staff. We tried using RDM/WHM and he got resisted most of the time. You must get this dispelled!

UPDATE: Forgot to mention this.. you can stand away from all AOE and still be in range of Bahamut. No one should be infront of him except tanks because flares one 180% degrees I think infront of him. So if you are far and behind you will be safe. Make your tanks wear as much HP as possible cause Gigaflare can do up to 1500 damage and you have to survive it!

I think thats about it for Bahamut himself.

Vrtra
    He is the biggest threat I would have to say. What is so bad about him is he spams Charm as his 2hr and can charm multiple people. I think he can charm about 4 at once, but it might be up to 6. What we did to make this a clean kill is we had a SMN use Garuda on him to take him down a few % then RDM/DRK started Chainspell stun and then BLM time nuked him with Thundaga III. This brought him down to 30-40% I believe and then they followed with Thunder IV. The RDM and PLD both got charmed from hate so enough BLM were standing to finish him. He does spawn his normal pets, but rather slow and they shouldn't be a problem because Thundaga III should kill the only one that pops in the time span it should take to kill Vrtra.

Jormungand
    Chainspell stun is recommended for this aswell because he has Paralyze-ga and uses Blood Weapon which gives him a lot of HP back. As long as you chainspell him and time nuke him you will have no problems at all with him.

Tiamat
    He is very easy as long as you stun his Firaga and have tank live long enough for the timed nukes to land. There is really nothing special about him besides that. If you want to make this clean then you Invincbile then no one will die at all.

Ouryu
    He is probably the easiest one out of all the of the wyrms just like with the real ones. Just make sure you are using Blizzard and not Thunder on him. He might do Break-ga but you can eat it and still live easily. He spawns his normal adds but out of the 2 times he spawned we only saw 1 add each time because we killed him fast, he spawned Earth Elemental second time and Ziryu first time.

As you can see all the wyrms are pretty easy can can be killed with 2 rounds of nukes. All the wyrms spawn in the same spots each time. Most of them are in the same spot, but Tiamat spawns very near entrance.

The setup we had if anyone was wondering was.

Bahamut Party
    NIN/WAR NIN/WAR BRD/WHM WHM/SMN SMN/WHM RDM/BLM

Wyrm PT #1
    BRD/WHM BLM/RDM BLM/RDM BLM/RDM BLM/RDM RDM/DRK

Wyrm PT #2
    RDM/DRK WHM/SMN PLD/NIN BLM/RDM BLM/RDM BLM/RDM
    We will be using Reviler's Helm on the next run for safety, but not required.

I think that is about it. This plan works easily for Bahamut as long as executed correctly. When we had Bahamut at 17% and Jorm wiped us we had 20min remaining the BC and that includes having tanks die at 50% to Gigaflare and kiting it for recovery so there is more then enough time to win.

I decided to post this to get more people interested in winning this and because no one else seems to be talking about this BC. If anyone has any better ideas for winning this please post. If you have any questions feel free to ask. If anything is unclear please tell me because I typed this fast while looking at my other screen for Boroka lol.

If we win today I will be sure to post about it!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sexy useful information.

Forgot to add.. Melee are completely useless in this BC.. lolz

Screenshots prs.

This is all I have.. sorry but hectic in the BC. I will ask any LS members if they got any.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Cheering you on from siren Stan! Go Go 4th Try!

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

nice post
    I'm calling a GM on you though because those charmed people are mpking you guys !!

gl with round 4

Melee isn't completely useless, we've gotten 2nd stage Bahamut down to 16-17% with WAR WAR SAM and then 5 BLMs. One fragmentation SC plus 5 Thundaga 3 knocks out about 20% HP on Bahamut if everything is unresisted.

Shit always seems to go wrong with Vrtra. We've had one attempt where it died in 15 seconds, and the others where someone missed the MB, didn't use ES, or had their damage become split because they Ga nuked while a skelleton was out.

My LS wants to keep trying to fight Bahamut straight up in a drawn out fight, but I want to use one of our orbs for a massive zerg.

3 DRK/NINs, 5 WARs, 2 MNKs, 2 BRD, 4 RDM/DRKs, and then 4 BLMs

Bahamut really don't seem to have much HP, but it's probably best to test this strategy on the NQ one first since it seems to be pretty similar in HP, defense, and resist rates.

The strat above works and is a winning strat. I recommend you try it. Considering you tanks have defending rings... and galka to top it off you should have less trouble then we did. Gigaflare killing a tank is very bad.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

How many summons did Vrtra get out on each attempt?

Depending on your strategy, he really shouldn't have a chance to summon any. If he summons more than one you're probably about to make a full wipe.

In the time we killed him he got out only one and it got raped by Thundaga before it got to move.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

We normally go for more versatile attempts at killing stuff, and I do see it as being a little dangerous, but I'd probably drop two blms and add in two sams.

If it still takes two rounds per wyrm, you can easily get off two per, and if you're lucky... SA Yuki/Gekko on the tail during chainspell stun.

Xavier

I'll just take 15 drk/nins w/ kraken and ridill and a whm in each party to benediction when their hp gets low and kill Bahamut in 30 seconds.

Won't work cause of flares and his other AOEs that cause petrify or stun

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav
    Won't work cause of flares and his other AOEs that cause petrify or stun
    sarcasm is lost on you

I know you were kidding... just saying why it wouldnt work lol

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I hate this BC it's eaten like 20k of my xp

It ate 8k of mine last night
    fun as hell though

Predictably Unpredictable
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Tried this last night in my LS.. We got it down to 74%, killed Ouryu when it was summoned.. but we couldn't do much damage to Bahamut itself with just BLM. Dispel/Finale kept getting resisted by the RDMs and BRDs and tier3 nukes doing anywhere from 0-80ish damage, tier4 doing 0-350ish. Had problems with hate since we were using PLD/NIN and we ended up getting kicked out due to time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast