+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland
    Quote Originally Posted by Surealistic
    once i saw it was BET, i closed it

BET has got to be the worst channel ever, they advocate anti racism, yet you can count the white people on the channel with one hand, can we say hypocrite?
    Lets think about this. The channel's target demographic is obviously black americans. It is in BET's best interest to have black americans at the forefront to better identify with there demographic. This is similar to the Country Music Channel to have a redneck in a cowboy hat as their front man...to better identify with their target demographic.

Also, how many white applicants do you think they get? Probably not too many. Its like the NHL. Not many black players in the NHL are there? Is it because the NHL is racist and does not want black players? No. It is because there aren't very many black hockey players to begin with. BET is the same way. They more than likely do not have very many white applicants to hire.

Furtheremore, and this goes back to my first point.....how many of BET's employees do you actually see? I would say less than 10%, hell, probably less than 5%. For all we know, the anchorman and reporters on BET News are the only black people on that show...and the entire crew off set is hispanic. Likely, no. Possible, yes. Unless you actually work there, you have no idea how many non-black employees they have. One cannot call BET racist unless one is an HR representative for BET and can prove that the company continually rejects qualified applicants simply because they are not black.
    I like you.

damn i thought "Relatively, Blacks are environmental Good Samaritans." was funny, but after reading the thread, my quote fails.

Anyone who watches BET should be ashamed of themselves. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Demios
    Your probably so white your transparent.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Klever
    is that really an insult?

I dunno being a pasty-white kid who lives at home with your suburbanite parents talking shit about black people cause none live within 100 miles of you doesnt seem so cool to me.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Only those of us from The Chocolate City should be allowed to reply here.

New Merits
    BG Level

I dunno being a pasty-white kid who lives at home with your suburbanite parents talking shit about black people cause none live within 100 miles of you doesnt seem so cool to me.
    BET does not mean black people. BET is a network that promotes self-segregation of black people. There are black movies, black music, black news. They create the kind of "separate but equal" mentality that the US had between slavery and the civil rights movement.

The comment that BET watchers should be ashamed of themselves is because they are accepting that there is something fundamentally different about the brain of a black person that they need to have their own special entertainment network, instead of all kinds of human beings being able to enjoy all sorts of different kinds of movies/music/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumm
    BET does not mean black people. BET is a network that promotes self-segregation of black people. There are black movies, black music, black news. They create the kind of "separate but equal" mentality that the US had between slavery and the civil rights movement.

The comment that BET watchers should be ashamed of themselves is because they are accepting that there is something fundamentally different about the brain of a black person that they need to have their own special entertainment network, instead of all kinds of human beings being able to enjoy all sorts of different kinds of movies/music/whatever.
    Owned.

Owned? You fucking nerds. Who gives a flying fuck if they want their own network? Does it inflict in any way on your white lifestyle? No? Then why is it bad that they watch it?

Fox News is equally as bad but its ok to watch that? Seriously do you even know what a double-standard is? Your comments are from someone who has never probably seen racism in your entire life so you say "hey, we all need to be equal man, blacks cant have their own station..." WHO GIVES A FUCK? This is the problem with this attitude that is held by white people and no one else, that they have to for some reason give a shit what black people want to watch. Let them have their own station I dont think they are gonna protest you watching Friends.

Fox News is equally as bad but its ok to watch that?
    Fox News? wtf...when was Fox News anything racial? Its a news station, not something that segregates itself to a particular race. I don't see the relation.

This is the problem with this attitude that is held by white people and no one else, that they have to for some reason give a shit what black people want to watch. Let them have their own station I dont think they are gonna protest you watching Friends
    Noone said we gave a shit what a black person watches. What Chumm did say though was correct, that making an "All Black Network" only enforces what the "racist whites" think. That you are different, you think different, you enjoy equally different things on a completely racial level. And that's just not correct. You are your environment, and you are who you are as a person. Once you start stereotyping yourself, and letting your own people stereotype who you already are, you've already lost the whole point.

Did you even read anything Chumm said? Lol I probably know more about racism then you do. I'm white and live in a strictly black neighborhood, play basketball with ALL black people on a day-to-day basis, guys who I normally would shy away from on the street. They treat me differently while on the court and there's a feeling of respect that isnt out there when Im just another white guy on the street. Don't downplay what Chumm has to say, because you dont know what he's gone through, and what he's seen.

Owned? You fucking nerds. Who gives a flying fuck if they want their own network? Does it inflict in any way on your white lifestyle? No? Then why is it bad that they watch it?
    I said owned, because basically it completely disproved what you were trying to say. Don't play the "nerd" card when you're also here posting on a video game forum, amongst many others who are able to express their opinion more eloquently then yourself. Chumm stated that it had nothing to do with how BET effects the "white lifestyle" but how it effects their own race negatively, by self-segregation.

No, it really doesnt. For some reason you think it does and you really care about it, but it doesnt do any of the things you just said. Not anymore than any other station.

No, it really doesnt. For some reason you think it does and you really care about it, but it doesnt do any of the things you just said. Not anymore than any other station.
    Not more then anyother station? Maybe. But anything or ANYBODY that tries to classify something as black, or white...is already attempting to put that dividing line between specific races. Something that will end only in isolation and racism. It's not so much the outright racism that is a danger in America, but the underlying messages in so many things, that teaches us to hate eachother, and to be different from eachother, for no reason whatsoever.

I'm not trying to bash BET specifically, but it IS the subject of this topic, and its why Chumm and later myself decided to comment on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Quote Originally Posted by Chumm

Owned.

Demosthenes11

The moment WET is put on TV is when everyone starts saying racists, THAT is the double standard.

Black people are allowed to call white people crackers, yet white people are not allowed to say ni66a.

Affirmative action is an anti-racism movement that is racist in itself.

Random fact here:
    When black people, asians, and hispanics were polled on if people were normally racist to them, blacks said 70% of people are racist toward asians and hispanics, whereas only 30% of asians and hispanics said people were racist to them.

All this from a book chapter titled "Blacks are more racist that whites," written by a black guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    The moment WET is put on TV is when everyone starts saying racists, THAT is the double standard.

Black people are allowed to call white people crackers, yet white people are not allowed to say ni66a.

Random fact here:
    When black people, asians, and hispanics were polled on if people were normally racist to them, blacks said 70% of people are racist toward asians and hispanics, whereas only 30% of asians and hispanics said people were racist to them.

All this from a book chapter titled "Blacks are more racist that whites," written by a black guy.
    QFFT.

Black guy: Shut up cracker ass honky.
    White guy: No you shut up nigga
    Masses: OMG RACIST WHITES

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Did you also know that the Cristina on Telemundo is the leader of the Latino Anti-White movement?

Just like there are "chick flicks" and "guy movies", people use "black" simply as a descriptive term.
    Regardless of all the "We Are The World" shit, the types of humor, music, movies, and shows broadcasted
    on the network are labeled "black" and created to appeal to an urban "black" audience. Don't confuse
    "noting racial differences" with "being racist". Just because something is labeled "black" or "white" doesn't mean
    that it's an attempt to cause some kind of racial dissent; it's simply a means of classification based on race.

BET doesn't spew racist propaganda. It's not about "self-segregation" It's not about causing division between
    whites and blacks or about "black people's brains" being different. It's about collaborating and giving showcase
    to "popular black entertainment." All BET attempts to do is cater to the demand for such programming by making
    it all available on one channel. Anyone who has even kept the channel on the tube for more than 10 min knows this.

Yes, BET's news is 100 times shittier than Fox's, and I'm not advocating that blacks don't find "other" types of
    entertainment to be enjoyable. Hell, I'm not even saying half the things on BET are even worth watching, but where
    is the shame in watching a channel DESIGNED to enjoyable to a (my) targeted demographic? Isn't that's how ALL
    television stations work so they make money?

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11

Random fact here:
    When black people, asians, and hispanics were polled on if people were normally racist to them, blacks said
    70% of people are racist toward asians and hispanics, whereas only 30% of asians and hispanics said people
    were racist to them.

Where I'm from, calling a white man a cracker ques up the same Mortal Kombat theme as calling a black man a nigger.

If minorities could have gotten jobs they were qualified for but were passed over because of their race, a
    thing like Affirmative Action wouldn't have been created. Please don't be so naive as to not know which race is
    in the best position to obtain high level, high pay jobs, and please don't be so naive as to think people get where
    they get on their qualifications alone. If I can't get a job because I'm black, that's fucked up. If I can get a
    job because I'm black, but am not qualified for it, that's fucked up too.

Affirmative Action fails where it fails and succeeds where it succeeds. As a proud black man, I say "Affirmative
    Action is wrong." As a smart black man, I say "Sign me the fuck up."

I'm potty-mouthed today...

<Captain Obvious> you people havent seen dave chappelle's or carlos mencia's show/stand up

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Let us all watch TV and hate on everyone else for their demographic's channel~

...I don't get the gay channel? WTF YOU ASSHOLES

Quite the opposite old chap.
    Nail on the head.

Fox News is equally as bad but its ok to watch that? Seriously do you even know what a double-standard is? Your comments are from someone who has never probably seen racism in your entire life so you say "hey, we all need to be equal man, blacks cant have their own station..." WHO GIVES A FUCK? This is the problem with this attitude that is held by white people and no one else, that they have to for some reason give a shit what black people want to watch. Let them have their own station I dont think they are gonna protest you watching Friends.
    Ironically you come off as more ignorant of the issues you spout than than anyone here.