Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jailer Difficulty     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Jailer Difficulty

Just wondering what is required for each of the jailers, how many people, which jobs etc... I can't find very much information out about this stuff.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

temperance can be tricky, got our HP low quite often when his optic induration goes off (yay for meiko shisui). Fortitude is quite easy with 2x nin and 1 whm 1 rdm , when both his pets are dead, just a long fight since melee hit for 0-4 dmg Spirits within and magic are good on him. Uhh that's about all i fought.

To kill AV: You need to have 5 tarutaru melee's subbing whm use each of the jailer weapons on Absolute Virtue while periodically casting cure on AV, standing on their heads and chugging down as much alcohol as possible.

However if at ANY TIME any of those taru move within 5 feet of each other, you MUST all each eat a melon pie as fast as possible and sing the national anthem of your respective nation.

If any of this is not followed down to the letter, or not during a full moon on earthsday, you have failed and must kill yourself.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tilo
    To kill AV: You need to have 5 tarutaru melee's subbing whm use each of the jailer weapons on Absolute Virtue while periodically casting cure on AV, standing on their heads and chugging down as much alcohol as possible.

However if at ANY TIME any of those taru move within 5 feet of each other, you MUST all each eat a melon pie as fast as possible and sing the national anthem of your respective nation.

If any of this is not followed down to the letter, or not during a full moon on earthsday, you have failed and must kill yourself.
    AV isn't a Jailer, silly.

Jailers

Last night my ls finally poped temperance for the first time. The first part was rough, and a few people died, and we kited in the circular area while we recovered. Understanding what is weak to is the key to killing temperance. Magic does nothing to him, and knowning which damage to melee, at the right times is the key to beating temperance. Also like lordwafik said, Optical induration is nasty, frontal cone attack with knock back, that petrifies. We've also poped fortitude, he's not very hard, Nin's own him. He is the opposite of temperance, melee hits do very very little, but magic is the key to winning. Thats all my ls has done so far, but we got our first virtue off temperance so looking forward to kill more sea NM's in the future.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Alot of the Jailer fights are actually kinda fun. (*'-') Too bad SE is retarded and doesn't like pop items to drop 100% or have any real good drops regardless.

Too bad it takes a month to get a Jailer of Love pop set and when you kill it, Absolute Virtue doesn't pop. That and you have zero chance at beating AV even if it does spawn.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Temperance: The fight can be pretty short if you know what you're doing. If you can swap out melees as he switches modes. Slashing you want WARs, DRKs, SAMs, etc. Blunt is MNKs. Piercing is RNGs, THFs, and DRGs (lol). SMNs own the crap out of him when he's in Blunt or Slashing mode cuz Mountian Buster and P. Claws can get some high numbers. Unfortunately there's no piercing BP. WARs who have multiple weapons are good for this fight. He doesn't have that high HP, so you can straight tank him and just unload if you're confident. Kiting is obviously safer since Zdeis have Optical Induration as others have already said and a bunch of annoying AoEs.

Fortitude: As said, he's opposite of Temperance. Kite it and use BLMs and SMNs for damage. Nuke down the two grahs and then nuke down fortitude. SMNs use Nether Blast. It's a pretty straightforward fight. If hate gets kind of bouncy, then have your BLMs not nuke so hard.

Faith: Kite fight, but he's pretty squishy. He's like Kirin in that you unload SC him when he stops to cast something. Only thing to note is it helps to have a WHM or two outside of alliance so they don't get hit with Breakga if it does get off and can cast stona.

Hope: Tank it with 2 NINs and have melee /THF to SATA them. Keep barthundara up. NINs keep echo drops for voiceless storm.

Justice: No clue. We just got our first Ix'DRK deed, so hopefully we'll be spawning this guy soon. I hear it's like Bomb Queen.

Prudence: I didn't actually fight this guy with my linkshell, but with a linkshell made up of people from many different linkshells on Titan that farm Sea. I was farming Euvhis and someone asked me to help so I came along for the ride. When you pop him, two copies will spawn. A bunch of NINs will hold one while everyone focuses on the second. At some point they will begin to teleport around and just randomly hit people, often one shotting mages. Eventually one will just disappear completely and be untargettable. At this point everyone focuses on the one that's still up. When it's dead, pull Hpemde mobs and have blms cast -aga on them. The aoe will hit the invisible prudence. It's the stupidest possible thing, but it works. BTW, Ix'DRG is a slut.

Alot of the Jailer fights are actually kinda fun. (*'-') Too bad SE is retarded and doesn't like pop items to drop 100% or have any real good drops regardless.
    Yeah, the fights are fun. In addition to the pop items not being 100%, I hate how the ???s move. You waste so much time navigating Garden and Palace. When that many people are skipping around the grahs and zdeis, someone is bound to pull some kind of aggro.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tilo

No, no, its much simpler than that!

AV is only defeatable on a 0% new moon darksday. :wink:

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

as demon said we are a buff LS on leviathan and we killed tempernce and fortitude recently, our pt setup for them was:

pld
    pld
    nin
    whm
    rdm
    rdm

sam
    drg
    drg
    sam
    rng
    whm

whm
    whm
    brd
    blm
    rdm
    rdm

also we had the following people outside alliance to switch in when people died (and they did lol)

whm
    pld
    pld
    pld
    rng
    pld
    pld
    mnk
    mnk
    blm
    blm
    rdm
    pld

temperance was really easy we just switched melee in to match the modes (no poles we bring smaurai and use gekko for frag chain and thundaga burst, vertical poles our pimp monks hundred fisted and took like 15% of his life easy. i think in the end only had like 8 deaths because of that petrify crap and was kinda laggy

fortitude was even easier once we got hang of it, blm would elemental seal and sleepga the jailer and that would sleep the spider things and then shields were down for skillchain and thundaga burst, a lot of people kept dying b/c jailer would sleep us and then thundaga III us for a bunch (like king behemoth does with thunderbolt meteor to LS that fight him, we never did yet never enough on)

haven't tried faith yet we're waiting til we have like 12 whm on so each person can get stona fast ftw

Old Merits
    BG Level

can someone say zerg.... 12 WHM... You can kill those jailers with less than an alliance each...

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wait <_> You did a Thundaga Burst on Temperance? When my LS has killed it we never really bothered with skillchains but I thought he was totally immune to magic damage.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

i'm sorry but you shouldn't post on something you know nothing about; if you were a good LS like us you'd know more about jailers and their weaknesses

it kinda sucked we could have fought faith but 2/3 of the LS was doing dumb crap like levellin other jobs and wouldn't come help us fight

usually getting to camps is pretty easy because we just callforhelp on ghrah aggro and kill fast, one time had to have pld invincible b/c we somehow had 2 ghrah at same time and one cast thunder IV for a shitload

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic
    A bunch of NINs will hold one while everyone focuses on the second. At some point they will begin to teleport around and just randomly hit people, often one shotting mages. Eventually one will just disappear completely and be untargettable. At this point everyone focuses on the one that's still up. When it's dead, pull Hpemde mobs and have blms cast -aga on them.
    The one and only time I killed Prudance with my former LS we had a Thief train one away and it just dissapeared without doing any damage. We killed one, got the drops and then the other was nowhere to be found.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonrain
    i'm sorry but you shouldn't post on something you know nothing about; if you were a good LS like us you'd know more about jailers and their weaknesses

it kinda sucked we could have fought faith but 2/3 of the LS was doing dumb crap like levellin other jobs and wouldn't come help us fight

usually getting to camps is pretty easy because we just callforhelp on ghrah aggro and kill fast, one time had to have pld invincible b/c we somehow had 2 ghrah at same time and one cast thunder IV for a shitload
    A Good LS needs 12 WHMs for Faith?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Temperance is completely immune to magic damage and he's immune to forms of melee damage throughout the fight: slashing > piercing > blunt...etc.

Fortitude has Reflect on before you kill his Kf'ghrahs, which is why you got your asses kicked by trying to Sleepga II everything

and yeah, you dont need 10 PLDs and 12 WHMs to kill tier 1 jailers, if it takes you that many people to kill them you need to re-evaluate your strategies because they obviously arent working, i've killed 5 jailers excluding Love and Prudence, none of them are difficult if you know what you're doing...Prudence is a glitch fest and Love is a little hard, but the other 5 dont take more than an alliance to kill

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

temperance was really easy we just switched melee in to match the modes (no poles we bring smaurai and use gekko for frag chain and thundaga burst
    ok...so...first of all
    HOLY FUCKING ZERG ARMY, YOU MAKE THE FRENCH LS ON MY SERVER the one who sits their entire linkshell on top of nidhogg while my ls is fighting it... SEEM LIKE NON-ZERGS

now that I got that out of the way:
    Temperance takes 0 magic damage. I dont see how TGA3 MB's will work, since they do zero damage.

but, ok...lets go by the slim chance that Temperance takes magic dmg if its MBed, which I highly doubt, but anyways...that would make its chameleon physical resistance moot since WS's that do 0 dmg can still get a SC effect, so you wouldnt need to swap people in and out.

I call BS on this guy.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

/doubt he's killed jailers or even has sea access given these strategies he claims to use, its like tanking KB straight up with 90 people waiting to switch in if someone dies.

*sigh* i wish my LS had that many people with sea access =/

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur
    *sigh* i wish my LS had that many people with sea access =/
    Trust me, you don't.

Banned.

BG Level