Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

try to hit 75 with people you don't know and just bust it out without saying anything.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    try to hit 75 with people you don't know and just bust it out without saying anything.
    Impossible, even the JPs know me on my server

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Lesseee...

100 Byne Billx4, that equates to 40 mill gil right now if I understand correctly? (Current bazaar price on Remora for 1 byne bill appears to be 100k per)

Relic steel, eh, I've seen that freelotted in my current group.
    Twinthread, Tarasque skin

Looking at that, getting stage 2 Katana doesn't sound all -that- hard.

Wakizashi, Sakurafubuki, Kabutowari, what is the prices on L. Jadeshells, average over servers? Remora in particular if anyone knows?

I guess it all looks daunting. It'd be difficult no matter what... but it seems like a bold quest and something challenging enough to hold my interest. Not that I expect anyone to take me seriously at this point. I'm just trying to judge if I was largely buying my way to stage 3, how much gil would I end up spending?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Arokh
    Lesseee...

100 Byne Billx4, that equates to 40 mill gil right now if I understand correctly? (Current bazaar price on Remora for 1 byne bill appears to be 100k per)

Wakizashi, Sakurafubuki, Kabutowari, what is the prices on L. Jadeshells, average over servers? Remora in particular if anyone knows?

I guess it all looks daunting. It'd be difficult no matter what... but it seems like a bold quest and something challenging enough to hold my interest. Not that I expect anyone to take me seriously at this point. I'm just trying to judge if I was largely buying my way to stage 3, how much gil would I end up spending?
    The next upgrade is for 1h Katana is :

Wakizashi
    Kabutowari
    Sakurafubuki
    L. Jadeshell x 16

Which turns it into a Rogetsu.

L.jadeshell x 16, if we go by your remoran prices of 100k per 1 peice...
    1600 x 100k = 160,000,000g

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Lesseee...

Wakizashi
    Kabutowari
    Sakurafubuki
    L. Jadeshell x 16

and you're barely 1/10th of the way there !

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Lesseee...

Wakizashi
    Kabutowari
    Sakurafubuki
    L. Jadeshell x 16

and you're barely 1/10th of the way there !
    EXACTLY.

Anyone asking how much it would cost to buy their way to stage 3 seriously needs to not upgrade as you have no comprehension the amount of time/money/dedication a relic takes.

I reallly wish really wish SE would let you back out a weapon that has been upgraded before the attestation stage. Even 50% back would save so much from all those ppl that upgraded to stage 2 or 3 only to quit.

My LS has about 5 ppl upgrading who have completed stage 3 or higher. We rotate who sponsors basically. The furthest is lvl 4 GA w/ ~2000/10000 for completion.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

You sound as if that's supposed to scare me somehow? I had already figured out that it was going to be around 160 mill. But I also realize that if I ever even hope to have a glimmer of chance at obtaining Kikoku I need to consider going this route before I'll possible gather enough support from others to help me get there. Alas, it's a future goal.

But what's your real reason for trying to scare off every person with a dream, to soften your own bottom line to get one yourself? I asked a question, that doesn't mean I didn't realize the enormity of the goal or the question I asked. I simply was looking for exact numbers as I was unsure.

The points been had, the goal of obtaining a relic is absurdly difficult, and something not to be taken lightly. But you simply assume one takes it lightly. If I do not look into the actual facts and things I must accomplish to obtain my goal, how do I ever work towards it to begin with. Your logic in bashing those asking such questions is flawed at best.

In any case, at my current rate of income, and with the way inflation is on Remora, if I spent gil on nothing else I could work up 200 mill in about 3-4 months time to simply outright buy my way to be on stage 3. Which, well, that's not an out of the question goal for myself. I want it that bad, and I'm completely capable of making that kind of gil if I put forth the effort. Is there a problem with that?

I understand there's plenty of people that just randomly decide they'll try and fail. I understand that there's plenty of people that fail to understand the true difficult and how big of a burden they're taking on when saying they'll get relic 5. I'm not one of those people. Knowing all that I know about it's difficulty, the rarity, and just the rough and beaten path I have in front of me serves only to strengthen my resolve and want to accomplish such a thing.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

But what's your real reason for trying to scare off every person with a dream, to soften your own bottom line to get one yourself? I asked a question, that doesn't mean I didn't realize the enormity of the goal or the question I asked. I simply was looking for exact numbers as I was unsure.
    Youre not on my server...
    so whatever you upgrade to stage 3 then go "LOL THIS IS GAY FUCK SE" after having invested 2k worth of currency is no matter to me.

However, if you have a dream, Martin Luther King, make sure you work for it. Because there are other people on your server who have that dream, and some are more dedicated at it...and that 2k currency that's lost because you stopped pursuing your dream fucks over someone who is dedicated.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

In any case, at my current rate of income, and with the way inflation is on Remora, if I spent gil on nothing else I could work up 200 mill in about 3-4 months time to simply outright buy my way to be on stage 3. Which, well, that's not an out of the question goal for myself. I want it that bad, and I'm completely capable of making that kind of gil if I put forth the effort. Is there a problem with that?
    Im not trying to offend you, but i dont think you know how much all 4 stages of upgrading cost.

If we go by remoran currency :

First Upgrade :
    4x 100 byne : 40,000,000 gil

Second Upgrade :
    16 x L.Jadeshell : 160,000,000 gil

Third Upgrade :
    61 x M.Silverpeice : 610,000,000 gil

Fourth Upgrade :
    100 x 100 byne : 1,000,000,000 gil

It's a much longer process than you think it is, sure you can farm up 160m over a few months, but after you do that stage, you'll be overwhelmed. upgrade2 is 4x upgrade1, upgrade 3 is almost 4x upgrade2.

In addition to the currencies, your Dynamis LS also has to then defeat some of the most challenging NM's in FFXI, to get the attestation rare/ex items , to combine with your weapon when talking to the goblin. The attestation mobs (used for third upgrade) are very annoying, you can kill them and sometimes they wont drop the attestation for your weapon.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

and thats exactly why I hate relics, and never plan to make one.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Im not trying to offend you, but i dont think you know how much all 4 stages of upgrading cost.

First Upgrade :

Second Upgrade :

Third Upgrade :

Fourth Upgrade :

It's a much longer process than you think it is, sure you can farm up 160m over a few months, but after you do that stage, you'll be overwhelmed. upgrade2 is 4x upgrade1, upgrade 3 is almost 4x upgrade2.

In addition to the currencies, your Dynamis LS also has to then defeat some of the most challenging NM's in FFXI, to get the attestation rare/ex items , to combine with your weapon when talking to the goblin. The attestation mobs (used for third upgrade) are very annoying, you can kill them and sometimes they wont drop the attestation for your weapon.
    but i'll just sponser all my runs for 2 years to make it work!

but by that time i'll be done with college, out of this state, and working a career job probably.

ffxi huh?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Right now I'm 1500/6000 Stage 3 -> Stage 4 Relic Axe.

I've spent 135mil on currency and drop my entire monthly gil into my relic 20-30mil (still leave some for crafting next month).

If you are not stage 3+ you have NO idea how absurdly difficult it is to upgrade without direct ls sponsorship. My ls has no sponsorship but about 10 people lotting on coins every dynamis (I'm going to upgrade slowly) people every run. So I end up with like 4 - 15 coins, the same as the stage 2 red mages that have been upgrading for like a year and refuse to buy anything.

People just don't get it at all, they see stage 1 and 2 and don't realize that to hit stage 3 you need to work your ass off. I have sold everything that isn't rare/ex or cheap on my char, I've set my priorities, and I've argued with my ls about this subject. I still get a bit mad about it especially when you see a blm lot against you or get a 100 shell >.> like wtf.

This is actually the second time I hit stage 3, I gave away all my currency when I quit the game, before I came back. I have set up an expected completion date in a little over a year from now.

Personal advice:

DO NOT UPGRADE ANYTHING WITH A STAGE 3 -> 4 tuku without direct ls support. This really is death for any relic upgrade. Why? Relic horn stage 4.

If you really want it, get ready to fight every member in your ls til you change the rules so people can actually complete something.

Get ready to make sacrifices for priority lots, be willing to sell all your goodies, and spend all your gil on it.

Learn to love rare/ex gear.

New Merits
    BG Level

Alot of the time, is not about the gil, is about the supply of currency that is avaliable.

If too many people are upgrading, then cost of currency needs to go up. If currency isn't even being sold, then too many people are getting good deals from their friends :D

New Merits
    BG Level

First Upgrade :

Second Upgrade :

Third Upgrade :

Fourth Upgrade :

You also forgot to add in the future inflation consider this is a -long- term plan.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Question...(mostly for Wafik, but curious how others do it too)...How do you encourage people to keep coming to Dynamis? You mentioned you let people lot 2 AF2 but doesn't it get to a point where some people stop coming because they don't need anything from a specific zone? Or is your LS a tightly knit group of people who just love doing dynamis? In my LS, we've incorperated Dynamis into a linkshell activity and offer guild points to anyone who comes so people feel they are walking away with something at least even if they don't get/don't need AF2 from the zone. However I know if we didn't offer points then the chances of getting more than a few dedicated people are slim to none.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by amlaruil
    If too many people are upgrading, then cost of currency needs to go up. If currency isn't even being sold, then too many people are getting good deals from their friends :D
    you could do what aurac has been promoting to the LS that virgil is sponsoring...

just tell everyone that there is no way to upgrade so don't bother, leaving more currency for kirianna (and camui or whoever is upgrading in your shell too.)

Old Merits
    BG Level

I guess it depends on your server, I buy byne and there is usually a fair amount of it. It's tuku and coins that are hard finds. Generally I float an offer to someone selling at a stupid price and tell them I'll still be buying for the same price in a week or two. Usually byne doesn't sell so I just buy it then.

The real advantage to me is that with horns being of such great desire, it is pretty easy to trade non byne for byne.

The biggest problem is trying to tell someone in your ls that has 200 currency from 6 months of runs that they will never ever get relic by lotting. When you point out that at their 12 coins per week rate it will take them around 5 years to get to stage 4, they just shrug and say I'll get serious about it after I'm done leveling w/e...

you could do what aurac has been promoting to the LS that virgil is sponsoring
    See, no more evil than Wafik; and everyone loves Wafik ^.~

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nuriko
    Question...(mostly for Wafik, but curious how others do it too)...How do you encourage people to keep coming to Dynamis? You mentioned you let people lot 2 AF2 but doesn't it get to a point where some people stop coming because they don't need anything from a specific zone? Or is your LS a tightly knit group of people who just love doing dynamis? In my LS, we've incorperated Dynamis into a linkshell activity and offer guild points to anyone who comes so people feel they are walking away with something at least even if they don't get/don't need AF2 from the zone. However I know if we didn't offer points then the chances of getting more than a few dedicated people are slim to none.
    There will always be new high level players that want AFs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast