Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: this is just ridiculous     submit to reddit submit to twitter

this is just ridiculous

So for the past four days I have been unable to log onto playonline, constant 1160 error. I contact SE (last resort of course) and they say well we cant do anything to help you out right now, i checked my firewall and internet connection, nothing wrong, anyone else have some suggestions?

I'd try calling again. Happen to me bout half a year ago. Power went out in town... When it came back on i couldnt log onto ffxi for over a week. Had to call SE 3 times before one of there reps walked me through what to do. lol took like 2 minutes. Had to change one setting in pol. And bam it was workin again

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Could always be your ISP. I remember a while back Optimum Online (An ISP for the tristate area) blocked certain ports to help prevent 'spam mail.' Well, one of those ports was for FFXI... So, a lot of us over on the east coast using this ISP couldn't connect to FFXI for a little under a week. It got so bad to the point where if you called them, they actually had a recording about how they're working on the problem with the online game, "Final Fantasy XI" with SE and the same goes for their site. Other people actually made up shirts saying, "I survived the OPTOnline Blackout of 2005! No FFXI for X days!" It was just hilarious...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

god's sign to you to stop playing.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I'm pretty sure SE has all players named "wow" filtered out.

Good luck.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuko
    Could always be your ISP. I remember a while back Optimum Online (An ISP for the tristate area) blocked certain ports to help prevent 'spam mail.' Well, one of those ports was for FFXI... So, a lot of us over on the east coast using this ISP couldn't connect to FFXI for a little under a week. It got so bad to the point where if you called them, they actually had a recording about how they're working on the problem with the online game, "Final Fantasy XI" with SE and the same goes for their site. Other people actually made up shirts saying, "I survived the OPTOnline Blackout of 2005! No FFXI for X days!" It was just hilarious...
    That was gay, I had to... play with my kids... and crap..

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

there was actually a work around it during the whole optonline thing (i was effected to) but if you used httptunnel and sockscap it allowed you in normally :D course it kicked you off every hour or so, but w/e ;p signing back on not such a huge ordeal. then again prob wouldnt have kicked me off if i used windower

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    I'm pretty sure SE has all players named "wow" filtered out.

Good luck.
    Gah, I was thinking that too, but didn't post it. It's most likely your ISP side.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidd
    god's sign to you to stop playing.

I talked to my schools network team and they said gaming is not allowed, i said go fuck yourself

FFXIFlux should come to this thread and tell us how FFXI sucks, I think that would be nice now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chambers
    FFXIFlux should come to this thread and tell us how FFXI sucks, I think that would be nice now.
    Remember the time when FFXIFlux was the biggest defender of FFXI?

Yeah, me neither.