BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    How come everyone has said Chainspell lasts for a minute? It's 30 seconds unless I'm missing something...
    Well, why not try it yourself before logging off for the day/night?

Different 2hrs have different durations. Last I timed:
    Hundred Fists = 45s
    Manafont = 60s

I tried chainspell just now and it appears to be 60s. I put "/clock on" in a macro with chainspell. I typed /clock on and waited until I saw the message for it to wear off and hit enter.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3...uration8kh.jpg

100 Fists never lasts long enough, I usually when BG did Dynamis Lord CS would last (what seemed like) 30 seconds, I'll try it tonight though. I was pretty sure all 2 hrs (bar like...4, SMN/BST/DRG/SAM (not sure about SAM)) were 30 seconds.

Did they change the duration in a patch or was it always that way? =X

Also that pic doesn't do much to convince me either (for obvious reasons) so I will try it later on for sure.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Chainspell has been 1 minute as far as I can remember.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They are different, but many are 30s. Just look at Astral Flow, that lasts for a good while, not a Smn so I am not sure of exact count but it is certainly more than 30s.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Garret
    They are different, but many are 30s. Just look at Astral Flow, that lasts for a good while, not a Smn so I am not sure of exact count but it is certainly more than 30s.
    3 minutes IIRC.

I know SOME are different. SMNs is 3mins as is BSTs (I think). SAMs boost their TP to 300% and each WS takes 100%, if it has a duration though I have no idea. DRGs is well (lol) you know what, I also forgot to add RNG, who doesn't have a duration for 2hr, it's just instant. The rest however I was sure, almost certain were 30secs, I'm actually logging on now to check.

Too bad this doesn't make RDMs 2hr more useful though if it is 1 min.

Edit: just tested it, lasted for 45 seconds.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

How come everyone has said Chainspell lasts for a minute? It's 30 seconds unless I'm missing something...
    Chainspell is 1 minute. Astral flow is 3 minutes I imagine, I'm levelling SMN currently and I try to use it once per party and I can always easily get in 3 BP's but not 4...which puts it in between 2 and 3 mins (likely 3 exactly)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I know SOME are different. SMNs is 3mins as is BSTs (I think). SAMs boost their TP to 300% and each WS takes 100%, if it has a duration though I have no idea. DRGs is well (lol) you know what, I also forgot to add RNG, who doesn't have a duration for 2hr, it's just instant. The rest however I was sure, almost certain were 30secs, I'm actually logging on now to check.

BST is 30 mins or as long as the charmed pet survives.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by DrObvious
    Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    You can't pound your macro during chainstunning, exactly every other stun will have no effect. I hit macro, watch stun, then as soon as the little animation is all the way finished he's ready to be stunned again.
    Ah... no every second stun having no effect is bull. Even with 1-3 other stunners I often get back to back to back stuns landing. Stun duration is random and on DL it's almost always much shorter than the 4 second recast time I have. You can even get the wearoff message before you get the stun landing message!
    The second (and sometimes third) stun has no effect way more often than it actually lands if you're spamming from the menu like there's no tomorrow.

I do agree that the stun duration can be very random though.
    My only thought is that you must have a really bad ping to the server or something. There is no possible way in hell I can spam from the menu and have all the stuns lands.

I also agree duration is random, but hey thems the shakes so you do the best you can. When I've done DL I also bring blood hands, dark torqgue, dark earring, jupiter staff. Never had an intimidate and only seen one resist.

That was a really bad test, lol. It's 60 seconds on my 75 RDM and 60 seconds on my level 3 RDM mule. And 1 minute is FAR more useful than 30 seconds. I could barely use my manapool casting tier 3 nukes at 30 seconds let alone MP from convert and vile elixir.

I've looked at online sites and a lot of them say 30 seconds, some say 45 and very few said 60 seconds for RDM chainspell. But most of them say RDM get Bio 3 and other garbage too.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Chainspell is 1 minute. Astral flow is 3 minutes I imagine, I'm levelling SMN currently and I try to use it once per party and I can always easily get in 3 BP's but not 4...which puts it in between 2 and 3 mins (likely 3 exactly)
    oh yeah...that's right... i quoted myself

i went there

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't see how it's possible to test chainspell and come up with a 15s difference from when others do it.

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    I don't see how it's possible to test chainspell and come up with a 15s difference from when others do it.
    I've seen some people think a Vana'Diel minute is a second and so use the clock for counting seconds.

I got into an argument with my dynamis linkshell the first time we did Dynamis Lord with chainspell stun. 1 other RDM knew it was 60 seconds for chainspell, everyone else argued it was 30 seconds including about 10 people with high level RDM. So apparantly it's a pretty common misconception.

Well, I did use a stop watch, either it's broken or my FFXI is.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Beastmaster's 2hour ability lasts for 30 minutes.

Well, not that it matters much, RDM 2hr is pretty useless outside of Chainstun and keeping yourself alive when solo'ing. >.> Gonna try it again, if it's still 45secs i'm getting a new stop watch

Well, not that it matters much, RDM 2hr is pretty useless outside of Chainstun and keeping yourself alive when solo'ing. >.> Gonna try it again, if it's still 45secs i'm getting a new stop watch
    I like pounding mobs for 10k damage in 60 seconds in Limbus right before hitting an MP/HP/ability refresh chest. And doing it again.

Black Belt
    BG Level

why are you using a stopwatch? just look at the recast timer when it wears off.

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    why are you using a stopwatch? just look at the recast timer when it wears off.
    lol I never thought of that XD

I'll try it tomorrow, if I can remember/be bothered.

I like pounding mobs for 10k damage in 60 seconds in Limbus right before hitting an MP/HP/ability refresh chest. And doing it again.
    Uh, right.

I also agree duration is random, but hey thems the shakes so you do the best you can. When I've done DL I also bring blood hands, dark torqgue, dark earring, jupiter staff. Never had an intimidate and only seen one resist.
    Same, I can count on one hand the number of times my stun has been resisted on DL. I've also never been intimidated while wearing crimson hands, I've been lucky possibly, but this is the first time I've heard of DL intimidating.