BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Thanks to old Dynamis-Xarc Posts

I just wanted throw out a thank you to some of the discussions regarding clearing the Dynamis Lord.

While I know 'zerk strategies are not exactly huge secrets reading through some of the posts was helpful in setting up our attack.

Anyways, we were able to clear the DL on our first ever attempt tonight, with much excitement. And as an open & non-static Dynamis LS I'm rather proud of our accomplishment.

Thanks all.

grats man, drops?

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Off DL

1 100 Bill
    Shadow Mantle

Xarcabard itself wasn't too mean to us, usually we get hosed with like 1-2 AF2.

x1 Brd
    x1 Drg
    x2 Drk

With our recent luck in Northlands Dynamis x4 seemed pretty decent. We could have farmed a bit more but we spent awhile going over the DL strat inside and then farmed more after killing him.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Congrats, welcome to the "I killed Dynamis Lord" club

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Now if I could only lot above 100 on Pld AF2 body & legs.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Congrats on not necrobumping (and for killing DL).

It was a rush... (I'm in Garret's Dynamis LS... and in the same HNMLS, Ultima ftw) I would have cleared DL (multiple times) by now but every run I was supposed to go on with other LS's I've missed for some unconceivable reason or another... The runs I've lost on are always the same too... Get DL to 50%, things are going smoothly, looks like a win.. Then it all goes to hell. Just kept waiting for that moment tonight while mashing my nukes, and it never came ^^ I think we won with 1-2 deaths...

That's the funny thing about DL... He isn't really hard at all.. Its just that Oblivion Smash is so damned overpowered :-/ Without that move he would be such a pushover. BUT he has it, and we accomplished it, yay for us ^^

(Side note: We had four teams of two stunners each, to stun continuously for the fight... Some time through my nuking I noticed the summoning animation [you all know this = BAD NEWS] so I tossed up a stun... And it went through... Meaning that at that point in time, not only was he readying one of his PWNGA moves, but nobody was chainspell stunning it for some reason... Keep tabs on your RDM/DRKs people.)

Oh, it's not just Oblivion Smash. I think the funniest thing I've seen in FFXI was Violent Rupture, then he spawned Ying and Yang, then he popped Hundred Fists, then he split into three DLs and all of them did Oblivion Smash. He did this while being Chainspell Stunned. It's like...what are you supposed to do? Sometimes DL just wins.

Grats on your win!!

Seems that way huh The funny thing (actually I find it kinda annoying) is that right after the win everyone talks about how 'easy' DL is... Whereas it really just seems somewhat random. No matter how well setup you are a lot of it depends on Luck, because it doesn't take much for him to instantly triple and Oblivion Smash in a split second of not being stunned. When I stun'd he was doing his summoning motion so its very possible had a stun been missed that it woulda wiped our entire alliance then and there at 50%.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

When people talk about his ease, I think they're talking about how fast his HP can go down. His toughness is entirley on his offensive damage, not his health. When my LS first did a joke attempt (we were farming Xarcabard, had 2hours and said "why not" and poked DL) we got him to near 50% with NO rdm/drk. He didnt kill us from Oblivion smash, was just his other moves. This pumped everyone up and we went back the next week, and won him on our first serious attempt at him, and then we won him the week after that. Both times only 1 death. Experienced players dont seem to have too much of a problem with DL.

As for the rdm/drk, there's 4 problems that you get with chainsepll stun.
    1 - it's not casted and the move has a short wind up time
    2 - the stuns overlap, stun + stun = "has no effect" rather than restunning
    3 - the stun gets resisted due to a rdm/drk's shitty skill
    4 - CRIMSON RDM WILL GET INTIMIDATION, last thing you want during a CS+Stun is that.

When we do it, we have 1 RDM/DRK CS+Stun, 1 allience stunning with her at random intervals, next allience stuns with the 2nd rdm when they go, when it's time for third rdm, 1st alliences stuns are back up. BLM helping with stun = good.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire
    Sometimes DL just wins.
    qft

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire
    Sometimes DL just wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    4 - CRIMSON RDM WILL GET INTIMIDATION, last thing you want during a CS+Stun is that.
    I've counted that I do 14 spells per chainspell (1 minute) so theres 4 seconds between stuns with me banging my stun/stun/stun/stun/stun/stun macro. I'm sure a good chunk of the down time is from having a shitty ping from not living in Japan, but I've never asked a JPN RDM how many spells they can get off. Anyone know? So we usually have 4 chainspell stunners for most of it and it will still get stuff through occasionally. Breakga is baaaaaaad...

I've never seen a resist, even on earth day, but we elemental seal + flood, do suiton and 2hr threnody so he probably has like -8million thunder resist. We also kill it in 90 seconds or less so if it can build resistance, it doesn't get much of a chance.

We'd probably boot any RDM dumb enough that they'd use crimson on DL.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

You can't pound your macro during chainstunning, exactly every other stun will have no effect. I hit macro, watch stun, then as soon as the little animation is all the way finished he's ready to be stunned again.

It appears to me that if you have 4 people chainstunning at once that the mob actually ends up not being stunned very much at all :/ I'll concede that it makes no sense, but I swear that if you stun and it has "no effect" then there is a small window after that stun where any other stun will also have no effect. I've seen this on Tiamat where one BLM does a random stun a split second before firaga3 starts, and she starts it the second she's unstunned and my stun while she's casting firaga has "no effect" and the nuke goes off.

The first time I killed DL (note: pre-rng nerf) I was the only one stunning and he was on total lockdown for the 60 seconds of my turn, at the 55 second mark I told the next person to crank up SP and go. I saw only one melee swing, no JA's at all, and we had no deaths at all until my turn was up. At that point he was at 20% life so he had ample time to do all those horrendous JA's that he can do.

You can't pound your macro during chainstunning, exactly every other stun will have no effect. I hit macro, watch stun, then as soon as the little animation is all the way finished he's ready to be stunned again.
    Ah... no every second stun having no effect is bull. Even with 1-3 other stunners I often get back to back to back stuns landing. Stun duration is random and on DL it's almost always much shorter than the 4 second recast time I have. You can even get the wearoff message before you get the stun landing message!

I've seen this on Tiamat where one BLM does a random stun a split second before firaga3 starts, and she starts it the second she's unstunned and my stun while she's casting firaga has "no effect" and the nuke goes off.
    I've only seen that farming for Steam Cleaner and it seems that the Samurai stun weaponskill doesn't play nice with the stun spell somehow. Either that or it's just lag.

The first time I killed DL (note: pre-rng nerf) I was the only one stunning and he was on total lockdown for the 60 seconds of my turn, at the 55 second mark I told the next person to crank up SP and go. I saw only one melee swing, no JA's at all, and we had no deaths at all until my turn was up. At that point he was at 20% life so he had ample time to do all those horrendous JA's that he can do.
    Then you had things filtered as starting a weaponskill/job ability is instant so you'll get the message of it starting even if it gets stunned and doesn't goes off. Not seeing it do melee animations is normal for any mob with a billion (in FFXI terms thats more than 6) people around it, you'll see that at Fafnir every day, particularly if you're standing at a distance from the mob.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    Ah... no every second stun having no effect is bull. Even with 1-3 other stunners I often get back to back to back stuns landing. Stun duration is random and on DL it's almost always much shorter than the 4 second recast time I have. You can even get the wearoff message before you get the stun landing message!

I've seen this on Tiamat where one BLM does a random stun a split second before firaga3 starts, and she starts it the second she's unstunned and my stun while she's casting firaga has "no effect" and the nuke goes off.
    I've only seen that farming for Steam Cleaner and it seems that the Samurai stun weaponskill doesn't play nice with the stun spell somehow. Either that or it's just lag.

Then you had things filtered as starting a weaponskill/job ability is instant so you'll get the message of it starting even if it gets stunned and doesn't goes off. Not seeing it do melee animations is normal for any mob with a billion (in FFXI terms thats more than 6) people around it, you'll see that at Fafnir every day, particularly if you're standing at a distance from the mob.
    k

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    I've counted that I do 14 spells per chainspell (1 minute) so theres 4 seconds between stuns with me banging my stun/stun/stun/stun/stun/stun macro. I'm sure a good chunk of the down time is from having a shitty ping from not living in Japan, but I've never asked a JPN RDM how many spells they can get off. Anyone know? So we usually have 4 chainspell stunners for most of it and it will still get stuff through occasionally. Breakga is baaaaaaad...

I've never seen a resist, even on earth day, but we elemental seal + flood, do suiton and 2hr threnody so he probably has like -8million thunder resist. We also kill it in 90 seconds or less so if it can build resistance, it doesn't get much of a chance.

We'd probably boot any RDM dumb enough that they'd use crimson on DL.
    Ya know I asked this question before my second DL run and didnt get an answer, so I went with Blood Gaunts for CS+Stun. Didnt get any intimidations, nor have since.

Dumb enough? maybe I was just lucky though.

Also the only time I've gotten resists is when he used some crazy move that made him resist my stuns 100%. Yeah we wiped that run.

QFT, Had this happen on Tiamat causing some annoying Firaga damage, as well as on a Despot PH in sky... Meltdown went off even though three people stunned it because someone stunned right before he 'readied' it, so Stun 'Had no effect' (Have this screenshotted) and he still proceeded to explode and kill quite a few people.

The second (and sometimes third) stun has no effect way more often than it actually lands if you're spamming from the menu like there's no tomorrow.

I do agree that the stun duration can be very random though.

How come everyone has said Chainspell lasts for a minute? It's 30 seconds unless I'm missing something...