BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lito Rex
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir
    First season of Lost was good, now they're just stretching it with fillers every other episode. 24 is cool, Jack Bauer is badass, but Vic Mackey ownz all, The Shield FTFW!
    Vic Mackey is indeed a Bad Dude. BUT Jack Bauer is a much Badder Dude. And we all know Jack Bauer would kill Vic Mackey in a fight :X

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Zig, how does that website work exactly? Does it involve an outside program? Any amount of payment? Good luck with them, you're probably watching them as I type this, hope you enjoy.

First season of Lost was good, now they're just stretching it with fillers every other episode. 24 is cool, Jack Bauer is badass, but Vic Mackey ownz all, The Shield FTFW!
    I agree...what I dont get is, WHY? There's so much they could cover on that island..and with the past of 15people, I just dont see why filler episodes are necessary. I just hope we're not seeing filler episodes as simply episodes that are necessary but just involve characters we don't particuarly care for. I do admit 2-12 was a complete waste of an episode...regardless of the ground that it covered. It settled too much on one person, and I feel one of the great things going for the show, was the ability to switch it up on you in an instant, to a completely different backstory in the blink of an eye. (little pun. )
    http://docs.newzbin.com/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

Uggh...I hate asking questions when the answer is right in my face. Thanx Zigma, I'll check it out. m(__)m

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Litoriceboi
    I'm watching 24 atm, it's pretty good, fast paced and every episode has a good cliffhanger, but I don't see myself caring for the characters like I do on Lost. Maybe that'll come with time though.
    Watch the first 4 season of 24. Then watch the first 10 mins of season 5 and you'll care.
    Yeh...Lito is pretty much right on...watch the first 4 seasons of 24...then the first 10 minutes of season 5 and you'll definitely care why 24 is going as strong as it is...you don't mess with Jack Bauer's crew...or closest friends and live...haha...and...Jack Bauer IS basically Macguyver and Jason Bourne in one =p

Hmm, I don't really see how you can compare Lost and 24.

I've been watching 24 for the last few years, seen all the Episodes, been my favorite show since I started watching. I didn't start lost til I get the season1 DVD set for christmas, but that quickly became my other favorite show, and lost and 24 are basically the only two shows i watch lol. Watched all of season 1 of lost in a 2 day marathon. As much as I love both shows, I can't really pick a favorite. They are completely different shows.

Lost centers on its characters, building up their personality and history so that the viewer feels a relationship with the character. The plot and story of the island is important, but the real story is the people. The show makes you care about the characters, to the point where the plot is just kind of there because it needs to be.

24 is totally different, it features Jack, who you know almost nothing about, and never really learn anything about his past at all. It has a great plot, and good action, the twists in it are amazing and you are kept on the edge of your seat (at least i am >.>) throughout the show. Instead of going in depth on the characters, it just gives you the most awesome bad dude of all time, and you get to watch him totally owninize terrorists or other typical noobs.

Both amazing shows in my opinion, I don't see how you can really compare the two though seeing as how they are so different

Newsgroups is probably the fastest way to warez shit. I pay for giganews.com's $25 plan. I download around 2mb/second total with 10 active connections. Unlimited warez in seconds is so worth monthl payment.

also lost is pritty decent. Kinda like survivor, but not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistandantilus
    Hmm, I don't really see how you can compare Lost and 24.

I've been watching 24 for the last few years, seen all the Episodes, been my favorite show since I started watching. I didn't start lost til I get the season1 DVD set for christmas, but that quickly became my other favorite show, and lost and 24 are basically the only two shows i watch lol. Watched all of season 1 of lost in a 2 day marathon. As much as I love both shows, I can't really pick a favorite. They are completely different shows.

Lost centers on its characters, building up their personality and history so that the viewer feels a relationship with the character. The plot and story of the island is important, but the real story is the people. The show makes you care about the characters, to the point where the plot is just kind of there because it needs to be.

24 is totally different, it features Jack, who you know almost nothing about, and never really learn anything about his past at all. It has a great plot, and good action, the twists in it are amazing and you are kept on the edge of your seat (at least i am >.>) throughout the show. Instead of going in depth on the characters, it just gives you the most awesome bad dude of all time, and you get to watch him totally owninize terrorists or other typical noobs.

Both amazing shows in my opinion, I don't see how you can really compare the two though seeing as how they are so different
    Yeah I agree, I dont think anyone's really trying to compare the two. As long as you watch both in their entirety, and aren't a douchebag you'll realize they're both completely different shows, but both good in their own right.

I'm a sucker for character development though, because it's something you hardly see done so well, as it is done on Lost. Action you see all over the place, and not to undermine the good show that 24 is...it just didn't seem to stand out as much as I thought it would. Now that I think of it though, in comparison to the rest of the crap on TV...it's pretty fucking good. I watch movies too much.

I think one thing we can agree on...shows with the main character name of Jack, kick ass.

I think one thing we can agree on...shows with the main character name of Jack, kick ass.
    QFT

24 fucking sucks

"lol, I can walk into a room with a pistol and kill 50 people with AK-47s ^^;"
    Ok first of all this is a ridiculous exaggeration, second of all you make it sound like all action tv shows/movies don't do this, third of all James Bond especially

Well...just steamrolled through season 1 & 2 of 24. I must say I was a little hesitant during the middle of season 1...but towards the end I really enjoyed Season 1, and the ending was pretty powerful.

Season 2, at least the first 75% of it fucking owned. I finally realized why I disliked the first season, basically his wife/daughter in an ordeal, and the Presidents family were really bogging down the momentum of the first season, and without that, the second Season really just moved along. Besides drawing out the end through 6-8 episodes I thought the 2nd season was leaps and bounds beyond the 1st. Might be because I hated his wife so much.

Waiting for season 3 to download. Download speeds are up and down. I assume Season 3 picks up right after season 2? Another thing I liked about Season 2, is that it gave you that year, to build up on. I dunno what they're gonna do with this season, but Im happily awaiting it.

Oh yeah, and for all of you who want "realism" plow through a red light in a busy intersection for realism. Don't watch movies if you're gonna complain about everything. It's SUPPOSED to be extraordinary situations, with extraordinary people...otherwise noone would watch it. I find myself rolling my eyes a couple times in 24, but its nothing that ruins the feel of the show.

BTW: Any update on your Lost watching Zigma? Kinda curious what you thought of it.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I just wanna evangelize House, M.D. some more, now that people know how to pirate TV shows like a pro.

Dr. House: What are the kid's chances without [the medicine]?
    Dr. Chase: Minimal at best, the poison's broken the blood/brain barrier.
    Dr. House: I assume "minimal at best" is your Stiff Upper Lip British Way of saying "no chance in hell?"
    Dr. Chase: I'm Australian
    Dr. House: You put the queen on your money, you're British
    Dark humor, fantastic characters (well, Dr. House is interesting, anyway), medicine-as-dectective-story and some of the finest acting ever.

The Shield should speak for itself though, especially if you're from Los Angeles.

House is the only show I turn my TV on for. ._.

How many seasons have The Shield and House been going on for? After 24 I'll pick one of those two up first, preferably the one with the least episodes....as 100+ straight episodes of 24 is gonna make me a madman.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lito Rex
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The Shield is on its 5th Season right now and House is on its 2nd Season.

Quote Originally Posted by Litoriceboi
    The Shield is on its 5th Season right now and House is on its 2nd Season.
    House it is. Thanx. :D

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

likw WTF, i just finished watching season 3 and they killed off so many characters that it's not even funny...LOL

one thing that bothered me was how president palmer could not issue a pardon to tony, jack could have easily asked..

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lito Rex
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    likw WTF, i just finished watching season 3 and they killed off so many characters that it's not even funny...LOL

one thing that bothered me was how president palmer could not issue a pardon to tony, jack could have easily asked..
    SEASON 4!

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!...I'll pretend I didnt read that Zigma.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

4x02 now. Lost is gonna have to wait