Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    why is it always midgard that has all the good drama?
    Probably because of Tharo lol

THIS IS NOT LIVEJOURNAL DOT COM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

I know I said this to Elphie already but:

tarutimtim

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire
    Dear Midgardsormr: You are magnificent. Bring back GO vs. NC, I say!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tarutimtim
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire
    Dear Midgardsormr: You are magnificent. Bring back GO vs. NC, I say!

Ahh, the good ol' days. ;_;

Sea Torques
    BG Level

6060 Center Drive Suite 100
    Los Angeles, CA 90045-8835
    mailto:[email protected]

Dear Mr. Lyman Tuttle,

It is my understanding that you hold the position of accounts manager at Square Enix, Inc. It is under this pretext that I sincerely hope you might be of assistance to me.

On January 29, 2006, while playing the online Square Enix product Final Fantasy XI, I and roughly twenty-five other players were removed from the standard realm of play and placed inside of the jail by Square Enix employee [GM]Danuve. We remained here for roughly three hours without ever being given a reason to our discipline or being given a timeframe for release or contact with the GM. Numerous players were confused as to what exactly was occurring and placed GM Service calls; others attempted contacting the GM through the chat channel of the game, by sending messages directly to the GM and otherwise. All of these methods were unsuccessful. Upon finally receiving contact from the GM, the group of players were divided and then given, what appears to be arbitrarily, varying degrees of punishment from the GM. A few others and I were suspended for forty-eight hours, a number of others suspended for five days, and yet more permanently banned. Many of these punishments came without previous warning and without ever delivering an explanation as to why these characters were being punished. Numerous requests were made by players to speak with a Senior GM, but were quickly denied by [GM]Danuve.

It is my hope that by contacting you, some sort of solution might be worked out. It is very frustrating, as a member of your fan base and as a customer, to be treated this way by your employees. I also understand that some of these decisions to suspend accounts could possibly be racially motivated and I am sure your company does not with to be associated with this type of behavior. I look forward to your response and hope to be able to resolve this problem without any additional problems.

Thank you,
    <Your name here>
    I was bored during my History class today so I took the time to write a quick letter. I encourage anyone involved in the incident to either send a hard copy or E-mail mailto:[email protected]

Ryunoire

I too have had problems similar to this in the past, albiet not to this extent. Your fraps and posts inspired me to report POL and SE to the better business bureau today for customer service and support (lack thereof).

They have a simple and easy to complete online form.

http://www.bbb.org

I also found a contact through the BBB Business listings.

Playonline Information Center
    6060 Center Drive
    Suite 100 Los Angeles, CA 90045

Phone: 310-846-0345

Website listed: square-enix.com

edit-It seems you guys beat me to it, oh well!

this reminds of the time MrWatermonkey got banned and it was similar to this (JP favoratism).

big thread on these forums about it too =3

then loads of ppl sent in formal complaints, can't remember if anyone sent something to BBB though

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Not trying to be one of those annoying mofos who corrects everything but just pointing out, change with to wish here...

"I am sure your company does not with to be associated with this type of behavior."

That's fucking gay that Aarlok got banned and he tanked it for 30 minutes while he waited for me to get back around the pit. I was tanking it the entire time Valor had it and I wasn't even questioned. (luck I guess?) Also retarded that half of PO is either suspended or banned without a single warning.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just so you know, the BBB has absolutely no jurisdiction over SE, or any company for that matter. It's quite useless to complain to them, sadly.

i hope people get fired over this... because anyone who is that big a douchebag in game, can't be too far off irl

Finally the NA community rejoices in joint efforts to bring back an HNM to NA time. Its so nice to not see a thread full of flames.

P.S. Mdn cheers on that letter. Send it out for lols.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Pretty sure the BBB doesn't mean shit to the Japanese. It is the JPs who SE is most worried about losing as subscribers. BBB really is good to call on a shady auto-dealer or bad restaurant or something. Video game developers get business from people who buy games, and they don't give a shit about the BBB either.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    Just so you know, the BBB has absolutely no jurisdiction over SE, or any company for that matter. It's quite useless to complain to them, sadly.
    They do keep records of complaints and lawsuits and companies really don't like to have a bad record. When the press are looking for "facts" or if someone sues them and it actually goes to court (rare) bad BBB record can haunt them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternus
    Pretty sure the BBB doesn't mean shit to the Japanese. It is the JPs who SE is most worried about losing as subscribers. BBB really is good to call on a shady auto-dealer or bad restaurant or something. Video game developers get business from people who buy games, and they don't give a shit about the BBB either.
    They are worried about the FTC though. You can certainly file a complaint with them, particularly if you feel the decisions were racially motivated.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Complaining to a GM or a POL support techie is like complaining to the guy who bags your groceries at a supermarket, he's not going to do anything about it especially if it's going to look bad on him. Anyone who has been the underdog before should know that. You have to go right to the manager and if that doesn't work you go to his boss. No company wants to be involved in blatant racism and, in the case where people cannot cancel their content IDs for the time they can't play, theft. Use what Mdn posted or your own version with a similar tone. It seems almost silly sometimes to do so in the case of a video game but when the whole NA community is pissed like this, server wide, it's the best time to get something across to who's in charge.

MORI FOR P R E S I D E N T !

\(^_^)/ "I'm Richard Nixon."

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Complain to your Constitution to change their requirements and then we'll see about that.