+ Reply to Thread

Looking for a good RPG on PC

Like the topic says, I'm looking for a decent RPG or possibly even FPS on PC.

Any suggestions?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

The new Elder Scrolls (or 'Morrowind' for you lay people) is coming out soon, if you like meticulously-detailed single-player RPGs.

Failing that there hasn't been a really really good CRPG made since the Baldur's Gate Series.

You want some serious classics go pick up Fallout 2 and Planescape: Torment while you're at it. Graphics may be old but you'll be hard pressed to find better-written scenarios/storylines anywhere.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Port of Star wars KoToR is always good.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Diablo 2 (retro games are always win)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I highly recommend Gothic 1 or Gothic 2.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Looking for a good RPG on PC

Quote Originally Posted by Parshath

Any suggestions?
    Arcanum is a little old, but was made by the same team that made Fallout. My favorite RPG ever, it actually gives you a chance to role-play.

New Merits
    BG Level

Since you said RPG or possibly FPS, play Deus Ex if you haven't. Don't play the sequel though, it's crap. Fallout 1 & 2 are my favorite RPGs, though any of the Black Isle D&D games (Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, Neverwinter Nights) are worthy. Ultima 7, 8, and 9 are good fun too.

Fallout is awesome :D and Deus Ex is uber!! A GREAT GREAT RPG though if you wanna get is Gothic and Gothic II. The system for fighting is rather interesting compared to some other RPGs and I really love the exp system + story it's a fun game

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

F F X I 4 Life >.>;

other then that go old school and play Icewind Dale and Icewind Dale 2

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Neverwinter Nights was always one of my favorites and you can get it and all the expansions for like 20 or 30 bucks now (+ it's on DVD instead of being on like 6 CDs).

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    Neverwinter Nights was always one of my favorites and you can get it and all the expansions for like 20 or 30 bucks now (+ it's on DVD instead of being on like 6 CDs).
    I'll have to agree on this, NWN was my favorit game before MMOs started coming out. Actualy, NWN is sorta a MMO in it's self. Not sure if the community is as active as it was before, but some people made their own online servers. And then they would make their own role play situations. NWN has tools to create maps and such.

I used to be a mod creater for Knight's Bridge. I'm pritty sure it was one of the top 5 most played mods. The storys and enviroment were created from a RL book, had alot of authenticity.

If you like hardcore RPGs, NWN is for you. Even the offline story is bad as fuck.

step 1 zsnes.
    step 2 tales of phantasia + dejap patch.
    step 3 win.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

The Caverns of Zoarre is the best but only runs on good PCs because the graphics are ultra-realistic.

ooo ooo I've got another one King's Quest!! :D

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Looking for a good RPG on PC

Quote Originally Posted by Parshath

Any suggestions?
    Neverwinter Nights is absolutely colossal. The main game lasts around 80 hours, that's not including the expansions, the premium modules like kingmaker and the online mode which is not bad.
    Morrowind is similar, very open-ended. It has hundreds of hours of content, the only reason I haven't played them more is ffxi.

Baldur's Gate II which is sort of the predecessor to NWN is also great, made by the same developer. Bioware also made KOTOR 1 and 2 (1>>>>>2 btw).

For FPS I would suggest Deus Ex, easily the best I have played on PC.

FF VII, VIII, and XI!!!!