Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Meret is a whore.....please help.

This NPC is pissing me off....and I can't find any info about her anywhere other than the obvious, being 1 Lumion Chip = 99 Virtue Stones (also heard 1 Tissue = 99 Virtue Stones as well).

But the bitch won't talk to me. I have spoken to Yurim, I started that retarded "In the name of science," I even went as far as giving Yurim a silver earring and a black chip. Still, Meret won't talk to me, or give me virtue stones.

Do I have to finish that rediculously retarded quest for Yurim? I haven't given her the optional Apple Pie yet. I really do not feel like farming organs....because as we all know...Euhvi don't like to drop shit...ever. To make it worse, I need 5 euhvi organs...please kill me.

What do I need to do? I wanna toy around with my Temperance Axe (I know its fluff...but I still want to try it out).

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You need to finish the Name of Science Quest (i.e. get a gorget, obi, or earring) before you can trade in Lumion Chips for Virtue Stones.

You gotta complete a gorget/earring/obi quest first before you can get the virtue stones. I don't know where your are getting the notion of needing an apple pie though.

Re: Meret is a whore.....please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland
    This NPC is pissing me off....and I can't find any info about her anywhere other than the obvious, being 1 Lumion Chip = 99 Virtue Stones (also heard 1 Tissue = 99 Virtue Stones as well).

But the bitch won't talk to me. I have spoken to Yurim, I started that retarded "In the name of science," I even went as far as giving Yurim a silver earring and a black chip. Still, Meret won't talk to me, or give me virtue stones.

Do I have to finish that rediculously retarded quest for Yurim? I haven't given her the optional Apple Pie yet. I really do not feel like farming organs....because as we all know...Euhvi don't like to drop shit...ever. To make it worse, I need 5 euhvi organs...please kill me.

What do I need to do? I wanna toy around with my Temperance Axe (I know its fluff...but I still want to try it out).
    You must complete In the Name of Science. After that any NQ organ or luminon chip/tissue can be exchanged for a stack of 99 stones per.
    =beaten=

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

get an obi or gorget

after that she wants more research, and that's when you can trade virtue stones.

Speaking of temperance axe, as a bst/nin this is the best axe we could ever ask for. It's better than ridill for BST (A- weap comparing to a D weap). With virtue stones equipped, i was beating dual axe war/nin's to 100% TP, and sometimes out-rampaging them due to the double attack (on deco weapons i hit a near 800 rampage). This axe makes you just like a warrior, and god damn it's awesome . Just wear all the accuracy you can get so you dont whiff on double attack (50% proc).

People might look at it and laugh, but, Ridill has 40 dmg, this has 39. Ridill has 236 delay, this has 270 , slightly higher but not bad, considering our weapon rating. You WILL get faster TP than anyone else dual weilding axes or axe/sword or whatever, because the double attack is stupidly high.

On that note, if you see me lfg on bst, invite me kthx.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    You gotta complete a gorget/earring/obi quest first before you can get the virtue stones. I don't know where your are getting the notion of needing an apple pie though.
    When you give her the first items...she doesn't tell you shit. She says stuff about needing weird items, that one can assume are from the retarded sea mobs. Also, she doesn't tell you what items/organs you need, and how many. Its all very vague. Appearently, if you trade her an Apple Pie when you are in this phase, she will disclose more info on what exaclty she wants for the item you are after.

Granted, no one ever does this, as the info was pulled from .dats a long time ago, and what items are needed for what gorget/obi/earring can be found easily anywhere.

Sigh....off to farm Euhvi organs. See ya'll in about 2 years. Should have gotten the 4 more I need by then,

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Just do Rairin Obi. 7 Phuabo and 3 Hpemde, those are easy to get and require no Euvhi.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    On that note, if you see me lfg on bst, invite me kthx.
    My PLD deleveled at our last Vrtra so maybe I'll hit you up later this week <_<

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Protip: Get a Korin or Anrin Obi, for those that have not done this yet. Korin needs 7 xzomit and 3 aern organs. Anrin needs 3 xzomit and 7 aern organs. The 3 tissue you need for either of them will just come naturally in the process of farming the organs.

The big momma xzomits have 100% drop rate on organ (babies don't drop). You can get all you need of them in a few minutes.

Aerns have a lower drop rate, but a manageable one. They are easy to kill/farm, can be done solo by some jobs, or can be done in a merit PT. I soloed mine on SMN and got an organ from the aerns (ul and om) in Al'Taieu at about one per every 20 aerns or so.

So if you're lazy, just get a Korin Obi and farm 7 of the 100% drop xzomit organs, and 3 of the lower drop rate aern organs. Or, in my opinion, I like the Anrin Obi better for dynamis/apollyon, but you have to farm more aerns for it so it'll take you longer.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Protip: Get a Korin or Anrin Obi, for those that have not done this yet. Korin needs 7 xzomit and 3 aern organs. Anrin needs 3 xzomit and 7 aern organs. The 3 tissue you need for either of them will just come naturally in the process of farming the organs.

The big momma xzomits have 100% drop rate on organ (babies don't drop). You can get all you need of them in a few minutes.

Aerns have a lower drop rate, but a manageable one. They are easy to kill/farm, can be done solo by some jobs, or can be done in a merit PT. I soloed mine on SMN and got an organ from the aerns (ul and om) in Al'Taieu at about one per every 20 aerns or so.

So if you're lazy, just get a Korin Obi and farm 7 of the 100% drop xzomit organs, and 3 of the lower drop rate aern organs. Or, in my opinion, I like the Anrin Obi better for dynamis/apollyon, but you have to farm more aerns for it so it'll take you longer.
    2 things:

1) Mommy Vomit is 100% drop....but the babies can drop. We got 1 last night. Killed mommy...then killed a baby and got another vomit organ. The drop rate from the babies is very low....but they can drop them.

2) I alread started the Relaxing Earring. I am unsure if I can cancel it and start another. Also, I have 1 euvhi organ already, plus 5 tissues....meaning I only have 4 euhvi organs to go. Is there anyway to cancle and start over?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin

2 things:

1) Mommy Vomit is 100% drop....but the babies can drop. We got 1 last night. Killed mommy...then killed a baby and got another vomit organ. The drop rate from the babies is very low....but they can drop them.

2) I alread started the Relaxing Earring. I am unsure if I can cancel it and start another. Also, I have 1 euvhi organ already, plus 5 tissues....meaning I only have 4 euhvi organs to go. Is there anyway to cancle and start over?
    Don't think so. You're screwed.

But if your LS does jailers, maybe you can get some in the process of euvhi farming, just to break up the monotony. Euvhis aren't hard to kill... your main problem will just be absolute mindnumbing boredom and insanity from low drop rate.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Yeah....we tried to farm some last night. Some guys from my LS were kind enough to monotonously kill Euhvis with me for awhile. After many kills, and but 1 organ..we decided to call it off.

I guess you can sleep bolt them to death....so maybe I will give that a try. We do fight jailers and Ix'dicksuckers, but that task alone can be grueling. I do not want to add any more grief to what is already painful outing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Can always pull euvhis while waiting for temperance placeholders, or while farming for HQ euvhi organs.