Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forced Pop NMs     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Forced Pop NMs

Though I imagine if this thread gets anywhere past 2 pages it will turn into either a) drama or b) Sept/Niro usual stuff, I will post it anyway to ask for some help >.>

I plan on doing a run at Shen and at Alastor Antlion in the very near future for my LS. Shen I know is a Uragnite or whatev and he will summon 2(?) water elementals to help him out after 60 seconds or so. Typically I'm told he needs to be killed before that to be safest, so SAM subs and starting with TP and a few skillchains and all that jazz is in order. Any information anyone can give besides this? Like how the fight goes with the 2 ele and hate and whatnot. And for Alastor Antlion I know basically absolutely nothing for that one, so any information is appreciated <.<

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Kill shen before the summons if you can. Just set up like 3 sc's and MB and your set. Pull alastor to the cave for an easy win.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Alastor is a joke...12 people can kill no problem.

When you trade the trigger, it pops a Feeler Antlion. Have a NIN hold this in the corner. Dont melee it. Every time it has 100 TP, it has a chance to summon an Antlion. It can summon an Excecutioner, which is just an average powered antlion. Sometimes it summons Alastor Antlion. If this happens, quickly bomb the Feeler to death (it has high HP Regen, so be quick about it), then focus on Alastor. Alastor is easy for a NIN to tank, just watch out for Breakga, and if the NIN does get hit, it has Addtl Effect: Petrify, so be ready to remove that crap.

Just be careful of the surrounding DC antlions, make sure they die as soon as they pop...

Little Mother
    BG Level

Ok.

For Alastor Antlion we usually have main alliance with 12-18 and a add party for Trackers and Executioners. Make sure you have a good amount of BLMs and Whms, and melee with Stun WS. Alastor Antlion uses Stonega III and Breakga, when can screw you over. We usually have a BST or 2 or someone with CHR gear some /blm to control Trackers.

When you drop the Antlion Trap on the ??? it spawns a mob called Feeler Antlion. DO NOT KILL HIM. We usually put one Ninja on him. Feeler Antlion has alot of Auto Regen, and when he uses Antlion TP moves, he spawns either Executioner Antlion or the real NM you want, Alastor Antlion. It's completely random from my experiences (over 30 of these I believe). The thing is you want to control how fast he pops them, hence, only one person on him. You give him TP too fast, you got 3-4 Executioners on you (which are difficult to kill) and you end up wiping. Have your person on Feeler fight him, and when he uses a TP move, it will pop Executioner (Have others pull it and kill it) or Alastor Antlion. Once Alastor Antlion pops, kick the shit out of the Feeler, she's useless now. Now you can pull it down into the pit and kill it, or pull it to the zone and have your BLMs cheese it up. Be careful of Stonega and Breakga, have Melee stun it with WS. (From my exprience, Shoulder Tackle is a piece of shit ) Other than that it is a straightforward fight. Just hope Alastor pops fast, I have had Feeler pop 12+ Exec before the real NM.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Thanks for the quick responses and info, a bit more on Shen would be appreciative if possible.

And I bet like 12 people will want pumps and that is just gonna ruin my week ; ;

blax n gunz
    BG Level

OMG HI 2 SEARCH

http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewto ... d&start=60

Page 5-6 or so is when the accurate information comes out. Took me 10 seconds to find.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

OMG maybe he doesnt wanna necrobump or something or ppl have found out new strats? lewl!

Anywhore, if your LS can handle it, keep 1 whm in tank ally, 1 whm outside with a refresher, because they wont get breakga'd(same for JoFaith), and they can just stona the other whm before stona'ing anyone else.

Shen : Just manaburn zerg it and he dies in seconds ^_^ 3 blms + SC'ers = dead shen.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Don't mean to highjack but any good info on how to fight Gration as a Monk? (As I think he falls under this category too) Chi blast or melee? /WAR /NIN /WHM /THF (Full Swing ftw)

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Awoir
    Don't mean to highjack but any good info on how to fight Gration as a Monk? (As I think he falls under this category too) Chi blast or melee? /WAR /NIN /WHM /THF (Full Swing ftw)
    Use hundred fists and see

Awoir is intimidated by Gration's Presence.
    Awoir hits Gration for 34 points of damage.
    Awoir hits Gration for 22 points of damage.

<,<

Gration is fun when everyone but the PLD subs ninja, we usually go blm/nin smn/nin whm/nin rdm/nin etc , and get him killed fast, since we can straight up tank him and not have to kite it, the only time we kite it is when he's casting thundaga3, try to outrun that

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I would use Hundred Fists but it would be a waste. Every time you get intimidated or paralyzed your combat delay timer is reduced to your full delay again as if SP wasn't active, and you have to wait a full combat round. With Grations high intimidation rate Hundred Fists wouldn't be used except for a screenshot of xxx is intimidated :\

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

"Alastor is easy for a NIN to tank"

You ever tanked him? I'm not sure what you consider easy but as a pretty experienced 75 ninja, I wouldnt really classify this as easy. Most mobs that resist elegy/hojo cast lots of -ga and have add effect petrify on reg. hits can be a real pain to tank.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

*shrug*, our NINs have never had any difficulty solo tanking Alastor. I think out of 20+ fights, I've seen the NIN die maybe once.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

So... just kite it!

I know sometimes it's 'fun' to straight tank shit but yeah, just kite it and win 100%

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

In our experience, our pop items that had the HQ animation when synthed popped Alastor first with no executioners. I don't know if it's just a fluke or if this always happens. We fought a lot of these pop NMs when they first came out and didn't know much about them, so we kept the HQ ones aside (they don't look any different in the list, no +1 or w/e) to see if anything different happened and this is what we noticed with Alastor. Anyone else see this too?

I remember the last time we gathered for Timmy, another ls was doing rostum pumps and had to kill 23 executioners before alastor deigned to show up.

Worst I've had was 8, so I felt sorry for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalababala
    In our experience, our pop items that had the HQ animation when synthed popped Alastor first with no executioners. I don't know if it's just a fluke or if this always happens. We fought a lot of these pop NMs when they first came out and didn't know much about them, so we kept the HQ ones aside (they don't look any different in the list, no +1 or w/e) to see if anything different happened and this is what we noticed with Alastor. Anyone else see this too?
    I actually have seen this, with my pumps and a few buddies that I watched hq. I held all the hqs for the runs :0

Alastor first time on every one *_*!

Also, after popping an Exec, I highly recommend having the nin tank it backwards till its dead, helps with the exec buildup if your alliance is small

One more thing.. not very important but, you can CFH the feeler and it has no effect on the alastor dropping or popping D: So no matter who gets the execs you can cfh them till the alastor pops, makes shit go faster sometimes

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Stellar
    "Alastor is easy for a NIN to tank"

You ever tanked him? I'm not sure what you consider easy but as a pretty experienced 75 ninja, I wouldnt really classify this as easy. Most mobs that resist elegy/hojo cast lots of -ga and have add effect petrify on reg. hits can be a real pain to tank.
    Yea Alastor is easy to tank as NIN. Alot of tanking mobs falls on your support. Good support + decent tank = dead mob

something that doesn't seem to get mentioned by anyone is that you can tell by the TP move the Feeler Antlion uses which Antlion will pop.

Sand"Blast" is the TP move which pops the Alastor

the other "Sand" move (can't remember the name exactly) pops an Executioner

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

"Yea Alastor is easy to tank as NIN. Alot of tanking mobs falls on your support. Good support + decent tank = dead mob"

Well, I guess its all relative to what you consider hard.. What mob do you consider hard to tank? When I think of easy, I think of something easily elegy'd with minimal AOE attacks (Fafnir and Jormungand are pretty easy)... I wouldnt necessarily call alastor difficult, but any mob that attacks faster then your Ni cast is going to leave you with a timer and no shadows. Now, with bards assistance with march and mambo, it can almost be classified as easy, but you would wanna mention that to the OP.

But yea, with a bard and a competent whm, I suppose you could call this easy

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I just fought Shen like 5 minutes ago. Killed in 55 seconds. He created two Shen's Filtrates at around 40 seconds. Me and a second RDM slept them. Used SC Heavy Shot -> Spinning Slash = Light followed by 7 Thundaga III MBs + 2 RDM's chainpelling Thunder for easy finish. Build TP for anyone beforehand for Spirits Within, even Reds who have it, and just unleash it all at beginning, then follow up with SC. Good luck, fight netted me EXP Chain 3 50 EXP + 1500 gil so its all good .

Edit: Almost forgot-- He came out of the sea and started with Waterga III, he casted Flood later on. PLD used Invincible to keep hate during SC, but died at 1/10. WAR backup provoked and held it on him long enough to be killed.