Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prom-Vhazl ENM     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Prom-Vhazl ENM

Has anyone done this on regular enough basis to adapt a strategy for it? We've done it 3 times now with the following general set-up

Nin/War
    Rdm/Nin
    Brd/Whm( or Rdm/Nin)
    Blm/Nin
    Blm/Nin(or Sam/Nin)
    Whm/Nin

The idea being we huddle in the entry hallway and nuke/snipe each MR as it passes in front of us and then Zerg the NM when it finally pops. Then we throw ourselves on the last MR with wild abandon before the timer expires. It works-ish for us, but it's always a messy victory involving some RRing and 2 hours. Anyone have any better suggestions, specifically is the amopunt of "Empty Seed" tied to some factor? It feels like it might be but we can't identify what yet. Any personal experiences would be helpful, thanks.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We won with 5:

BLM BLM RNG RNG NIN

RNGs plunked away at the MRs as they passed by. When the NMs pop, we would dual Freeze them for an instant kill. This is kinda risky though, as if a BLM gets drawn in midcast, it's doom.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I generally try to go with PLD, RNG/NIN x2, WHM, RDM, SMN. NIN gets hit relatively hard by empty seed spam if shadows are down, and PLD helps keep more people alive. SMN for earthen ward and avatar damage on MR's. Going with magic-based damage works too but I'd be worried about being drawn in midcast.

Huddling in the entryway is good. Defeating the MR that spawns the Craver (star wars walker) mob isn't necessary. You can take out the other two MR's and mobs and then go for the big MR. Have everyone bring reraise earrings and it shouldn't be all that messy as long as your SMN keeps earthen ward up and people are running in the right direction after being drawn in.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

3bst 3smn = easy win ;x

sqwark@ichy

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I hate this ENM

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raineh
    3bst 3smn = easy win ;x

sqwark@ichy
    can you give me some info on this strat? were doing this enm this week need details >.<