BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NEW BS FROM SE     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

NEW BS FROM SE

http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/index.shtml

http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/event/ ... index.html

The Vana'diel Adventurer Recruitment Program provides an opportunity for FINAL FANTASY XI players to invite their friends to join their adventures, and receive an added incentive! When players use this new system to invite friends who have yet to play FINAL FANTASY XI to the exciting world of Vana’diel, both parties will receive special items in the game.

For those of you who have dreamed of sharing your adventures with your friends, do not miss out on this unique opportunity!

(Note: All days are in Earth time.)
    The inviting party will receive a Guide Beret40 days after successfully inviting a friend.
    The invited friend will receive 12 Chocopasses on the first day, and a Sprout Beretafter 40 days.
    Both parties will also receive items after 100 days and 365 days.

Chocopass
    This is a ticket that allows a character to rent a chocobo free of charge, regardless of job level and/or chocobo license status. Rental is limited to the stables in San d'Oria, Bastok, and Windurst, and riding time is limited.

Guide Beret and Sprout Beret
    These are special hats that operate as a pair. When two adventurers equip these hats and form a party, the level of the character with the Guide Beret is restricted to the level of the character with the Sprout Beret, thus allowing them to enjoy adventuring and leveling together.
    *The level restriction effect of the Guide Beret will only activate when the job level of the character with the corresponding Sprout Beret equipped is under level 50.
    *Players who are under the level restriction effect of the guide beret cannot gain EXP.

Furthermore, these items will be offered every time you invite a friend to play FINAL FANTASY XI! Don't miss out on your chance to obtain these unique items and add them to your collection!
    For details on the special items offered, go here>>

*To obtain special items, both the inviting party and the invited party must pay the FINAL FANTASY XI subscription fee for a set amount of time (40 days, 100 days, 365 days), and play the game using the same characters/Content IDs that were used in the initial invitation process.

[Step 1] The inviting party purchases a Gold World Pass.
    [Step 2] The inviting party gives his/her friend the Gold World Pass.
    [Step 3] The friend creates a character using the Gold World Pass and you're set to go!

Gold World Pass
    A World Pass created solely for this recruitment program. The set in-game price is 1000 gil. The term of validity is seven days (Earth time), the same as a regular World Pass, and they may be purchased from the same World Pass vendors in each nation. However, unlike normal World Passes, the Gold World Pass can be used only once. Thus, if a player wishes to invite multiple friends to play FINAL FANTASY XI, a Gold World Pass must be purchased for each friend.

Where can I purchase a Gold World Pass?
    Gold World Passes can be purchased from the same NPC vendors that sell regular World Passes:
    Port San d'Oria (J-10) Ambleon / Port Bastok (J-7) Kachada / Heavens Tower* Gamimi
    *There is no map for the Heavens Tower area, thus the coordinates will be shown as (?-?).

Can a Gold World Pass be used just like a regular World Pass?
    No. A Gold World Pass can only be used for the first character created on one PlayOnline ID.

What are the conditions for obtaining special items?
    To obtain special items, both the inviting party and the invited party must pay the FINAL FANTASY XI subscription fee for a set amount of time (40 days, 100 days, 365 days), and play the game using the same characters/Content IDs that were used in the initial invitation process.
    *If either party cancels the Content ID or deletes the character that was used in the invitation process before the set times, neither party will receive the special items.

How do I receive the special items?
    Use the following procedure to receive special items:
    1. The inviting player and invited player form a party.
    2. While both players are in the same area, talk to an NPC World Pass/Gold World Pass vendor.
    3. The “invited” player selects “Gold World Pass benefits.” from the dialogue menu. If the proper conditions have been met, a list of obtainable items should be displayed, so select an item from the list.
    4. The “inviting” player should now repeat the same process as above to collect his/her item.
    *To receive special items, you must leave one inventory space empty per item you wish to receive. Please make sure that you have the necessary inventory space BEFORE speaking to the NPC vendor.
    *The same process is used to receive items for each player invited through the Recruitment Program beyond the first.

How do I count the set amount of time (40 days, 100 days, 365 days) that is specified in the conditions?
    The day the invited party uses the Gold World Pass and creates his/her character is counted as the first day. Please note that all the specified days are in Earth time.

Can the Guide Beret and Sprout Beret only be used by me and the friend that I invited?
    Though both the Guide Beret and the Sprout Beret can be equipped at any time, the level restriction effect activates only when the corresponding pair of berets are equipped by the “inviting” player and the “invited” player in a party. Please also keep in mind that even if you form a party with other characters who possess the same item, the level restriction effect (between you and your friend) is not applicable to them.

Old Merits
    BG Level

And the Items are this BS stuff:

Many new players missed special items earned through last year's events, but now everyone will have the opportunity to earn these commemorative goods using the Vana'diel Adventurer Recruitment Program (VARP)! These items are available to both the inviter and the invitee.
    Items available 40 days and 100 days after invitation:

Hume Gilet
    Hume Top
    Elvaan Gilet
    Elvaan Top
    Tarutaru Maillot
    Mithra Top
    Galka Gilet
    Hume Trunks
    Hume Shorts
    Elvaan Trunks
    Elvaan Shorts
    Tarutaru Trunks
    Mithra Shorts
    Galka Trunks
    Tarutaru Top
    Tarutaru Shorts
    Dream Robe
    Wooden Katana
    Pitchfork

Items available 100 days after invitation:

Hume Gilet
    Hume Top +1
    Elvaan Gilet +1
    Elvaan Top +1
    Tarutaru Maillot +1
    Mithra Top +1
    Galka Gilet +1
    Tarutaru Top +1
    Hume Trunks +1
    Hume Shorts +1
    Elvaan Trunks +1
    Elvaan Shorts +1
    Tarutaru Trunks +1
    Mithra Shorts +1
    Galka Trunks +1
    Tarutaru Shorts +1
    Dream Robe +1
    Hardwood Katana
    Pitchfork +1

Certain items can only be obtained by a character of a specific race or gender.

-Storable Equipment Increase

As noted in the Topics section on November 30, 2005, special event items are made storable in the version update following the event. The following items will become storable after the February version update:

Dream Robe
    Dream Robe +1

Items earned in the upcoming Valentione's Day eve

Relic Horn
    BG Level

That program has been around for awhile.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    That program has been around for awhile.
    I know lol, i just mean the Items. They are such of a crap....
    Cheapest way to try to get more ppl playing the game....

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Oh damn, I thought all that stuff was around when it was originally put out.

I wish they'd add more R/EX stuff like that hat. It's kinda useless, but fun to have in any case. Maybe a matching onion coat with a 1/1 teleport enchantment or something.

To get all that other crap you just need to wait until the same event in the next year. :/

Old Merits
    BG Level

I wish they'd add more R/EX stuff like that hat. It's kinda useless, but fun to have in any case. Maybe a matching onion coat with a 1/1 teleport enchantment or something.

To get all that other crap you just need to wait until the same event in the next year. :/
    Exactly. something what i would hv said "ok cant get soon again" would be these Silver/Gold/Whatever Moogle Belts with 1/2/3% HP+.
    But this is all BS stuff.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by SE
    PLEASE GOD BUY MORE ACCOUNTS

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    PLEASE GOD BUY MORE ACCOUNTS because heaven forbid we bother to fix all the shit that's wrong with this game.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    PLEASE GOD BUY MORE ACCOUNTS because heaven forbid we bother to fix all the shit that's wrong with this game. You stupid NAs
    Fixed.
    Fixed. u_u

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

As noted in the Topics section on November 30, 2005, special event items are made storable in the version update following the event. The following items will become storable after the February version update:

Dream Robe
    Dream Robe +1

Guess that's what we're getting for the valentines day event. Too early for pics of what exactly a Dream Robe looks like?

Banned.

BG Level

I think its wroth it just for the cloak furnishing it gives. Nothing else really interests me... though Chocopasses are not bad.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

from POL Japan :

Dream Robe
    Dream Robe +1
    Relic Artifact Armor
    Wyrmal Armor set
    Dalmatica set
    Koenig Armor set
    Adaman Armor Set
    Hecatomb Armor Set
    Blood Armor set
    Dalmatica +1 set
    Kaizer Armor set
    Adaman Armor +1 Set
    Hecatomb Armor +1 Set

And because you are loyal JP tormenting the silly NA for the events of hiroshima (wwww silly NA's, got to love them w), We have allowed you to store peices individually instead of a full set of 5/5.

Banned.

BG Level

Silly BST.

They already can store every armor set in the game.

But they don't need to, because they have GobbieBag 10. Japanese PS2s have no weakness.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by bercus

Exactly. something what i would hv said "ok cant get soon again" would be these Silver/Gold/Whatever Moogle Belts with 1/2/3% HP+.
    But this is all BS stuff.
    You obviously misread the playonline release. I have participated in this event 1st hand and have a sprout that is about 290 days or so. We will be getting the 365 day item soon. The first gathering we got our berets, then after that I, as the recruiter got to choose any event item from the past, moogle belts included. I got a timepeice though, which is some sort of furniture. It's kewl its an analog clock whose hands are accurate to current vanadiel time, and on the 0:00 marker it chimes and has a little tune, complete with little bard notes coming out of it. The items he got to choose from were some smaller, nq versions of items from the past, such as the 1% moogle belt, the hp easter egg, etc.

link removed

15.7% drop in operating income. $80 a person to infuse some cash into a division, but with the costs of renting the pier plus flying people in from Japan, it's probably a money losing event and SE is really just counting on it as publicity.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSky

Dream Robe
    Dream Robe +1

Guess that's what we're getting for the valentines day event. Too early for pics of what exactly a Dream Robe looks like?
    Dream Robe
    Dream Robe +1
    Items earned in the upcoming Valentione's Day event

will get Storable, Dream Robe is the Xmas Santa Claus shit.

On v-day we will get this : Editorial Staff

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSky

You can see what we are getting in a pic on the front of the ffxi main page. Charm wand and charm wand +1

Muze's fantasy about becoming Sailormoon will come true now...

yay for more useless gear