+ Reply to Thread
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

PSP Firmware Hacked(All current versions) as of 1/30/06

Not sure how many, if any, of you saw this. But I'm sure there has to be some psp users in a crowd this big. Here's the link.

http://pspupdates.qj.net/2006/01/homebr ... l#comments

I do not currently have a PSP, I am getting one when my taxes come back though, so I really hope that sony does not release a firmware update prior to me getting one.

Anyways.... this will require a UMD of GTA: Liberty City Stories, a memory card(obviously).. usb cable... winrar and a A 2.0/2.01/2.5/2.6 PSP.

Instructions are much more clear on the site, but basically you pop this program on your saved games folder... then run the GTA UMD... go to load a game.. you'll see "eloader" on the load game menu... load that up.. you'll then be able to load any other programs(that are compatible) that are on your memory card... theres a bunch of stuff that is confirmed to run properly... they are keeping very good track of what runs and what doesn't, theres a comprehensive list on the site.

From what I've heard, the loader sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Also from some posts I've read, you want to run the SNES emulator @ 333mhz... it WILL NOT(according to the site) damage your psp, it will just drain battery life faster... also, people are reporting that the loader works alot better if you turn any powersaving options off that you have on your psp.

I haven't tried it personally, but there's threads like 34 pages long on the site I linked. I read through about 1/2 of it.

When the loader doesn't work, your psp screen will go black, and turn off. You can turn it right back on and try again.

Anyways.. can't wait to get my psp now... i was discouraged when i heard you could only play emulators and homebrew apps on 1.5 and below... but this should really help.

Let me know your results.

I wonder how sony reacted when they found out that GTA, one of the most popular games, is the root of all homebrew now...lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: PSP Firmware Hacked(All current versions) as of 1/30/06

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie
    Not sure how many, if any, of you saw this. But I'm sure there has to be some psp users in a crowd this big. Here's the link.

http://pspupdates.qj.net/2006/01/homebr ... l#comments

I do not currently have a PSP, I am getting one when my taxes come back though, so I really hope that sony does not release a firmware update prior to me getting one.

Anyways.... this will require a UMD of GTA: Liberty City Stories, a memory card(obviously).. usb cable... winrar and a A 2.0/2.01/2.5/2.6 PSP.

Instructions are much more clear on the site, but basically you pop this program on your saved games folder... then run the GTA UMD... go to load a game.. you'll see "eloader" on the load game menu... load that up.. you'll then be able to load any other programs(that are compatible) that are on your memory card... theres a bunch of stuff that is confirmed to run properly... they are keeping very good track of what runs and what doesn't, theres a comprehensive list on the site.

From what I've heard, the loader sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Also from some posts I've read, you want to run the SNES emulator @ 333mhz... it WILL NOT(according to the site) damage your psp, it will just drain battery life faster... also, people are reporting that the loader works alot better if you turn any powersaving options off that you have on your psp.

I haven't tried it personally, but there's threads like 34 pages long on the site I linked. I read through about 1/2 of it.

When the loader doesn't work, your psp screen will go black, and turn off. You can turn it right back on and try again.

Anyways.. can't wait to get my psp now... i was discouraged when i heard you could only play emulators and homebrew apps on 1.5 and below... but this should really help.

Let me know your results.

1.0 and 1.5 are still the /only/ firmware that are fully hacked to allow you to access the kernel. 2.0 and up does not so the homebrews on them are very limited at best.

And, the only worthy homebrews (yes thats right, a lot of homebrew apps suck ass) are only capable of running on 1.5

Fastloader 0.7 (Download psp ISO's and play)
    PMP Player (Play DivX/xvid movies on your psp)
    Quake 2

1.0/1.5 onry

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah I know that, this loader has no kernel access. However, it is at least something for those who had nothing before.