The new spidey costume is super ghey!

http://www.marvel.com/publishing/storie ... .htm?id=67

o..m..g...

Old Merits
    BG Level

Actual picture:

And here's an article talking about it:

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Spid ... zynski.htm

it's still fucking gay. Hell they could've gotten away with making the yellows blues but no..."let's hive him iron man colors and make him gay"

Quote Originally Posted by Brendam
    Boobs.

New Merits
    BG Level

after reading the articlke it appears this will be temporary. i dunno how informed most of you are with marvel or spiderman but recently he made an enemy that says he is a god for machines and he can controll them. i am guessing he is gonna get in a brawl with the dude and be forced to destroy the new suit. o.o

He has polio or something...

Old Merits
    BG Level

Spidey will probably drop the suit during Marvel's big "Civil War."

Civil War is gonna be a big confrontation between Marvel heroes: those supporting super-powered beings having public identities, and those who don't.

This costume is a gift from Tony Stark, as a sign of his new friendship with Spidey. Tony is gonna be on of the major players on the side that believes in making superheroes public. Sources have said that Spidey will initially side with Tony, but eventually switch over to the other side. (not like Spidey to just drop his secret identity) He'll probably ditch the Iron Spidey suit and go back to his old-fashioned goodness then.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Parshias
    Spidey will probably drop the suit during Marvel's big "Civil War."

Civil War is gonna be a big confrontation between Marvel heroes: those supporting super-powered beings having public identities, and those who don't.

This costume is a gift from Tony Stark, as a sign of his new friendship with Spidey. Tony is gonna be on of the major players on the side that believes in making superheroes public. Sources have said that Spidey will initially side with Tony, but eventually switch over to the other side. (not like Spidey to just drop his secret identity) He'll probably ditch the Iron Spidey suit and go back to his old-fashioned goodness then.
    Worst crossover, ever.

Costume changes are gay and piss alot of readers off.

Quote Originally Posted by vudoodoodoo
    Costume changes are gay and piss alot of readers off.
    go look at the gay costume for the superman movie.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Worst crossover, ever.
    I disagree. Remember Bloodlines from either Marvel or DC in the early '90s? Every annual of every title dealt with this storyline. They had some weird event happen which gave a whole bunch of random people extra super powers, and each issue (annuals) introduced a new character (or team of characters).

Each of these was supposed to spawn a new book, increase sales of annuals based on the new character introduction price speculation (ooo! First appearance of Captain Snorkel!), and generally make good things for Marvel or DC (whichever it was).

None of these characters is still around today. I believe both of the Big 2 (at the time) had similar promotions around the same time and both fell flat.

Wasn't the Eclipso crossover pretty damn dumb too? The Age of Apocalypse which cancelled all X-titles for four months are started new ones? I haven't followed the comics industry carefully the last couple of years (although I still collect Astro City, Rising Stars, some Batman stuff and periodic random crap), so I can't name any truly dumb crossovers since about '96 or so, but I imagine there are some.

The premise of this crossover sounds interesting, but seems more suited for C-Span than Marvel Comics.

And I disagree that the costume is gay. If it were gay, it would look waaay better (fashion sense and all that). :wink: Just looks stupid to me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Worst crossover, ever.
    I disagree. Remember Bloodlines from either Marvel or DC in the early '90s? Every annual of every title dealt with this storyline. They had some weird event happen which gave a whole bunch of random people extra super powers, and each issue (annuals) introduced a new character (or team of characters).

Each of these was supposed to spawn a new book, increase sales of annuals based on the new character introduction price speculation (ooo! First appearance of Captain Snorkel!), and generally make good things for Marvel or DC (whichever it was).

None of these characters is still around today. I believe both of the Big 2 (at the time) had similar promotions around the same time and both fell flat.

Wasn't the Eclipso crossover pretty damn dumb too? The Age of Apocalypse which cancelled all X-titles for four months are started new ones? I haven't followed the comics industry carefully the last couple of years (although I still collect Astro City, Rising Stars, some Batman stuff and periodic random crap), so I can't name any truly dumb crossovers since about '96 or so, but I imagine there are some.

The premise of this crossover sounds interesting, but seems more suited for C-Span than Marvel Comics.

And I disagree that the costume is gay. If it were gay, it would look waaay better (fashion sense and all that). :wink: Just looks stupid to me.
    Blood Lines was not so much a crossover, it was more of a company-wide event, but it was pretty crappy. DC used to have better crossovers/events than Marvel: Zero Hour, Underworld Unleashed, Final Night, Day of Vengeance, and so on. Sadly, I have been less than thrilled with the crossovers in the last two years- Identity Crisis was amazingly overrated and Infinite Crisis is just sad. (Seriously, stop using the word "Crisis", it's lost all meaning.)

Identity Crisis was amazingly overrated and Infinite Crisis is just sad. (Seriously, stop using the word "Crisis", it's lost all meaning.)
    You poor jaded fool. I don't think it's even worth explaining anything to you but I shall. Crisis on Infinate earths cleaned up the universe, but left some holes. Identity Crisis, leads into miniseries which leads into infinate crisis, which fixes the holes in Crisis on infinate earths. I would love to go on... but I don't think it's worth it. It's a shame when a sequential storyline has the same word in it. I demand all sequels to movies not have a subtitle or share the same name. Spiderman 3 should be named, five fingered wall sticker!</sarcasm>

New Merits
    BG Level

all these cross overs are doing is cleaning up both the DC and marverl u. the only thing i am not likeing about all of these is that they doing what they did in the early 90's where you have to buy issue 100 of this issue and to read part 2 you buy issue 398 of this series and part 3 is in issue #1 of this brand new super special new guys comic!!

Quote Originally Posted by elita
    all these cross overs are doing is cleaning up both the DC and marverl u. the only thing i am not likeing about all of these is that they doing what they did in the early 90's where you have to buy issue 100 of this issue and to read part 2 you buy issue 398 of this series and part 3 is in issue #1 of this brand new super special new guys comic!!
    With the crisis series, each part stands on it own. You can read infinate crisis alone and understand what is going on and what has happned. All the tie ins just give you a better understanding of why each character is there and what each character has done. All the miniseries lead into each other, but they are enjoyable alone. You do get crossovers in the regular comic line, but it is never required to understand IC.