Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Synthesis Recipes - Feb Update

Synthesis Recipes

The following changes and additions will be made to synthesis recipes and items in the upcoming version update.

-Synthesis
    In the previous version update, a special cooking ability was added to the key items available for purchase with guild points. Several new special synthesis skills such as this one are scheduled to make their debut in the February version update, along with all-new synthesis recipes.

Let's take a look at some of the new key items and synthesis goods.

-Key Item
    -Concoction
    An alchemy skill that allows the creation of solid medicine drops that have the same effects as their liquid equivalents.

Items that can be created through synthesis:

Smithing
    - adaman kris

Goldsmithing
    - shield plaque

Clothcraft
    - Royal Squire's robe +1

-Changes to Synthesis Recipes
    Changes will be made to the skills and items required for certain synthesis recipes. Please visit the relevant guild after the version update to find out more.

Affected synthesis recipes:

Clothcraft
    - Yasha Sune-Ate
    - Field Tunica
    - Trader's Saio

Leathercraft
    - Raptor Helm
    - Wise Gloves
    - Seer's Pumps

Cooking
    - Dried Marjoram
    - Dried Mugwort
    - Carbonara
    - Bataquiche
    - Green Quiche
    - Windurst Taco
    - Tavnazian Taco

-Changes to Item Stack Numbers
    The stack number for items used in the creation of arrows and bolts has been increased from 12 to 99. Several new synthesis recipes will be introduced to allow for greater quantities of these items to be created at one time, however the number created by existing recipes will remain the same.

-Items that will have their stack number increased:
    beetle arrowheads/ horn arrowheads/ scorpion arrowheads/ demon arrowheads/ poison arrowheads/ sleep arrowheads/ karimata arrowheads/ fang arrowheads/ armored arrowheads/ gold arrowheads/ platinum arrowheads/ stone arrowheads/ bone arrowheads/ iron arrowheads/ silver arrowheads/ fire arrowheads/ ice arrowheads/ lightning arrowheads/ bronze bolt heads/ mythril bolt heads/ darksteel bolt heads/ blind bolt heads/ acid bolt heads/ holy bolt heads/ venom bolt heads/ bloody bolt heads/ sleep bolt heads/ chocobo fletchings/ Yagudo fletchings

FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team (02/03/2006)

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

im actually very interested in the dried marjoram or mugwort, whichever was the stupidly rare one. If it becomes easier to get them, then maybe 90>92 alchemy wont be as hard, and those int/mnd/chr etc potions will be more available.

Also interested in stack increases, those current ones stack to 12, does this mean we could have items stack to a possible 99 ?

Gee, thanks for adding something for woodworking. Fucking SE. -_-

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Clothcraft
    - Royal Squire's robe +1
    LOL!

After all this time it's finally been fixed... I wasted a good part of my time actually trying to figure out the recipe. This was 'broken' easily over a year ago hahahaha

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

what was wrong with it?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    what was wrong with it?
    Item existed in the game but was never craftable (no one ever found a recipe), and wasn't listed at the NPC. All the other "Royal Squire's" gear is upgradable just like any CP item, but the robe never was.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

well. us rangers might be getting cheaper ammo soon. be nice not to pay 50k per stack of kabura's. 500k per (long) party.

stackable hi-pots would be nice too. while youre at it make silent oils and prisms stack to 99.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    hey now, in fairness, last update, SE gave us several absolutely worthless lances that were very expensive to make and sold for shit. oh and fishbowls. and they nerfed gardening so making a profit on HQ staves is next to impossible unless you grow your own ore. oh and don't forget i spent all that time, money, farming, etc. to get to 100 so that i could make "the big one."

but i hold out hope that perhaps something like mnk rse will be woodworking.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Martinius
    hey now, in fairness, last update, SE gave us several absolutely worthless lances that were very expensive to make and sold for shit. oh and fishbowls. and they nerfed gardening so making a profit on HQ staves is next to impossible unless you grow your own ore. oh and don't forget i spent all that time, money, farming, etc. to get to 100 so that i could make "the big one."

how did they nerf gardening?

My friend got 4 ice ore out of 7 pots. o.O

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Henisha

how did they nerf gardening?

My friend got 4 ice ore out of 7 pots. o.O
    i was told by several of my gardening friends(mind you i know enough about gardening to grow rice for my cooking mule and that's about it) that the windows to feed plants are much shorter now and that the moghancement gardening effect that keeps plants from withering is much shorter now as well.

either way(and i think part of it comes from finally having several NA goldsmithers on alexander), beads went from 300-400k, 450-460k for lightning beads, to 1.4 mil for a freakin earth bead. generally in the past you had to HQ 1/4 to break even, now it's 1/3 to break even, which means turning a profit is a nightmare. on top of that, a problem arises in that a couple of the 100 woodworkers on alexander are mules of goldsmithers, most of whom grow their ore, which means that they've got little problem undercutting the markets. c'est la vie, it actually helped me, because i got a lot better at paying attention to the market and making more of a profit than just being 'omfgwtfbbq leet100+3woodworker i make staves and nothing else"

Demosthenes11

You are an idiot if you don't think you can make money off of HQ staves...
    30% HQ rate, 1 mil for beads, 6 mil for HQ staves...hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11

1M for beads? Maybe on your server.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11

can i come to your server?

example: earth bead - 1.4 mil, terra staff - 3.5 mil

<3 alexander.

The stack number for items used in the creation of arrows and bolts has been increased from 12 to 99. Several new synthesis recipes will be introduced to allow for greater quantities of these items to be created at one time, however the number created by existing recipes will remain the same.

beetle arrowheads/ horn arrowheads/ scorpion arrowheads/ demon arrowheads/ poison arrowheads/ sleep arrowheads/ karimata arrowheads/ fang arrowheads/ armored arrowheads/ gold arrowheads/ platinum arrowheads/ stone arrowheads/ bone arrowheads/ iron arrowheads/ silver arrowheads/ fire arrowheads/ ice arrowheads/ lightning arrowheads/ bronze bolt heads/ mythril bolt heads/ darksteel bolt heads/ blind bolt heads/ acid bolt heads/ holy bolt heads/ venom bolt heads/ bloody bolt heads/ sleep bolt heads/ chocobo fletchings/ Yagudo fletchings
    Not sure to understand, are they finally making Quiver for all Arrows / Bolts? Or just new recip to synth them cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by Lylie

Not sure to understand, are they finally making Quiver for all Arrows / Bolts? Or just new recip to synth them cheaper?
    Just different recipes that allow you to carry less Synthesis materials for the same amount of craftable ammunition.

Ok, another great and useless idea from SE. Why can't they f'ing make them Quiver-able.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

but ash/arrowwood lumber still stacks only to 12...and so do earth crystals....

who the fuck is this supposed to help, again?

royal squire's robe +1 is sexy though, +1 int inside nation's influence, +2 for hq upgrade robe. time to stock up on those robes, sandy citizens.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Ok, another great and useless idea from SE. Why can't they f'ing make them Quiver-able.
    It helps in synthing them... If the fletchings and boltheads stack to 99 instead of 12 that's ALOT of free inventory space.

Shit... EVERYTHING in this game should stack as long as it's the same piece. Why shouldn't I be able to stack Rainbow Capes to 99? It's all the same -.-

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    It helps in synthing them... If the fletchings and boltheads stack to 99 instead of 12 that's ALOT of free inventory space.

Shit... EVERYTHING in this game should stack as long as it's the same piece. Why shouldn't I be able to stack Rainbow Capes to 99? It's all the same -.-
    Problem is you'll only be able to buy arrowheads in stacks of 99 or singles now. 99 arrowheads = 33 stacks of arrows every time you want to synth arrows and use all your materials. lol @ skilling on darksteel bolts to cap wood sub. This is going to become a bazaar only thing for the people that don't need to make a ton of arrows. It takes less than 99 arrowheads to get through each of the arrow stages leveling wood 1-60. Also means you need a ton of capital to start a synthing session, but that's why SE <3 IGE.

Anyone remember how this change affected the AH when it was done to other items (snack foods)? The stacks already on AH are available and once they're sold/returned no more selling stacks of 12?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

thanks for putting some new bonecraft synths :D

and lol@adaman kris ?? (For those who dont know, kris's, with the exception of mercurial, are blm/smn daggers)